K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

43 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Why does aespa's tour look so next level for a k-pop show? Like literally EVERY k-pop stage is the same. A huge screen and a catwalk. No props nothing. At least aespa's is different and I'm loving it.

they'll have exactly that in theatres they booked outside of japan 

• Haha 3

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lgaga1fan said:

You constantly post and talk about aespa and are suddenly pretending you don't which is funny. irdc what opinions you have but you could be consistent at the very least. 

xjaa6Of.gif

Where ? :rip: Because I said Kepler and Aespa are on the same level in Japan. :bibliahh: Stfu that’s not what we were arguing about 

Some of yall have no idea about how things work in the japanese market and it shows :rip: 

11 minutes ago, rzal said:

they'll have exactly that in theatres they booked outside of japan 

And some of the "theatres they booked outside of Japan" in question...

2880px-Crypto.com_arena_drone_shot_early_2023.jpg

The_O2_3_1508583655.jpg&action=ProductDetailProFullWidth

palacio-de-los-deportes-domo-de-cobre.jpg

Dôme de Paris - Palais des Sports (Paris (15 th ), 1960) | Structurae

Edited by Zack
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

Where ? :rip: Because I said Kepler and Aespa are on the same level in Japan. :bibliahh: Stfu that’s not what we were arguing about 

Well I clicked your profile to check your post history and you're right so apologies for being rude to you. You seem to support most groups and get some facts wrong from time to time but we all do so. :biggrin:

xjaa6Of.gif

15 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Why you pulling your anger on me. :bibliahh: I don’t care about aespa booking Tokyo dome I didn’t start the fight. I just don’t get this user obsession with IVE. 

It’s not my fault if Starship knows IVE potential in japan and promote them. It’s just funny for me to compare a younger group to a 3 year old group talking about arenas or stadiums. When both started with booking the same venues. Next time drag the users who shaded aespa. 

You keep calling aespa a senior group as if half of IVE hasn't been active for years longer than aespa and have shaded aespa's tokyo dome shows for weeks because clearly something about aespa succeeding in their careers threatens you personally.

OT: Has anybody noticed that the ONLY metric where IVE, the group from a label famous for sajaegi, is surpassing other big 4th gen GGs in is streaming?:coffee2:

Edited by Century
  • Thanks 1

Trying not to hit my daily limit from all the posts I keep liking

17 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

This whole average stream things you Moas keep boasting about doesn't make 1 bit of sense, since an artist will have a higher average stream in an album if the album has lesser songs since the title track alone usually mostly carries the album. 

Btw, SKZ only debuted 1 year earlier than TXT, and SKZ were literally flops during 2018-2019 and you can argue that even bgs like The Boyz and ATEEZ were bigger than them during that period. TXT were already bigger than SKZ when they debuted in 2019, since they already had the whole "BTS little brothers" hype etc.. SKZ didn't surpass TXT in popularity until 2020.  

SKZ didn't have US distributor until last year, hence why every single album of theirs since last year have now been debuting #1, and they are the only Kpop act to have all their charting albums debut at #1. Btw, Republic Records have also been under-stocking SKZ albums which has been a very known issue, hence why it has effected their longevity on the chart.

Anyways 5-star has a good charting run right now :clap3:

Btw, TXT already had a US distributor from the moment they debuted back in 2019, which was 3 years before SKZ got theirs, and yet SKZ managed to get 2 #1 albums before TXT got their first #1 :michael: 

Anyways, SKZ are also doing good numbers all over the world and not just in the US, with their albums topping many European countries and their recent album breaking records and being the longest charting Kpop album inside the top 10 in the biggest music markets in Europe (Germany, France etc.)

I understand, but it must also suck as a fan to see how HYBE constantly tries to media-play them as the 4th gen leaders and trying to erase other groups' achievements etc., when they aren't even the biggest 4th gen group in their own company. Even ENHYPEN are kinda washing them in the streaming department. 

And don't get me started on the whole Yeonjun being a 4th gen it-boy media-play fiasco. 

