Lori McKenna - '1988'

Born to Run

2000x2000bb-100.jpg

The Old Woman in Me (written by Lori McKenna)
Happy Children (written by Lori McKenna, Chris McKenna)
Killing Me feat. Hillary Lindsey (written by Lori McKenna, Hillary Lindsey, Luke Laird)
Days Are Honey (written by Lori McKenna, Barry Dean, Luke Laird)
1988 (written by Lori McKenna, Brian McKenna)
Growing Up (written by Lori McKenna)
Wonder Drug (written by Lori McKenna)
The Town in Your Heart (written by Lori McKenna, Jessie Jo Dillon, Dustin Christensen)
Letting People Down (written by Lori McKenna)
The Tunnel (written by Lori McKenna, Ben West, Stephen Wilson Jr)

July 21st

Lori McKenna titled her album 1988 after the year she married her husband, Gene, yet the 10 songs within also serve as a love letter to lifelong friendships, people she’s lost, and her family. Recorded with producer Dave Cobb in Savannah, Georgia, 1988 naturally has its nostalgic moments, even if not every ending is a happy one. With more of an electric edge than her past projects, 1988 feels in step with classic ‘90s albums by Sheryl Crow or Gin Blossoms, where the lyrics pulled you in as much as the melody or production. Playing together on acoustic guitars while facing one another in the studio, McKenna and Cobb tracked the album live, giving it a feeling of immediacy and authenticity.

I always welcome new music from one of our greatest songwriters. :duca:

5 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

I always welcome new music from one of our greatest songwriters. :duca:

Oh the upset when 1988 pulls a Bonnie Raitt and snatches AOTY :clownny:

Foac1sJXEAAz2w0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.