SZA - “Kill Bill”

Michael196

1 minute ago, Draper. said:

??? This is climbing radio positions way faster than 90% of singles, they just took time to send it to radios cause they didn't know Kill Bill would blow up. But everything's been done well, they shoot the video and released it way faster than anyone would expect from SZA.

But this blew up on streaming on day 1 and it's been a month or so since its release. Maybe it's bc I don't really follow the charts all that much but I feel like if this was a Taylor Swift song it'd be top 10 on overall radio already. It just seems weird.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• Sscorpionn

• monologueNacafe

• 50thStateofMind

On 1/16/2023 at 8:30 AM, monologueNacafe said:

OVERALL RADIO #57

22.55 AI (+2.85)

OVERALL RADIO

#48 (+9)  |  25.02 AI (+2.48)

:clap3:

1 minute ago, dumbsparce said:

But this blew up on streaming on day 1 and it's been a month or so since its release. Maybe it's bc I don't really follow the charts all that much but I feel like if this was a Taylor Swift song it'd be top 10 on overall radio already. It just seems weird.

The issue is that they expected Nobody Gets Me to blow up, they did send that song to radios on release. And they waited to see if Kill Bill was really blowing up or it was just a first week fluke, which already makes you send the song on week 3. But it's already #48 on overall radio and it was out of the top 100 6 days ago, it's doing great.

If she doesn't take it this week, it's over. Miley's song is an absolute juggernaut and will go #1 for months 

awful timing :rip:

but hopefully the song can continue to have some longevity and maybe she'll have a shot at #1 again later.

Edited by kandicha

Ok well this is kinda over considering Miley's song is going to be #1 for at least 6 weeks I fear :rip: they're also increasing at the same rate so will likely peak on radio around the same time. Unfortunate timing :rip:

yeah this isnt gonna go #1 anymore, this week was the last chance as miley is gonna dominate

I’m so ******* happy for Miley but I’m sad that this never got the chance to go #1. There’s still a chance if Flowers dies down.

I blame her team. I also blame Taylor. That greedy birch :gaycat6:

I blame her team. They couldn't release the video at least 2 days before. I mean a Tuesday night release? :biblio: 

And the difference was like 1 point, so even a little discount could have helped. Taylor discounted her song and remixes last week and without that discount SZA would have been #1 instead  :sad:

It’s so sad this won’t go #1. I just wish SZA’s team went to all lengths to get her it. Releasing the video on a Friday and discounting would’ve done wonders :mazen:

Either way this is a GLOBAL smash. All is well and the album is gonna stay #1 for many weeks to come.

Her team is effing d*mb, I swear. This is definitely getting Bad Romance'd and that's sad. :doc:

while flowers is gonna block her from getting her first #1 single, i think it’s helping kill bill as some of those 17 mil streams are def listening to kill bill next.

reaching 8.2 mil (2.6 mil u.s) streams after six weeks is amazing and def helping sos be so stable

23 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

OVERALL RADIO

#48 (+9)  |  25.02 AI (+2.48)

:clap3:

#43(+5) | 27.43 AI(+2.41)

23 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

#43(+5) | 27.43 AI(+2.41)

#38(+5) | 29.91(+2.48)

On 1/17/2023 at 4:01 PM, Shinning said:

Taylor Swift is so f*cking evil ughhhh

No in this case I blame SZA's team more than Taylor. They failed her and didn't pull up like they should. F***ing failures. I'm so mad.

This will join Bad Romance, Since You Been Gone, You Belong With Me, Party in the USA etc ... in the rank of classic #2 songs

There’s no way this will overtake Flowers for the foreseeable future. It needs to hold out and continue to grow on radio and have longevity over Flowers to get the #1 spot at this point. Or release a remix. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.