• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

I'm here. Lets get rid of Harry's Basement xo

its-time-to-take-out-the-trash-patrizia-reggiani.gif

• ATRL Moderator

744S5KX.png

The results are in! After tabulating 35 ballots, I can say for certain there was one album that definitively ruled your 2022. But was it SZA or Beyoncé or Rosalía? Perhaps Bad Bunny or Taylor Swift? Maybe even Harry Styles? (Okay, we all know it wasn't Harry Styles.) We're about to find out! Just to give you a tease, four of these artists are represented in the top ten, while one bombed out before the top thirty. And there's only a single track that managed an average above 9. (For the record, scores have been rounded to two decimal places .) Thank you all for your patience while I put this together. Time to make your final guesses about what's to come and let's get to it!

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Taemira said:

here for the motomami massacre :spring:

I can confirm there will be a massacre today

9 hours ago, cockatoo said:

The kii being his album is no worse than Midnights which I'm sure was praised to the high heavens :redface:

This is tea. They're both beige af. At least Harry's Halfway House has the decency to be a short one.

• ATRL Moderator

Fo1omHc.png

BOYFRIENDS

Average score: 4.13

High score: 9 (@Quicksand)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @MP2K, @kandicha, @Ewan Chaos, @BlackoutZone, @madonnas, @creativity., @Norte)

Spare and slight, this Harry's House ode to the many ways that men let us down in relationships is an appropriately forgettable way to kick off the countdown. The only heft comes from the layered vocals, just pretty enough to keep “Boyfriends” from completely devolving into a coffee shop open-mic stupor. But the Hallmark-level sentiments would be a lot more interesting if it felt like Harry were speaking at all from his own experience.

Best bit: “Boyfriends, are they just pretending?” – a great question for an episode of Ricki Lake!

• Like 1

I kinda like these harry styles corny ballads tbh, but good riddance

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Subomie said:

Appropriate first out! It sucks!

Really provoked no thoughts other than it's pretty.

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

9TgVr0A.png

BOYFRIENDS

Average score: 4.13

High score: 9 (@Quicksand)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @MP2K, @kandicha, @Ewan Chaos, @BlackoutZone, @madonnas, @creativity., @Norte)

Spare and slight, this Harry's House ode to the many ways that men let us down in relationships is an appropriately forgettable way to kick off the countdown. The only heft comes from the layered vocals, just pretty enough to keep “Boyfriends” from completely devolving into a coffee shop open-mic stupor. But the Hallmark-level sentiments would be a lot more interesting if it felt like Harry were speaking at all from his own experience.

Best bit: “Boyfriends, are they just pretending?” – a great question for an episode of Ricki Lake!

Horrible song 

• ATRL Moderator

3NEJPbP.png

ABCDEFG

Average score: 4.46

High score: 10 (@CBC)

Low score: 1 (@MP2K@jacklovesyou1@BlackoutZone, @cockatoo@madonnas@Norte)

As Motomami draws to a close, Rosalía takes a minute for a brief interlude running through her bad bitch alphabet. (K and L don’t even register.) It’s a cute flash of her sense of humor, even if they didn’t understand it; the voters rated it substantially lower than anything else from the album.

Best bit: “M de motomami/Motomami, motomami/Motomami, motomami”

ATRL says…: “Obviously lowering because it's an interlude,” @Ewan Chaos said, “but it is kinda fun. Motomami motomami motomami...” @a_d_22 said it “would be higher but ‘abcdefu’ ruined spelling songs for me lol.” @madonnas helpfully pointed out this is “not actually a song.” Thanks, bud! “She really thought this was necessary?” @cockatoo wondered.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

This is definitely better than Gayle!

Not a Harry song out first :toofunny3: I just know his album is probably going to be the first1 to go

ngl I'd rather listen to Rosalia's interludes than half of Midnights, Harry's Hole or SOS

• ATRL Moderator

3E8yGT2.png

LITTLE FREAK

Average score: 4.75

High score: 9 (@byzantium, @greento)

Low score: 1 (@Soda Pop Queen@MP2K, @Ewan Chaos@madonnas, @creativity.)

Don’t cry because it’s over, as the saying goes, smile because it happened. This mellow ballad from Harry’s House reflects with nostalgia, rather than bitterness, on mysteriously consequential moments – a golf swing and a trampoline, red wine and a ginger ale – from a relationship that slipped away from Harry. It’s the most subdued song called “Little Freak” that you’ll ever hear. 

Best bit: “I'm not worried about where you are/Or who you will go home to/I'm just thinkin' about you”

ATRL says…: “I didn't love the album before this, but it REALLY tanks from this song onward,” @Ewan Chaos moaned. @cockatoo admitted “something about Harry Styles saying the words ‘little freak, Jezebel’ makes me very uncomfortable.”

• ATRL Moderator

Thank god it wasn’t an usher cover 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

“I didn't love the album before this, but it REALLY tanks from this song onward,"

Totally.

3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

“something about Harry Styles saying the words ‘little freak, Jezebel’ makes me very uncomfortable.”

& also this. Skin crawling stuff.

I’m here! Hairy Hole is one of the worst pop albums I’ve listened to in years so very pleased to see it go

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.