The Traitors (US) | S2 Premieres on Peacock Jan. 12th

Khamis

7 hours ago, stupidjock said:

For me as a queer person this was so hard to watch... Imagining that I'm there sitting while all these straight lip-fillered obnoxious people are dog pilling on me. I think I would just stand up and leave this **** 

Exactly. I think that’s why I got so emotional about. It felt like I could feel what she was going through. And also bc I just can’t stand all those self-important straight rich people ugh

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• feelslikeadream

• genetic fail

• Miles.

They totally singled out the trans person first. Trans black person because the white woman felt her expressions were exaggerated?!?! I was seething. 

Peppermint didn’t help herself by acting up like she was on drag race. You know everyone is playing a more subdued version of themselves, but Peppermint totally messed up being loud and proud. It’s a game and not real life. 

im loving this season though. Im so annoyed I can’t binge watch the rest of it right now 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

Parv is not queer. She’s dating a woman. There’s a difference but I don’t feel like having that in-depth debate lol it would be a lot to type

Um pretty sure her being in a same sex relationship would make her queer :rip: just because you don’t like her doesn’t negate her identity.

Also as if you called Sandra washed up. Technically, all these people are lol.

• Like 1

This is the first time I’m rooting for the traitors, at least this early on

I was also rooting for Alex in Aus 1 but she was recruited later on the season

This was a great selection of people even though Dan has been kinda disappointing so far. Granted these personalities are a lot stronger and not as easy to manipulate as the average BB player but still I was expecting more from him given his track record.

It is also great seeing Parv going full on black widow mode. And Phaedra is just good tv.

Regarding the Peppermint issue, she was terrible at defending herself and people get targeted for the dumbest reasons literally all the time in this game (during the first season of the UK version they targeted and banished a woman for not raising her glass like everyone else even though she was missing a hand), BUT Tr*shelle has a history of racism so **** her. I don’t even know why she was cast in the first place. I hope they off her soon.

9 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

This is the first time I’m rooting for the traitors, at least this early on

Hide contents

I was also rooting for Alex in Aus 1 but she was recruited later on the season

This was a great selection of people even though Dan has been kinda disappointing so far. Granted these personalities are a lot stronger and not as easy to manipulate as the average BB player but still I was expecting more from him given his track record.

It is also great seeing Parv going full on black widow mode. And Phaedra is just good tv.

Regarding the Peppermint issue, she was terrible at defending herself and people get targeted for the dumbest reasons literally all the time in this game (during the first season of the UK version they targeted and banished a woman for not raising her glass like everyone else even though she was missing a hand), BUT Tr*shelle has a history of racism so **** her. I don’t even know why she was cast in the first place. I hope they off her soon.

That doesn’t surprise me about Trishelle

GODsa Pippen eating. Not surprised!

I want Trishelles white ass GONE. I was absolutely seething when they sent my girl home ugh, glad that wrestler guy was crying with guilt after. It really does feel like she was low-key singled out for being trans. And when they ALL thought she was the less popular one during the challenge and that was the only choice they ALL got wrong?? Smhhh the disrespect, cis hets will always see us as outsiders

Loved seeing MJ and Larsa clock Dan’s tea tho. Of course the other idiots didn’t listen to the feminine intuition. Hope they get him out of there soon too. I’m rooting for Phaedra among the traitors

Edited by Orsay

My thing with the murder in plain sight was- how was Phaedra able to completely avoid involvement? :rip: That totally plays to her favor, Havarti is basically setting herself up to be the fall girl for the traitors by taking on the task of handing out the chalice and essentially (trying to) do Dan’s bidding. Also, I know Phaedra doesn’t want Sheree to get killed out of loyalty, but in a way it would actually play to her favor as well. All in all she’s in the best position out of the traitors for sure

ive never watched this show (or Survivor or the Challenge or Big Brother for that matter) but im very much perched for the next episode :duca: 

2 hours ago, Orsay said:

That totally plays to her favor, Havarti is basically setting herself up to be the fall girl for the traitors by taking on the task of handing out the chalice and essentially (trying to) do Dan’s bidding.

I'm confused about this, I wonder how this murder will play out with faithfuls because if they find out it was poison they really won't need much more to connect it to Parvati :rip:And with Sandra being on the lookout for her it looks bad. Phaendra is the only traitor safe for now

10 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

Um pretty sure her being in a same sex relationship would make her queer :rip: just because you don’t like her doesn’t negate her identity.

Also as if you called Sandra washed up. Technically, all these people are lol.

