• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

ZrRDBXv.png

SATELLITE

Average score: 6.86

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @Soda Pop Queen, @Katamari, @4Real)

Low score: 1.4 (@jacklovesyou1)

The fourth single from Harry’s House is this sweet love song about orbiting someone until they’re ready for you, though it takes off unexpectedly midway through, riding to the moon on soaring vocals and a fuzzy guitar that sounds like it was transmitted from across the solar system. As “Satellite” picks up rotation on pop radio, it still has yet to re-enter the Billboard Hot 100, where it debuted at #21 during the album’s release week.

Best bit: the thrilling blast of feedback and drums that sends the track into outer space

ATRL says…: The music video, starring a WALL-E-esque vacuum cleaner who goes on an adventure across the United States after watching a documentary about the Mars rover, made @Rev8 like the song more. “Such a wholesome video too! Cute stuff,” he raved. @madonnas called it “lifeless.”

Full of life I fear

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Katamari said:

Full of life I fear

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

If you get it, you get it!

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Harry's AirBNB

Ddddd a more appropriate title given his very temporary stay in this rate

• ATRL Moderator

ElKJJxQ.png

PARTY

with Rauw Alejandro

Average score: 6.91

High score: 10 (@Subomie, @Sanguine)

Low score: 1 (@kandicha, @creativity.)

Bad Bunny and his wingman, Rauw Alejandro, the Puerto Rican singer and Rosalía’s boyfriend, are scoping out a threesome with a girl with fake boobs and a real butt who just wants to “party, party, party, party” on this winding and grinding sixth single from Un Verano Sin Ti. Though it never matched the heights of the album’s release week, when it debuted at #14 on the Billboard Hot 100, “Party” did top Latin radio and crack the top thirty on the rhythmic format.

Best bit: “Tanto asiento que hay/Y encima de mi bicho es que te quieres sentar”

ATRL says…: “The backing vocals in the chorus were pretty annoying,” @cockatoo complained.

• ATRL Moderator

"Party" is great, by the way! One of the biggest bops on the album.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Okay! You all really do not care about that man. But the next two are going to piss off a lot of people.

• ATRL Moderator

lXuaOHT.png

YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, KID

Average score: 6.97

High score: 10 (@305, @a_d_22, @byzantium, @State of Grace., @Virgos Groove, @Achilles., @creativity., @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 1 (@CBC, @MP2K)

Ten albums and nearly two decades into her career, Taylor is naturally thinking about legacy, and she’s still powerful enough to be crafting her own mythology through songs like this pulled-herself-up-by-her-bootstraps chronicle from Midnights. Sure, it’s not strictly true that she faced it all on her own, but it makes for a great story as Taylor alludes to the good (finding her songwriting voice), the bad (her abject humorlessness and rampant capitalist streak) and the ugly (we’re never moving past the 2009 VMAs, are we?) along her meteoric rise from teenage reject to the biggest pop star in the world. “You’re On Your Own, Kid” debuted at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 during the album’s historic release week, when it occupied the entire top ten.

Best bit: “I search the party of better bodies/Just to learn that my dreams aren't rare”

ATRL says…: “Kind of don't understand the hype for the song,” @Rev8 confessed. “She's really never beating the wannabe victim allegations,” @cockatoo grimaced.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Virgos Groove said:

20201105120958666342u.jpeg

Naur naur it's true

• ATRL Moderator

Damn, it's dead in here. I might have to cancel this update.

• ATRL Moderator

There's a major single out next, but I don't know if I want to waste the reveal...

Just now, supaspaz said:

There's a major single out next, but I don't know if I want to waste the reveal...

Pls don't say it's time for Break My Soul...  :gaycat7:

• ATRL Moderator

SCmsKqt.png

ANTI-HERO

Average score: 6.99

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @Katamari, @4Real, @Taemira)

Low score: 1 (@kandicha, @BlackoutZone, @madonnas)

This lead single from Midnights is well on its way to becoming Taylor’s biggest hit ever – starting with a Spotify record for opening-day streams and continuing through eight weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, her longest reign. Which is a shame, really, because it indulges some of her worst artistic tendencies. Even as Taylor, accompanied by a gated drum machine, dives deep into her most crushing insecurities – sharing brutally honest confessions like she never has before about feeling depressed, unattractive and scared that she’ll end up alone – it all seems as carefully stage-managed as ever. Not one for second do you believe that Taylor truly sees herself as the “Anti-Hero,” though some of flaws she spoofs (“my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism”) probably strike closer to reality than she’d care to admit. As a PR exercise in self-flagellating relatability, it’s highly effective. (Just check out the widespread critical acclaim, with publications including the BBC, Billboard, Entertainment Weekly, the Los Angeles Times and Slant naming it one of the songs of the year.) As a mask-off moment, a genuine peek beyond the masterfully manufactured fantasy that is Taylor Swift, it rings hollow.

Best bit: “I'll stare directly at the sun, but never in the mirror”

ATRL says…: “This song is what I imagine an AI would spit out if you told it to make a Taylor Swift song,” @cockatoo said. @Rev8 “didn't understand why it was so successful (streaming, of course, and her being everywhere) but I grew to like it in the end.”

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Crashed said:

Pls don't say it's time for Break My Soul...  :gaycat7:

No, good songs can stay!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Virgos Groove said:

Damn... double homicide

We're about to make it a triple

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.