The Taylor Swift Discography Rate || Winner Revealed!

Well damn, after doing this quickly and not thinking too hard (except trying to choose the 11s), I was a little surprised at how my discography ranking ultimately panned out. A little different than I originally thought if we go based on numbers (really thought Speak Now would be higher and kinda shocked at how much I love Fearless), but here we are:

1. evermore (avg 9.25)

2. folklore (avg 9.20)

3. Fearless (Taylor’s Version) (avg 8.76)

4. Midnights (avg 8.6)

5. Red (Taylor’s Version) (avg 8.5)

6. Reputation (avg 8.16)

7. 1989 (avg 8.06)

8. Speak Now (avg 7.5)

9. Lover (avg 7.47)

10. Taylor Swift (avg 7.35)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Klein

• By the Water

I wanna join this but damn does she already have a massive discography. :jonny5:

Well I was able to clear Madonna and Mariah's, I can certainly clear this too since I've already listened to most of these.

Just listened to her debut for the first time, did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did! 

Album averages for me;

Taylor Swift: 6.1 

Fearless: 6.5 

Speak Now: 8.2 

Red: 7.3 

1989: 6.7 

Lover: 6.4 

Folklore: 8.1

Evermore: 7.5 

Midnights: 7.3 

Ok ol still need to finish Midnights and revisit debut real lightly

here to bring some taste into the rate :cm:

this will be easy, except for random tracks (the christmas ep will go out first lol)

I won't mind Enchanted winning again tho :coffee:

Apart from a few standouts i really don't understand the hype of Speak Now, people act like it's her best and honestly it's not at all.

Edited by jacklovesyou1

16 minutes ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

Apart from a few standouts i really don't understand the hype of Speak Now, people act like it's her best and honestly it's not at all.

You're right. Fearless is by far her best album.

30 minutes ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

When the standouts are like the entire album :jonny5:

Enchanted, Long Live, Dear John, Back To December, Mean, Mine, Sparks Fly, Haunted, Ours, Better Than Revenge, Last Kiss... :jonny5:

Only evermore clears :jonny5:

Whew thank you guys for the ballots so far and the ones promised. :clap3:

This is going to be a fun and—most importantly—interesting rate. :gaylorcat2:

3 hours ago, FancyStars said:

Is it too late to participate?

you have until Feb 12th I believe :heart:

10 hours ago, FancyStars said:

Is it too late to participate?

Not at all! You have until Feb 12th to send your ballot in :beatfreak:

My average rating of the Taylor Swift albums:

• Debut: 6.7
  • Fearless: 7.5
  • Speak Now: 8.7
  • Red: 8.5
  • 1989: 8.0
  • Lover: 7.4
  • Folklore: 7.9
  • Evermore: 7.6
  • Midnights: 7.3

A lot of Taylor's albums have high highs, but the consistency is often compromised. This is especially the case with Debut and Lover, with the former having great singles but middling album cuts while the latter has great non-singles but the actual singles themselves range from decent to career worst. The opposite is the case with Folklore and Evermore, with the highs not being much higher than the rest of the tracks and the albums being very consistent overall. Midnights goes back to the original pattern.

Speak Now wins overall because it ties both aspects together, with it having fantastic highs like Enchanted, Long Live, Speak Now, Back To December, The Story of Us, and Ours, and very consistent quality overall. Red could've beaten it thanks to the strong new additions from the 2021 re-release, but I find that the inclusion of the 10 minute version of All Too Well as the album's centerpiece serves to ruin the cohesion of an already incohesive and varied record, and ultimately pulls it down a peg for me. 1989 could've also beaten but the truth is that I absolutely can not stand the singles on the album outside Bad Blood due to how religiously I used to listen to them earlier. 

Reputation has gone up considerably in my rankings, and I now see it as Taylor's most experimental record, even if the experimentation was largely relegated to the world of mainstream pop. While not every song hits, I can definitely appreciate Taylor trying to do something with both the sonics and aesthetics of the album and her image during the era, and overall I find that on the 15 track album there are maybe 2 tracks I genuinely don't enjoy.

1 hour ago, FancyStars said:

Thanks! I will definitely do it.

I need to rate all the songs that are posted in the OP right?

Like, let' say I' m rating 'RED'...

I have to do this??

"Treacherous"- 10

"Holy Ground" - 10

" I almost do " - 8 

etc etc

??

is it like that?? 

Yes, rate all the songs in the OP like that. Just remember, don’t post it here, send it to me! 

The way this is gonna take forever since i wanna listen to her whole discography for this :rip: Am listening to Speak Now and maybe Red today (:jonny2:)
so far:
Mixtape: 5.1 average
Fearless: 6.15 average

might adjust the scores a bit depending on how the overall averages turn out :giraffe:
Also for Taylor's versions tracks im voting based on the versions i prefer (for example WANEGOD TV is not it obviously but i love the original)

Edited by TaylenaStan

Starting Sunday I’ll be sending out more reminders. Let me know if you want to be added to the tag list! :gaylorcat1:

Edited by 1989

1 minute ago, FancyStars said:

Me. I always forget things so I'll prolly forget to do the rate, so a reminder would be helpful.

I’ll put you on the list! :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.