K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The only place where Aespa is bigger than newjeans and IVE is China, they should do more promo there or maybe do a doble release like exo used to do with exo-m/exo-k. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when are Japan and the United States in China? Because IVE was doing mini-theaters in Japan and aespa has sold nearly as many albums as them despite not releasing ANY Japanese music vs IVE's 2 releases.

Let alone the US where aespa can actually chart on billboard and newjeans is another colossal leap above aespa, stop hiding behind nj to prop up IVE. The majority of Mys are also tokkis.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Flomik said:

In a good way or bad way? 

IMG_0225.thumb.jpeg.1a97f95872db4f226059

oh i just meant it totally does sound like a rain on me clone :deadbanana2:

13 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Idk why aespa stans act like their success in Japan is so groundbreaking lol. Aren’t all of 4th gen GGs smashing in Japan rn? 

Spotify Japan Daily

#3 NewJeans

#12 TWICE

#30 Le Sserafim 

#41 IVE

#42 Blackpink 

#58 aespa

Kpop is extremely huge in Japan :swan:

No one's acting like it's groundbreaking. They're giving aespa their flowers and happy they're proving people wrong. You can't even say aespa's success IS expected in Japan too considering their concept/sound :michael: 

• Like 3

Why does aespa's tour look so next level for a k-pop show? Like literally EVERY k-pop stage is the same. A huge screen and a catwalk. No props nothing. At least aespa's is different and I'm loving it.

I just love when people rewrite history. IVE‘s 1st fan meeting in japan welcomed 60,000 fans and they booked the same venues as Aespa 1st fan meeting in Japan. :storm:I guess it’s Shocking an older group book Tokyo dome than a rookie group.  
I know some people are stuck in the past and think because at some point they hated a group and decided to hate on their junior group but it’s time to let it go :coffee2:

Kep1er's music is mostly good actually but I don't really care about them anymore

Xiaoting will always be MOTHER though... Lord please give her a good company to redebut :jonny5:

8608018.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Why does aespa's tour look so next level for a k-pop show? Like literally EVERY k-pop stage is the same. A huge screen and a catwalk. No props nothing. At least aespa's is different and I'm loving it.

It seems they put on an incredible show 

F2weIMnb0AE3XHI.jpg

F2xEDlbWsAAIl8m.jpg

F2wtlQiW4AActkJ.jpg

F2wgygrWcAAr-nn.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I just love when people rewrite history. IVE‘s 1st fan meeting in japan welcomed 60,000 fans and they booked the same venues as Aespa 1st fan meeting in Japan. :storm:I guess it’s Shocking an older group book Tokyo dome than a rookie group.  
I know some people are stuck in the past and think because at some point they hated a group and decided to hate on their junior group but it’s time to let it go :coffee2:

Aespa's Japan showcase: 40k attendees across 2 dates

IVE's Japan fan CONCERT from their Asian Tour: 57K attendees across 4 dates

IVE stans and straight up lying. Name a more iconic duo.

Edited by Century
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

It seems they put on an incredible show 

F2weIMnb0AE3XHI.jpg

F2xEDlbWsAAIl8m.jpg

F2wtlQiW4AActkJ.jpg

F2wgygrWcAAr-nn.jpg

It looks so good! I’m so sad I can’t go to one of the European shows. 

2 hours ago, black swan said:

moas suck at streaming and giving longevity to songs despite having big debut numbers (see TEMPTATION, it debuted similarly to the latest SKZ album with higher average streams per track despite having less tracks) AND SKZ are an older group, with a bigger core fanbase, with more comebacks per year (KR, JP and all the other additional mixtape/XMAS releases), with more tracks per comeback. it would've been embarassing not to outstream TXT imo.

This whole average stream things you Moas keep boasting about doesn't make 1 bit of sense, since an artist will have a higher average stream in an album if the album has lesser songs since the title track alone usually and mostly carries the album. 

