• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Zack said:

@youresotoxic SM is hitting us all with a jewel case...we really LOST

054391376299_BouquetVer_1500x.jpg?v=1695164211

ALL of them being jewel cases... SM is just so DUMB :gaycat7: not even a photocard being included would make up for this horrible packaging

was it that hard to give us a cute lil digipack or something :chick3:

Spoiler

I do kinda like the member version though. just wish they gave us a photobook version :chick3:

I absolutely LOVED the concept photos

054391382542_WINTERVer.jpg?v=1695164359054391382535_KARINAVer.jpg?v=1695164323

Edited by youresotoxic

1 hour ago, IvyTower said:

Let’s try again. Why has Yuri (no shade I love her album) promoted and not Seohyun for example? Why has Tiffany not gone on any Korean music shows and only promoted English music in the west? Why was JYJ allowed to do dramas with no issue? My guess and opinion? An alleged Musical Non-Compete Clause for those leaving the company which may or may not prohibit formal domestic promotions after leaving the company for a certain amount of time. Usually foreign and OST, little indie tracks don’t count. If it’s five years we should get music next year.  @Zack thoughts?

Tiffany is my ult. US was always her dream and it allowed her to move back home, she left SM specifically because she wanted an agency that could support her ambitions better, she has voiced this. You're jumping to conclusions and then working backwards to make the facts fit the narrative, but the facts don't really fit. 

Non-compete clauses are standard contract fare in any industry so it wouldn't shock me to learn that SM has that in place, but there's no evidence supporting that. Not to mention the fact that SM idol contracts cover endorsements and acting too so why they would have a non-compete for one but not the other when SM invests resources into building their skills and connections in every field makes no sense imho.

I think we're glossing over a key fact that anybody who leaves SM(especially SNSD) already had their shot at being at the top of the Korean music industry and probably a chance to continue that with SM too. Leaving is an enormous indicator of a shift in priorities, like in the case of Jessica who said her heart was in fashion more than idol work.

In the case of JYJ though, a lot of the claims they made were verifiably false/sensationalized and production/broadcast companies and agencies were rightfully afraid to work with them in spite of their tremendous talent and popularity because they were liable to make up whatever and cause an enormous media storm to get what they want. They got out of their contracts(and brought necessary contract reform to the whole industry with them) but weren't awarded damages on any of their claims and it was later ruled to never be a slave contract to begin with. SM was underhanded but people forget there's always another side to that coin.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

jisoo is slaying so hard in paris 

celebs, executives and photographers jumping her just for a picture

truly dior’s princess :worship:

its such a kii to see her with all these rich and powerful people wanting a piece of her!

13 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

ALL of them being jewel cases... SM is just so DUMB :gaycat7: not even a photocard being included would make up for this horrible packaging

Reveal hidden contents

I do kinda like the member version though. just wish they gave us a photobook version :chick3:

This looks like its a warner release and not an SM release because it makes no damn sense and its geolocked to US fans only 

I hate it how there are so many idols at these Fashion Weeks with Blackpink but we NEVER get a photo or any moment together :redface:

The closest we've got recently is Jisoo and the NewJeans girls being in the same room

And even aespa meeting Blackpink but taking ZERO photos together are they serious? :rip: 

And in before the "it's the company!11!!" excuses start coming in, Seulgi and NingNing were freely posting the BP concert on their instagram stories 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Can it finally go viral? :deadbanana2:

The fact that 90k is their most used sound :rip: 

But didn’t savage have 200k?

18 minutes ago, FACT said:

Who is Ucha ? 

The girl from a2k jyp gruop Vcha i was being silly 

1 hour ago, WeFoundWill said:

copies Dula and did it worse 

Everyone was during 80’s synth pop in 2020, not just TWICE and Dula 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

lmao electric computer to their programmers

Why are they programmed to be better dancers than MAVE:?  Korea...

:cm:

43 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I hate it how there are so many idols at these Fashion Weeks with Blackpink but we NEVER get a photo or any moment together :redface:

The closest we've got recently is Jisoo and the NewJeans girls being in the same room

And even aespa meeting Blackpink but taking ZERO photos together are they serious? :rip: 

And in before the "it's the company!11!!" excuses start coming in, Seulgi and NingNing were freely posting the BP concert on their instagram stories 

V and Lisa? but yeah we definitely need that BP x Aespa selcas like what's stopping them to post them when Ning2 had no problem posting it on her IG for the world to see :coffee2:

Class:y continuing their career as SNS content creators.

FWIW, that song was originally released in 2003.  Just like Hong Hyeju and Yoon Chaewon.

:cm:

2 hours ago, IvyTower said:

Let’s try again. Why has Yuri (no shade I love her album) promoted and not Seohyun for example? Why has Tiffany not gone on any Korean music shows and only promoted English music in the west? Why was JYJ allowed to do dramas with no issue? My guess and opinion? An alleged Musical Non-Compete Clause for those leaving the company which may or may not prohibit formal domestic promotions after leaving the company for a certain amount of time. Usually foreign and OST, little indie tracks don’t count. If it’s five years we should get music next year.  @Zack thoughts?

I mean I agree and I think the clause probably exists. It's the same for Luna and Amber who released albums after leaving SM but they never appeared on music shows. Luna self-funded her "Madonna" song, so I highly doubt she would skip promotional opportunities unless she had no choice. Jessica also very obviously never wanted to stop doing/promoting music either. She has said this directly herself many times.

SM just doesn't want any situation where it seems like their former idols are doing better outside of the company.

Though they tried to play games with Tiffany vs. Jessica in 2016 and ended up losing.

Edited by Zack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MAVE, Plave or whatever. All this Korean companies debuting virtual groups and even groups who literally had nothing to do with geek stuff are now hopping on the trend but KTRL would convinced us otherwise that Aespa have no Impact :celestial3:

• Like 1

How did she go from jobless to being booked within a week? Also an official collaboration… 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The fact that 90k is their most used sound :rip: 

But didn’t savage have 200k?

Savage had over 100k+ but tiktok deleted so many of the videos for some reason 

17 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

lmao electric computer to their programmers

i wonder if it's fully animated/how much they had to edit it? cause the movements look little bit too good for vtubers dancing in motion capture suits

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

Reveal hidden contents

I just knew with the sudden release it would be something like this. The covers are cute but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. Maybe if I happen to see it in store but it's so disappointing. Even one group ver. photobook or digipack would have been great if they were going to bother with a physical at all.