Here are the receipts

TNC: Temptation on Billboard 200 (Week 8): #63 

5-STAR on Billboard 200 (Week 8): #33

Soon their new album (released in January, 2023).will be below ODDINARY (release in March, 2022) in daily streams (shock much)

Numbers from 08/03 (2023)

TNC: Temptation: 791,595 daily streams (293,508,445 total)

ODDINARY: 637,414 daily streams (489,455,459) 

They can keep in their delulu world of blabla average per song when half of skz discography is re-released so ofc it will decrease their average

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Eternium said:

LOL! According to you and music business worldwide, Spotify stats are useless, YG was successful on MelOn for sajaeji. SM honest and innocent!

Reality:

Queencard - 80 days.

I Am - 48 days

Unforgiven -32 days

aespa - #176-OUT

But Spotify/circle points/album sales/YouTube ads don’t matter, aespa Tokyo Dome leader!

xjaa6Of.gif

Does anyone here know ASL? How accurate is this?

Edited by Flomik

200m spotify streams pays out to 600k-1m USD. The rates are even worse for Youtube and (especially abysmal) Melon. In reality one or two aespa concerts can outgross/outearn the entire careers of certain groups who only exist on streaming.

xjaa6Of.gif

Edited by Century

The Kwangya Gods are bothering people that much for their Tokyo Dome sold out dates? 

Anyway, I just saw here, they seem to have a stronger fandom than IVE even on Japan.

Oricon (Korean Album Sales) 

My World: 54,051 copies (released May 8)

I'VE IVE: 36,799 (released April 10) 

spacer.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zack said:

And some of the "theatres they booked outside of Japan" in question...

2880px-Crypto.com_arena_drone_shot_early_2023.jpg

The_O2_3_1508583655.jpg&action=ProductDetailProFullWidth

palacio-de-los-deportes-domo-de-cobre.jpg

Dôme de Paris - Palais des Sports (Paris (15 th ), 1960) | Structurae

well that's cute but the production will have to fit both theatres and arenas so what i said is true. are these sold out or do they have more buy 1 get 1 free deals like in atlanta?

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

well that's cute but the production will have to fit both theatres and arenas so what i said is true. are these sold out or do they have more buy 1 get 1 free deals like in atlanta?

xjaa6Of.gif

I wish they had deals like BPs metlife concert where they're handing out free tickets to anybody who's willing to subject themselves to 3 hours of Jisoo's off key yelping and Jennie's horrible performing that either she or blinks will invent a condition to excuse it with after the fact. With deals like that I could attend the whole tour. 

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

guys it really doesn't matter that much to be arguing about it for hours

the SM stans will defend aespa and the others will defend their 'rivals'

yall will never convince each other lol

it keeps the thread going I guess

btw suho is still good looking but he might have overfilled his face a bit too much

altho he always had a puffy face

5 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

the way it always ends up in shading jisus too :chick3:

:hoetenks:

That's because any topic of discussion in here ends in certain Stinks getting brave and inserting themselves and/or aespa.

F2ebxqXXsAAr7uY.jpg:large

• Like 2

I’ve heard that grass is begging for it to be touched  

• Like 1

jennie album leaks sound excellent omgggg

I'm excited to see what Jihyo is gonna serve.

xjaa6Of.gif

7 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

guys it really doesn't matter that much to be arguing about it for hours

the SM stans will defend aespa and the others will defend their 'rivals'

yall will never convince each other lol

it keeps the thread going I guess

Why does everyone who defends aespa get labelled as an SM stan though :rip: I never even liked fx that much and if Red Velvet disbanded tomorrow, it'd be another day for me. 

I've personally played IVE more than any SM act this year too.

Spoiler

M8uVQ8C.png

Most people here to seem like three SM acts at most.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Century said:

I wish they had deals like BPs metlife concert where they're handing out free tickets to anybody who's willing to subject themselves to 3 hours of Jisoo's off key yelping and Jennie's horrible performing that either she or blinks will invent a condition to excuse it with after the fact. With deals like that I could attend the whole tour. 

xjaa6Of.gif

the free tickets in question 

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Why does everyone who defends aespa get labelled as an SM stan though :rip: I never even liked fx that much and if Red Velvet disbanded tomorrow, it'd be another day for me. 

I've personally played IVE more than any SM act this year too.

Hide contents

M8uVQ8C.png

Most people here to seem like three SM acts at most.

they all exhibit SHEEP like behaviors 

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7qYtKhk.png

The wall of NO ENTRY is sending me :deadbanana2: 

xjaa6Of.gif