• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• FolkLover1989

• vuelve88

• Giancor

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

yeah if we're talking about the crewneck specifically, it's an almost identical copycat. :deadbanana2: they didn't even bother to use Shakira's own (similar) font.

I don't know if this is trademarked by Taylor Nation, can they send a cease and desist? it's Shakira's imagery so I'm not sure.

or could it be the same designer/artist that created both?

Not only crewneck but all the new merch is basically fully same

I wasn't talking about Eras Concept but this only actually anyways lol 

16 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Both of them copied Jacques Rivette

51pA7gZq2rL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Not Monsieur Rivette :redface: J'appelle la police!  

This is super weird because at first glance, yes it's the same.

But what exactly is the copy? I mean the drawings/art style have around forever. Basically all of our faves have this exact same type of drawings representing their eras/music videos/iconic moments. Is Taylor the first one to use them in merch? Probably, but being the first to use them does not mean anybody else couldn't or that anybody else doing it means they copied Taylor, as like we have said we have seen this type of art before.

I guess the thing that makes it a copy is the text? But as for the placement there is not much to do. I guess they could've tried to not put it behind the drawings. As for the font, it is so generic and while it is the current font for the Eras tour, Shakira also used that same font or something extremely similar back in 2014:

Shakira_-_Shakira_(2014).png

The point is yes they are similar. But is it a copy? I mean...... It's a somewhat generic design that somebody else created. I guess we'll see if it's a "copy" in legal terms. And it would not surprise me, Shakira's team is a mess.

Edited by rta1913

I hate how Taylor Swift of all people coined the ‘eras’ concept when her albums go from pumpkin spice latte to vanilla mochaccino

The girls who actually switched it up and had distinguishable eras like Madonna and Rih should’ve taken advantage of that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 15

3 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Not only crewneck but all the new merch is basically fully same

I wasn't talking about Eras Concept but this only actually anyways lol 

yeah sorry the initial OP made it sound like you were comparing having "Eras" in general :deadbanana2: but the "Iconic Looks" merch or whatever she called it is a blatant copy of Eras Tour merch to any reasonable person.

There's a very successful gay on Etsy who has been doing this for years for Madonna/Mariah/Britney. Taylor's team got it from him.

il_570xN.3007613798_fcuz.jpgil_1588xN.2857847738_rj1b.jpg

il_1588xN.3031652417_q0r0.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThatsIconic?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=857364929

He even had started to make Taylor ones that Taylor Nation made him take down so she could make her own versions.

Edited by suburbannature
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

There's a very successful gay on Etsy who has been doing this for years for Madonna/Mariah/Britney. Taylor's team got it from him.

il_570xN.3007613798_fcuz.jpgil_1588xN.2857847738_rj1b.jpg

il_1588xN.3031652417_q0r0.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThatsIconic?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=857364929

Again you didn't do proper research

Taylor team has been doing this since 2017 

This user is doing great but all of this I can see latest being in 2020

So tell me how did Taylor copy here?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cain said:

distinguishable eras like Madonna and Rih

until the Eras Tour, the MPG I thought of when I thought of distinct "eras" was always Rihanna. aside from like her first two albums (which are indistinguishable to me), she's switched things up drastically for each era. a true legend :clap3:

Taylor's not half bad, though — I think for a non-fan, she still had a bunch of distinct eras/turning points in her career that are easily recognizable. something like this:

1. her country come up (TS-Fearless-Speak Now)

2. country-pop border (Red)

3. main pop girl (1989-reputation-Lover)

4. folklore-evermore

5. Midnights/Eras Era

I mean duh Taylor swift invented music. So of course shakira has to copy her is only right.

:bibliahh:

Last time she had a N*zi symbol as merch, this time she’s copying Taylor Swift… Can Shakira’s team hire competent people to be in charge of this stuff for once in her life?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Again you didn't do proper research

Taylor team has been doing this since 2017 

This user is doing great but all of this I can see latest being in 2020

So tell me how did Taylor copy here?

Taylor featuring some of her old looks in a video is not the same as a compendium :deadbanana4:

That's like saying Beyonce invented eras with her 2000s Pepsi commercial

7 minutes ago, Cain said:

I hate how Taylor Swift of all people coined the ‘eras’ concept when her albums go from pumpkin spice latte to vanilla mochaccino

The girls who actually switched it up and had distinguishable eras like Madonna and Rih should’ve taken advantage of that

this is rich coming from a dua stan cause she's been rehashing the same sound since before the pandemic

OT: taylor better sue :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, suburbannature said:

Taylor featuring some of her old looks in a video is not the same as a compendium :deadbanana4:

Not video

Again you didn't do research

This same merch that I talked about , Taylor has been doing that since Rep era 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

this merchandise has existed since then is what they’re saying. Taylor has been using this design for half a decade, years before that Etsy user has records of those drawings 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cain said:

This is insane

Mad at Taylor cause she did something others didn't :rip: 

Yes Taylor will be known for Eras Tour and you all can't do anything :heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virgos Groove said:

So many good things she could copy from Taylor, and she chooses her merch instead. :rip:

for real :deadbanana2: last thing anyone should want to replicate 

Copy her tax returns queen! 

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

this merchandise has existed since then is what they’re saying. Taylor has been using this design for half a decade, years before that Etsy user has records of those drawings 

Eras have existed forever and a limited sweatshirt from 2017 does not prove that Taylor came up with that idea. I can't believe Swifties have to have this explained to them. 

Google what a visual compendium is and how it has been used in art and pop culture for decades.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Eras have existed forever and a limited sweatshirt from 2017 does not prove that Taylor came up with that idea. I can't believe Swifties have to have this explained to them. 

Google what a visual compendium is and how it has been used in art and pop culture for decades.

… No one. Literally no one. Is claiming Taylor invented “eras.” We’re not even claiming Taylor (her team) invented the art style used in these merch items. I can’t believe I have to explain this to you. What we ARE observing is that the EXACT design Taylor has been using for 6 years has been  copied by Shakira’s team for some reason. That’s it. :rip: 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble
  • Like 5

God forbid someone else wants to celebrate their eras even when Taylor wasn’t a thing :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.