Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Joost is so unserious :redface: but also endearing, I do like him tbh... let's go EUROPAPA:celestial2:

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

On 4/12/2024 at 6:40 AM, Hurem said:

Semi Final 1 is so bad:rip: Apart from 3-4 songs , I dont want to give even a single point

Yesterday was amazing, one of the best nights of my life. I feel like ESC online community has never been more toxic (especially the Croatian one), so to leave that bubble and see everyone just enjoy every single song live was such a refreshment.

I went with my Dutch date, and he only listened to Europapa prior to the show. His standouts of the night (besides NL) were France, Croatia, Cyprus, Belgium and Switzerland. He was absolutely shook with Slimane, especially the part where he moves the mic away. I fully believe he is coming for a top 5 placement considering how well people react to his live performances.

San Marino was arguably the worst of the night :doc: They came through with the dancers, pyro and everything, but nothing worked, people didn't care whatsoever. I felt kinda bad tbh.

• Like 3

You know songs like that, they are stories that people can identify with. You know what I mean, anybody. Children were singing the song at graduations. At weddings. At funerals.

• Haha 4

My votes have been cast and I look forward to the meltdowns.

YlK9r1G.thumb.gif.613b9663f3e5814ad92cc8

13 minutes ago, Toudi said:

@Hurem what is the due date to vote?

Posting the results on Tuesday evening, so try sending before then!

This is a ******* banger :WAP: Azerbaijan what have you done 

2 hours ago, Hurem said:

Posting the results on Tuesday evening, so try sending before then!

Voted 

I don't post much here but I've just come back from the pre-party in Stockholm and had the urge to let you know… witnessing Kaleen perform in front of my eyes (I was close to the stage) was an EXPERIENCE. She may not be the strongest vocalist this year (still she sounded more than fine live), but she ate the stage and can't wait to see what she has in store for Malmö.

NebuGODsa also delivered a memorable performance, like always. Definitely a guilty pleasure this year.

• Like 1

@Hurem @Funhouse How was EiC for you?

Anyway, lemme give my input on it.

Beginning from that pro-Palestine protest they were trying. I'm all for the disqualification of Israel (as I have said before in this thread) but guilt tripping the people queueing for being complicit with the Gaza genocide is INSANE. Not the way to do this. People without a job. 

Georgia and Cyprus were gagworthy. These two queens slayed the venue down boots mama. LIKEEEE

UK was a disappointment. Olly has sound difficulties which, to be fair, was giving intentional sabotage.

Spanish grandma and grandpa slayed too. 

Czechia was terrible vocally my god. And she looks like Amanda Tori Meating from Drag Race

Austria and Switzerland did what they had to do. No surprises here. We stan talent in this house.

Finland was kinda cutesy too :rip:

Netherlands had the whole arena go feral. 3/4 of the audience was probably Dutch but still, delivered an energetic performance AND the background graphics were a massive kii. He better continue with the trolling in May and the win is on lock. Utrecht 2025.

• Like 1

Voted at ATRL-O-VISION

Unfortunately, I did not 12 my favourite but instead bumped another song. If the juries can vote strategically, I can do too. 

2NaDVQR.gif

Kaleen improving vocally and we have confirmation that there will be a backup singer to pick up the slack. (ORF referred to it as a "safety net" kiiii)

Top 5 here we come

YlK9r1G.thumb.gif.613b9663f3e5814ad92cc8

• Like 1

Doing the rating, I genuinely enjoyed 9/15 in SF1; 14/16 in SF2 and 6/6 for the Big 5 + Sweden.

Really mad I tuned in to this year's Eurovision only when April came.

2NaDVQR.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

I unfortunately wasn't able to attend this year but it looked like a good time!

Euro pa pa pa pa pa pa pa :beatfreak: Euro pa pa pa :beatfreak: HEY! 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

An absolute blast! I only wish I was closer to the stage, but this way I could get drunk and annoy people by belting Ramonda and Rim Tim Tagi Dim

singing-azaelia.gif

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Beginning from that pro-Palestine protest they were trying.

I felt kinda bad for them cause not only was that poor lady chanting without a mic, they decided to blast music on their stage, making it impossible to hear what they were yelling. 

I'm more than okay with them protesting though, that's how you bring awareness :michael:

2 hours ago, Hurem said:

An absolute blast! I only wish I was closer to the stage, but this way I could get drunk and annoy people by belting Ramonda and Rim Tim Tagi Dim

girl not drunk when half of the attendees are -18 :rip: 

2 hours ago, Hurem said:

I felt kinda bad for them cause not only was that poor lady chanting without a mic, they decided to blast music on their stage, making it impossible to hear what they were yelling. 

I'm more than okay with them protesting though, that's how you bring awareness :michael:

You're right, I just didn't appreciate the guilt tripping. But now I'm feeling extra bad now because we were blasting Eurovision songs on a portable speaker and that might've also blocked their chants :rip: 

EUROVISION YOU CAN HIDE

YOU'RE SUPPORTING GENOCIDE 

period

singing-azaelia.gif

THE WAY I switched on Denmark randomly and bumped it to my top 5

SAND

SAAAAAAAAAAAAND

singing-azaelia.gif

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.