This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

1 minute ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Now why is Pineapple Slide out before Colonostomy?! 

Wtf is Colonostomy a nickname for?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Wtf is Colonostomy a nickname for?

i assume call on me?

3 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Now why is Pineapple Slide out before Colonostomy?! 

oh i fear im gonna upset your family again :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

I want the bad ones 'cause they're all I know, I always let the good ones go

HnIREQm.png

CRASH's lead single is next to leave the rate. “Good Ones” was Charli’s attempt at re-breaking out into the mainstream, and while it did gain more success than her previous attempts, it failed to become the huge hit I think it was intended to be. This bouncy, electropop dance track discusses Charli’s “incapacity to maintain healthy relationships” and how she always ends up going back to the “bad ones”. The high budget music video features choreographed dance sequences and sees Charli dancing on her own grave at one point. Pitchfork named the song one of the best of 2021. @Supervillain says “CLASSIC, one of her best songs sorry”. @beomgyu reiterates his thoughts on a previous Charli track “this is half a song”. @cockatoo says “Honestly she could've deleted the first two tracks and opened with this. She looked so hot in the mv whew”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Matthew4815

10 - halcyonday

10 - Supervillain

10 - MP2K

10 - Rev8

10 - supaspaz

10 - gatito

10 - Virgos Groove

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

0 - @Sanguine

Edited by greento

3 minutes ago, greento said:

I want the bad ones 'cause they're all I know, I always let the good ones go

HnIREQm.png

The final remaining lead single is out next, leaving the top 10 completely lead single-less. “Good Ones” was Charli’s attempt at re-breaking out into the mainstream, and while it did gain more success than her previous attempts, it failed to become the huge hit I think it was intended to be. This bouncy, electropop dance track discusses Charli’s “incapacity to maintain healthy relationships” and how she always ends up going back to the “bad ones”. The high budget music video features choreographed dance sequences and sees Charli dancing on her own grave at one point. Pitchfork named the song one of the best of 2021. @Supervillain says “CLASSIC, one of her best songs sorry”. @beomgyu reiterates his thoughts on a previous Charli track “this is half a song”. @cockatoo says “Honestly she could've deleted the first two tracks and opened with this. She looked so hot in the mv whew”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Matthew4815

10 - halcyonday

10 - Supervillain

10 - MP2K

10 - Rev8

10 - supaspaz

10 - gatito

10 - Virgos Groove

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

0 - @Sanguine

okay now this surprises me. this song is pop perfection i wish the album had served like this :monkey:

Is Constant Repeat her only song left :rip:Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it did feel like it had the next amount of haters after Rina! Honestly would have preferred like... 6 other songs over Constant Repeat to be in the top 10 but great song so whatever.

Fair spot for Good Ones

i have no memory at this time of which songs may or may not be left standing

Just now, Ewan Chaos said:

Is Constant Repeat her only song left :rip:Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it did feel like it had the next amount of haters after Rina! Honestly would have preferred like... 6 other songs over Constant Repeat to be in the top 10 but great song so whatever.

yehh somehow Charli was the first to be chopped down to 1 song :sistrens:

• ATRL Moderator

So only CR is left??? :deadbanana:

What other Rina song is left besides Frankenstein? 

• ATRL Moderator

I’ll always be shocked at how many people including her own fans dislike crash.  

Right now my sanity is gone, it's vanishing, I know I do this to myself, it's damaging

6kbeL8X.png

“Imagining” by Rina Sawayama is perhaps her most imaginative song to date. The lyrics are about being gaslit and reflect the confusion that accompanies it. The messy, loud production helps to portray the “sensory overload” that comes along with it, where you don’t quite know what’s going on. Rina’s vocals shine through here as she almost screams on the chorus. @Ewan Chaos, who gave the song a well-deserved 10, says “Rina was at her lowest... wide awake, bellyaches, and agitated. Masters owned by Matty. She came on this ***** mad as hell!!!!” @supaspaz loves the production “Yes, garage!” @cockatoo says “This is what she was trying to do on most of the album, but this was the only time it worked” and @Virgos Groove says “Need need NEED to experience this live at least once in my lifetime.” Early on in the rate, "Imagining" was firmly placed within the top 4. Sadly, as more lists came in, its score was dragged down and eventually lead to it not even making the top 10.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Sanguine

10 - Ewan Chaos

10 - TRF.

10 - Supervillain

10 - MP2K

10 - 4Real

10 - ONOPKA

10 - pavi

10 - madonnas

10 - Miichael

10 - Born to Run

10 - Love Again

10 - Crashed

10 - Suilen

10 - Virgos Groove

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Matthew4815

2 minutes ago, greento said:

@Virgos Groove says “Need need NEED to experience this live at least once in my lifetime.”

@Virgos Groove you spilled, I already loved the song when the album came out but when I experienced it live it was life changing. 

I like Frankenstein, enough to even call it in top 5 or close to it... but her highest song with Imagining out...? 

• Like 1

Rina was at her lowest... wide awake, bellyaches, and agitated. Masters owned by Matty. She came on this ***** mad as hell!!!!

:rip:

• Haha 1

Call on me, I'd die for you, baby, believe in love at night when you save me

z5Q9MTp.png

Just missing out on the top 10, we see the other Tove/SG collab, “Call on Me”. Tove explains how both herself and SG are “emotional party people” and that definitely comes across in the track. This classic EDM banger was originally written by SG Lewis, and given to Tove Lo to try and rewrite, however, she felt his original lyrics gave the song a more energetic feel and so the final version uses his lyrics. At first, this song didn’t stand out to me really, but over time it’s definitely got stuck in my head on multiple occasions.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Tedwards

10 - Alldeezy

10 - halcyonday

10 - MP2K

10 - Temporal

10 - creativity.

10 - kimberly

10 - Crashed

10 - gatito

10 - Virgos Groove

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

Charli XCX - CRASH (1/16 remaining)

Crash

New Shapes (with Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek)

Good Ones

Constant Repeat

Beg for You (with Rina Sawayama)

Move Me

Baby

Lightning

Every Rule

Yuck

Used to Know Me

Twice

Selfish Girl

How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now

Sorry if I Hurt You

What You Think About Me

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (1/13 remaining)

Minor Feelings

Hold The Girl

This Hell

Catch Me In The Air

Forgiveness

Holy (Til You Let Me Go)

Your Age

Imagining

Frankenstein

Hurricanes

Send My Love To John

Phantom

To Be Alive

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme (3/13 remaining)

No One Dies From Love

Suburbia

2 Die 4

True Romance

Grapefruit

Cute & Cruel (with First Aid Kit)

Call on Me (with SG Lewis)

Attention ***** (with Channel Tres)

Pineapple Slice (with SG Lewis)

I'm to Blame

Kick In The Head

How Long

Borderline

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time (5/16 remaining)

Surrender My Heart

Joshua Tree

Talking to Yourself

Far Away

Sideways

Beach House

Bends

Western Wind

So Nice

Bad Thing Twice

Shooting Star

Go Find Yourself or Whatever

The Loneliest Time (with Rufus Wainwright)

Anxious

No Thinking Over the Weekend

Keep Away

carly having HALF of the top 10 is so right.

CONTINUE THE COUNT

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Frankenstein being Rina's highest is messy. But most of the top 10 seems solid.

6 minutes ago, ONOPKA said:

carly having HALF of the top 10 is not right. 

STOP THE COUNT

like we need the full top 10 

carly-rae-jepsen-the-loneliest-time.gif

I can't believe Imagining and Crash aren't top 10. I didn't even know Baby already left :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.