Btw, SKZ only debuted 1 year earlier than TXT, and SKZ were literally flops during 2018-2019 and you can argue that even bgs like The Boyz and ATEEZ were bigger than them during that period. TXT were already bigger than SKZ when they debuted in 2019, since they already had the whole "BTS little brothers" hype etc.. SKZ didn't surpass TXT in popularity until 2020.  

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion but I still believe they have better performances than SKZ in the US, charts-wise at least: I don't find 3 #1s on BB 200 particularly impressive when they lack longevity, also having 3 total entries on the chart despite the wide discography and the first entry being last year... maybe it was a stock problem pre-2022, I don't know, but I would assume the JYP-proclaimed "next BTS" to perform similarly to BTS without physicals (in 2016 BTS managed to chart Wings on the UK album chart without a Friday release and physicals so it is possible when you have a lot of fans who stream very well on Spotify and Youtube, just like SKZ) 

SKZ didn't have US distributor until last year, hence why every single album of theirs since last year have now been debuting #1, and they are the only Kpop act to have all their charting albums debut at #1. Btw, Republic Records have also been under-stocking SKZ albums which has been a very known issue, hence why it has effected their longevity on the chart.

Anyways 5-star has a good charting run right now :clap3:

Btw, TXT already had a US distributor from the moment they debuted back in 2019, which was 3 years before SKZ got theirs, and yet SKZ managed to get 2 #1 albums before TXT got their first #1 :michael: 

Anyways, SKZ are also doing good numbers all over the world and not just in the US, with their albums topping many European countries and their recent album breaking records and being the longest charting Kpop album inside the top 10 in the biggest music markets in Europe (Germany, France etc.)

I love seeing TXT chart and perform better comeback after comeback ever since debut and that's what matters to me as a fan 

I understand, but it must also suck as a fan to see how HYBE constantly tries to media-play them as the 4th gen leaders and trying to erase other groups' achievements etc., when they aren't even the biggest 4th gen group in their own company. Even ENHYPEN are kinda washing them in the streaming department. 

And don't get me started on the whole Yeonjun being a 4th gen it-boy media-play fiasco. 

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think its just for the encore show but I would love if they could tour a show like that around the world

Certain users have been saying aespa is over since they joined the website and their sales, streams, and concert attendance only get bigger every day. It's time to give it up :cooldown:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I mean its pretty embarrassing that the group actively promoting in Japan, charting in Japan, and selling as many albums in Japan is booking the same venue as the "lesser" group that's done none of that. aespa hasn't done any active promotion in Japan outside of touring and theyre killing it. There's clear demand for them that can't just be boiled down to kpop becoming more popular there. It took the Japanese queens TWICE 5 years to do the same venue that aespa just did a concert at and they did the same number of dates. Continually trying to invalidate success bc youre deluded and dont like the fanbase makes you look really tired sorry. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Century said:

Certain users have been saying aespa is over since they joined the website and their sales, streams, and concert attendance only get bigger every day. It's time to give it up :cooldown:

Not just that, it seems for a group of users, their whole sphere of consciousness in this thread revolves around aespa and trying to discredit everything those girls do. 

Even when the topic isn't about them, somehow it keeps on coming back to aespa every time. The mental gymnastics required seems exhausting. Glad it ain't me! 

FASHION-ICON-NINGNING.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Century said:

It really just comes down to the fact some users just can't say "good for aespa" and move on. It always has to be some undermining or some random shade they read from 2 years ago. Not to be dramatic but aespa could cure cancer and some users would say some another 4th gen girlgroup could cure cancer and then end world hunger while they're at it. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Century said:

Aespa's Japan showcase: 40k attendees across 2 dates

IVE's Japan fan CONCERT from their Asian Tour: 57K attendees across 4 dates

IVE stans and straight up lying. Name a more iconic duo.

And two of the dates booked are PIA Mia arena which is the same as Aespa so why do you keep coming for IVE with their ThEaters :cm:

Also Aespa performed 4 times despite booking only one arena :storm: 

Remember When Seoyonce ate Ariana up:jonny6:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

Not just that, it seems for a group of users, their whole sphere of consciousness in this thread revolves around aespa and trying to discredit everything those girls do. 

