Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Michelle Branch Everywhere Worship Thread

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

One of the biggest Christian songs ever.

:confused:

Legendary and so underappreciated ! like Michelle is queen ! 

But let me tell you, this ***** was in her bag! Hit after hit! Ear Candy! 
 

 

 

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, Bentley said:

:confused:

I am fully convinced this song is about God. All the lyrics indicate God to me, but a few stand out. Such as "You're everything I know that makes me believe I'm not alone." Much more than that, though, is "I recognize the way you make me feel. It's hard to think that you might not be real." If she's singing about a guy, this makes no sense. Finally, it says "And when I catch my breath it's you I breath." This also makes sense with God, but not with just a regular person. In any case, I love this song.

Just now, Fastlane said:

I am fully convinced this song is about God. All the lyrics indicate God to me, but a few stand out. Such as "You're everything I know that makes me believe I'm not alone." Much more than that, though, is "I recognize the way you make me feel. It's hard to think that you might not be real." If she's singing about a guy, this makes no sense. Finally, it says "And when I catch my breath it's you I breath." This also makes sense with God, but not with just a regular person. In any case, I love this song.

I get the reference for sure, but in regards to it being one of the biggest Christian songs ever, I doubt the Christian church even recognizes it lol

stan All You Wanted the better song.

and Drop in the Ocean.

and Til I Get Over You.

2 hours ago, Fastlane said:

I am fully convinced this song is about God. All the lyrics indicate God to me, but a few stand out. Such as "You're everything I know that makes me believe I'm not alone." Much more than that, though, is "I recognize the way you make me feel. It's hard to think that you might not be real." If she's singing about a guy, this makes no sense. Finally, it says "And when I catch my breath it's you I breath." This also makes sense with God, but not with just a regular person. In any case, I love this song.

Quote

 

"Everywhere" was Michelle Branch's first single; she wrote the song in her Sedona, Arizona, bedroom when she was about 15 years old, not long after getting a guitar for her 14th birthday.


In the song, her special someone is with her (metaphorically) everywhere, so even when they're apart, she can feel his presence. It's almost like he's a ghost, as Branch sings about "the part of you that's drifting over me." She's been asked about the deeper meaning in the song but insists it has none, saying the lyric is simply "teenage rhyme." She elaborated in a 2021 Songfacts interview, saying: "It's that feeling when you can't stop thinking about somebody. They literally permeate your thoughts and drift into everything that you're thinking about, or every little thing reminds you of that person. Still to this day, people ask what it's about and try to find a deeper meaning than a high school crush, and I'm flattered that so many people have different applications for it."

 

 

Edited by Wrecked

Michelle Branch's music will always be a part of my early 2000s soundtrack :jonny:I listen to her music and I'm instantly catapulted to the year 2003. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.