This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

Bends deserved top 20 so much over Shooting Star :noparty:

• Like 1

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

13 minutes ago, pavi said:

Bends deserved top 20 so much over Shooting Star :noparty:

Love both but yeah

Wow I didn’t even know about this rate but as for Tove and Rina’s albums, all seems correct except the disrespect of Borderline.

as for Carly and Charli…I feel disgraced just looking at what songs are gone and what songs are left. 

Keep Away and What You Think About Me are both top 10 so I don’t know why you guys even bother !

Edited by Gwegend

Joshua Tree and Beach House above BENDS??? :biblio: Absolutely INSANE

• Like 1

Didn't expect HTG title track to be out so early :rip: Absolutely love Bends... slightly surprised people stan it so much?! I think it should have been top 20 at least but :michael: BABY SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST TOP 20 SMH

What the hell is Call On Me still doing in :rip: Other than that, pretty fair spots for everything else so far. 

Who's here and ready to go through 20 to 11? :sistrens:

Charlijamming.gif

Here :bird:

• ATRL Moderator

I’m scared 

I don't want to see the enema cover art even once tonight! :tsk:

I'm here

Charlijamming.gif

The last stretch of rates is always the most nerve wracking but I'm ready

Charlijamming.gif

You call it art but you pulled out my heart, and you twisted it into a new shape

ZMns6kj.png

The first dropout of today’s set is the supergroup single from Charli XCX, Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek, “New Shapes”. The song sees three former collaborators join forces to create one of the catchiest and most euphoric songs of any of their careers. The 80s-inspired, synth-heavy track dives into the individuals inability to “truly let significant others in” and “rejecting true love and embracing freedom”. Chris takes the second verse, while Caroline tackles the bridge, both giving their own unique flare and personality to the song. @Ewan Chaos says “Unpopular opinion, but this is the best song on the album and the best collab between any of these 3 ladies. I will admit, this did have to grow on me a little bit since the snippet of the intro initially seemed super different than the rest of the song.” @beomgyu says “the best single of this album idc” and @pavi agrees “Best song on the album, it's true :clap3: “. Contrastingly, @cockatoo moans “This god awful ear bleed” and @Virgos Groove says “A good hook? I AIN'T GOT IT!”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Ewan Chaos

10 - MP2K

10 - Temporal

10 - pavi

10 - creativity.

10 - madonnas

Haters (0s and 1s):

0 - @cockatoo

Just now, greento said:

You call it art but you pulled out my heart, and you twisted it into a new shape

ZMns6kj.png

The first dropout of today’s set is the supergroup single from Charli XCX, Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek, “New Shapes”. The song sees three former collaborators join forces to create one of the catchiest and most euphoric songs of any of their careers. The 80s-inspired, synth-heavy track dives into the individuals inability to “truly let significant others in” and “rejecting true love and embracing freedom”. Chris takes the second verse, while Caroline tackles the bridge, both giving their own unique flare and personality to the song. @Ewan Chaos says “Unpopular opinion, but this is the best song on the album and the best collab between any of these 3 ladies. I will admit, this did have to grow on me a little bit since the snippet of the intro initially seemed super different than the rest of the song.” @beomgyu says “the best single of this album idc” and @pavi agrees “Best song on the album, it's true :clap3: “. Contrastingly, @cockatoo moans “This god awful ear bleed” and @Virgos Groove says “A good hook? I AIN'T GOT IT!”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Ewan Chaos

10 - MP2K

10 - Temporal

10 - pavi

10 - creativity.

10 - madonnas

Haters (0s and 1s):

0 - @cockatoo

manifested

Charlijamming.gif

• ATRL Moderator

You have to be an understander of 80s avant garde synth pop to get why new shapes is so ground breaking.  @Ewan Chaosunseratands! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, greento said:

ZMns6kj.png

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Ewan Chaos

10 - MP2K

10 - Temporal

10 - pavi

10 - creativity.

10 - madonnas

Haters (0s and 1s):

0 - @cockatoo

I lied I'm not ready this should have been #1 I hate yall

Charlijamming.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kimberly said:

the 0 from the banned user :redface:

AbU8Bss.gif 

Thank God they're banned otherwise I'd have some seriously rude things to say to them. Let's remove their score and update this to the rightful top 5 spot!

Charlijamming.gif

Somebody told me that the night's done, if I play the right song, we could keep the lights on, baby

U2qnrJW.png

Carly loses a song at #19 with “Shooting Star” making its exit. I see Carly compared to Kylie Minogue a lot, and this song is where I hear it most. The song is upbeat, playful and fun, and shows a more spontaneous side to Carly that is not seen too often. The production is also heavily disco influenced, it even includes some reworked elements from a scrapped, unreleased song called “Disco Sweat”. Her vocals also seem to have more effects used on them than usual. Yet again, Carly insists on making the outro the best part of the song; “Somebody told me that the night's done, If I play the right song, We could keep the lights on, baby” she sings as the instrumental picks up again for the grand finale.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Sanguine

10 - Alldeezy

10 - Supervillain

10 - MP2K

10 - Born to Run

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, greento said:

Somebody told me that the night's done, if I play the right song, we could keep the lights on, baby

U2qnrJW.png

Carly loses a song at #19 with “Shooting Star” making its exit. I see Carly compared to Kylie Minogue a lot, and this song is where I hear it most. The song is upbeat, playful and fun, and shows a more spontaneous side to Carly that is not seen too often. The production is also heavily disco influenced, it even includes some reworked elements from a scrapped, unreleased song called “Disco Sweat”. Her vocals also seem to have more effects used on them than usual. Yet again, Carly insists on making the outro the best part of the song; “Somebody told me that the night's done, If I play the right song, We could keep the lights on, baby” she sings as the instrumental picks up again for the grand finale.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Sanguine

10 - Alldeezy

10 - Supervillain

10 - MP2K

10 - Born to Run

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

A little too high but 20 is generally a fair spot 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.