Even when the topic isn't about them, somehow it keeps on coming back to aespa every time. The mental gymnastics required seems exhausting. Glad it ain't me! 

FASHION-ICON-NINGNING.gif

2 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

It really just comes down to the fact some users just can't say "good for aespa" and move on. It always has to be some undermining or some random shade they read from 2 years ago. Not to be dramatic but aespa could cure cancer and some users would say some another 4th gen girlgroup could cure cancer and then end world hunger while they're at it. 

Both of these posts are exactly it. And then those same users will label aespa fans as obsessed with them and write conspiracy theories as to why

Edited by Century

I can't believe people are downplaying domes :toofunny2: aespa selling out 2 dome dates is definitely impressive and deserves praise, cause I don't think any other gg can sell out domes right now apart from BP and TWICE :clap3:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

I mean its pretty embarrassing that the group actively promoting in Japan, charting in Japan, and selling as many albums in Japan is booking the same venue as the "lesser" group that's done none of that. aespa hasn't done any active promotion in Japan outside of touring and theyre killing it. There's clear demand for them that can't just be boiled down to kpop becoming more popular there. It took the Japanese queens TWICE 5 years to do the same venue that aespa just did a concert at and they did the same number of dates. Continually trying to invalidate success bc youre deluded and dont like the fanbase makes you look really tired sorry. 

Why you pulling your anger on me. :bibliahh: I don’t care about aespa booking Tokyo dome I didn’t start the fight. I just don’t get this user obsession with IVE. 

It’s not my fault if Starship knows IVE potential in japan and promote them. It’s just funny for me to compare a younger group to a 3 year old group talking about arenas or stadiums. When both started with booking the same venues. Next time drag the users who shaded aespa. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eternium said:

IVE released a pre-release in March and their title in April. LSF had a title in the first week of May and a single, but a significant portion of their numbers come from their November comeback in 2022. ANTIFRAGILE makes up 329M of LSF’s digital points this year. G-IDLE also only had a title and a pre-release, but NXDE makes up 230M of their points since they had a November release.

“Cool With You” and “ETA” are also title tracks. If you stanned NewJeans and not just their success, you would know that.

Aespa’s not lacking in digital success this year - Spicy spent months in the top 10 (still there) and the B-sides are still charting. On the year-end building chart, Spicy is #17, Illusion is #89, Next Level is #119, Thirsty is #128 and Salty & Sweet is #195. And that’s on top of them just releasing the best-selling mini album ever for a girl group.

The faux NewJeans stanning just so you can try to dunk on another girl group is big loser energy. Leave that toxic ass behavior behind in third gen.
xjaa6Of.gif

So, the problem is people are actually streaming other GG’s discography? And your resident company stans co-signing this point :deadbanana:

On NewJeans title tracks - I already told you the accumulated points in the tweet was BEFORE EP release. However, keep telling yourself more titles guarantee more streaming/success as if some male SM acts didn’t bomb every single month.

OT:

NewJeans - 2.305B

#IVE - 1.654B
#LESSERAFIM - 1.013B

- wall -
#GIDLE - 808M
#aespa - 597M

xjaa6Of.gif

Just now, Dialamba said:

Why you pulling your anger on me. :bibliahh: I don’t care about aespa booking Tokyo dome I didn’t start the fight. I just don’t get this user obsession with IVE. 

It’s not my fault if Starship knows IVE potential in japan and promote them. It’s just funny for me to compare a younger group to a 3 year old group talking about arenas or stadiums. When both started with booking the same venues. Next time drag the users who shaded aespa. 

You constantly post and talk about aespa and are suddenly pretending you don't which is funny. irdc what opinions you have but you could be consistent at the very least. 

xjaa6Of.gif

I remember calling TGIF mid but after getting bombarded with the TGIF propaganda on my TikTok feed I kinda switched

You call it cocky?... I call it true!

200w.webp

• Like 1