Yes they are all washed up. I singled out Sandra bc I love her and was disappointed with her. And I liked Parv too. But no she isn’t queer. But like I said, that’s a whole think piece debate

• Confused 1

Peppermint being first banished and 2nd out has me pissed the **** off :fish2: though she did kinda dig her own grave before the banishment, so... I guess it was easy for them to dogpile on her, but still.

Parvati and Sandra are literally my top 2 Survivor players so seeing them back on tv and together is a dream come true. Parv did kinda dig her own grave as well in ep3 and I'm afraid she'll get banished soon, but I hope I'm wrong. Sandra will probably make it far. Idk anyone else from the cast but Phaedra is great tv so I'm rooting for ha!

Edited by ainadalkaz

Peppermint elimination tore me and I'm honestly not surprised the black trans woman was the first to be mistrusted and rejected by a group of majority straight cis ppl.

On 1/15/2024 at 12:41 PM, Miles. said:

UK1 and AUS1 are still the two best seasons.  Definitely watch those.

AUS2 is also pretty good.  UK2 is airing now and has been good so far.

CAN1 was good but had a horrible ending.

Thank you!!!

so the Chalice thing just played out on the UK version, if anyone’s interested in a spoiler on how it plays out:

the person who was given the poisoned cup is not immediately murdered, they show up at the next breakfast and the host informs everyone that someone was poisoned the previous night and after today’s challenge that person will die. so it gives everyone a chance to speculate and recall who they interacted with. Parv might be toast bc she did it in front of so many people

:deadbanana2: 

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/14/2024 at 12:51 AM, OBEY said:

Just started this and WOW.

should I watch UK/AUSTRALIA too? which seasons ? was canada any good?

To echo the one response you got (with slight variation):

AUS1, AUS2, and UK1 are the best seasons. I def like the Australia seasons best. They both have AMAZING finals.

US1 is next in line. CAN1 is my least favorite season so far. I'd say it's still worth watching if you're really into the show's format, but the cast isn't nearly as entertaining as other seasons.

• ATRL Moderator

The other really sad thing about the Pep situation is that she said Trishelle should be worried about "not getting a Traitor out" and then someone jumped in like, "Wait, did you just call yourself a Traitor???" and Pep got all flustered....

But what she said was RIGHT! They would *not* get a Traitor out if they vote for Pep! "Not getting a Traitor out" = "getting a Faithful out"!!! But she clearly got confused when they all started coming for her and wasn't able to remember how she said it :gaycat7:

Then at the roundtable it was worded as, "You slipped and said, 'I'm a Traitor'" which is obviously not true :gaycat7: I agree that Pep could have defended herself better, but it was still painful seeing them dog pile on her for a miscommunication.

• ATRL Moderator

Peppermint's elimination was truly heartbreaking, and to see Trashelle just skate by the following episode as well with no repercussions was so frustrating. 

• ATRL Moderator

Phaedra is doing so good, I missed her on RHOA

The cast is so interesting. There are absolute LEGENDS like Parvati, Sandra, Dan, Janelle, Peppermint, Phaedra, Tamra, and Bananas. Then there are these random ass people like the girl from RHOM, The Bachelor, Love Island?? It's whiplash watching at times 

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

To echo the one response you got (with slight variation):

AUS1, AUS2, and UK1 are the best seasons. I def like the Australia seasons best. They both have AMAZING finals.

US1 is next in line. CAN1 is my least favorite season so far. I'd say it's still worth watching if you're really into the show's format, but the cast isn't nearly as entertaining as other seasons.

Starting AUS1 as I type this.

• Like 1

lmao Phaedra chewing up Parvati. This show is everything. 

Spoiler

I'm so happy Gummy Bear looking Larsa is gone. 

Edited by Mornings

• ATRL Moderator

Thank GOODNESS the person they banished left I could not stand them 

• ATRL Moderator

Phaedra’s eating 

Parvati obviously hadn’t watched RHOA, bc she wasn’t expecting Miss Southern Belle Phaedra to gag her like she did.

whack her again for me, Phae!!

Trishelle may have had a deeper problem with Peppermint, but in the first banishment when you have literally no information to go off of, the first name that gets thrown out is easy to bandwagon.

The whole argument for getting Geraldine banished first in season 1 was because she was shaking her leg and took a swig of water :rip:

I’m sure there were various microaggessions at play in the Peppermint/Trishelle squabble, but the characterization of the situation by some of you seems..off. It’s clear Peppermint wasn’t gelling with some of the cast for some reasons (of which, implicit bias could be one), and folks were looking for an easy target.

And to have someone complaining about the Peppermint situation but invalidating Parvati’s identity in the same post is…something

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.