Billboard updates LMU first 3 days sale: 27k -> 16k

Monster Queen

Just now, bijonse said:

Rihanna is a better singer than taylor is a songwriter though. 

britney however…

spacer.png

girl rihanna is NOT the vocalist yall truly think she is, voice cracks and shaky upper registers with her smoker's voice is not vocaels. she's a competent vocalist carried solely by the color and timbre of her voice, she's not an adele who has limited range but amazing control nor is she an ariana with a distinct color plus wide range, she's literally made her whole career with her tone and tone alone.

taylor has written all too well, enchanted, seven, no body no crime and wouldve couldve shouldve, no modern popgirl could write any of those.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ImsoLOUD

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m honestly excited for whenever Rihanna does decide to drop R9 and my favorite Rihanna Album is Talk That Talk :gaycat6: I just think people were expecting way too much from this soundtrack song that's below mid and with the payola and the sales along with Billboards rule change mid week she kind of does deserve the lashings. I do think Rihanna is a hit maker who has bops but I don't think she has any real artistic merit outside of being able to hand pick what will be a hit :cm:

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

The hype hasn’t died for Taylor in 16 years, you can keep waiting but it’s just not gonna happen. Her writing has only grown stronger and stronger, and with her vocals there was basically nowhere to go but up ( :rip: )

Skin is obviously not filler. And I love plenty of her album tracks like Mother Mary/Love Without Tragedy, Farewell, Cold Case Love; But Anti was her first album where almost every track felt essential. Loud has Fading and Complicated weighing it down, Talk That Talk is filler city (I love Cockiness tho) and I don’t even remember the songs from Una besides Pour It Up, Lov7777, Diamonds, Stay, What Now (blech), and Phresh Out the Runway. But these are all just my opinions.

However streaming numbers show Rihanna’s singles are her most popular songs with the GP, Taylor’s streams show she has fans of her singles and an equal amount of fans of her album tracks. We can use data to draw conclusions and that doesn’t mean our opinion has to line up with that data. 

I promise you I didn’t lose any taste. I’m open to every artist in pretty much every genre. And I’m not one to downplay other artists achievements. I know you see lots of arrogant or annoying Swifties but there’s just as many that are chill and enjoy the music and achievements of other artists. I’m just trying to get people to stop expending so much energy on Taylor if they dislike her music, and I try to get the annoying Swifties to stop doing the same. I think this past week I entered 3 or 4 threads about LMU and begged those Swifties who started them to move on and stop talking about it :rip: 

Ugh you actually do have some taste I’ll give you that I never wanted Talk That Talk to be an album 

6 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think a good reference point for Rih is Ariana. However Ariana was performing, Rih would’ve been doing similarly if not a little better imo. She had the frequent releases, a little lower sales but much higher streams than her peers, etc. Rih could’ve had a TUN in 2019 and she would’ve absolutely bested Billie Taylor and Ari for the biggest female album of the year, I really do believe that. :chick3: 

Are you trolling? or are you being serious? Because if it is the latter, I don't think we have anything else to discuss. :lakitu:

see this wouldve never happened had she given us a pon de replay type of bop :jonny5: a celebratory song of life doesnt have to be a mid ballad she needs sia's pen to get a ballad smash sadly!

21 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

For your mental health it's better to log off and stay away from ATRL because I see your meltdown everywhere :camping:

please stop using mental illness as a drag and making a mockery of it you dumb **** 

so it's now fraudulent and wrong for your fave to push their songs?

the same people who complain when their fave isn't doing/promoting enough and literally come up with alternate ideas for MV, replan their eras, etc

truly I've seen it all on this site

spacer.png

1 minute ago, ImsoLOUD said:

please stop using mental illness as a drag and making a mockery of it you dumb **** 

It’s not a drag, it’s a concern :giraffe:

7 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

and is this dying hype in the room with us?

she's been in the game since rihanna, and has never left for a billion dollar makeup empire for half a decade, continued making music and never faltered. rihanna for her 13 years active in the industry she's already underperformed twice with the start of rated r and the 2015 droplet era, whereas taylor never fell off. she's always been the #1 female the year she releases. 

taylor will still be standing by the time rihanna eventually leaves permanently simply because she's a musician first, brand second, the same can't be said for rihanna who is literally the most template popstar since katy and britney. writing camps. trendy music, hit singles, poor album reception.

per the marketing strategy employed by your fav that I just posted on another page, is the “musician first” in this room with us? 

once any of Taylor’s album beat ANTI on Spotify we can talk about poor reception 

10 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Same and they think they made points :bibliahh:

If only they gave this same level of energy to LMU, maybe it’d be debuting at #1 :rip:

19 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I mean Rihanna sold more pure albums outside of NA. But that doesn't matter. My point is the climate is different and Rih currently doesn't have the benefit of being an active musician in the streaming era. However, from what we can tell (ANTI currently charting almost 7 years later and GGGB's possible re-entry next week), Rih would probably be performing similarly to Taylor If she was releasing at the same rate. If not in America, then throughout Europe. :lakitu:

Actually she didn’t, Taylor sold 8.8M digital albums in China alone :dies: 

Edited by Squall

5 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

girl rihanna is NOT the vocalist yall truly think she is, voice cracks and shaky upper registers with her smoker's voice is not vocaels. she's a competent vocalist carried solely by the color and timbre of her voice, she's not an adele who has limited range but amazing control nor is she an ariana with a distinct color plus wide range, she's literally made her whole career with her tone and tone alone.

taylor has written all too well, enchanted, seven, no body no crime and wouldve couldve shouldve, no modern popgirl could write any of those.

Taylor’s songwriting is… good, her melodies are stronger than her lyrics i don’t get why y’all call her a lyricist LOL. Rihanna’s voice is a little above good! She hit up a vocal coach in the past 10 years or so because her voice at the beginning of her career was WEAK 

7 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Are you trolling? or are you being serious? Because if it is the latter, I don't think we have anything else to discuss. :lakitu:

Ariana racked up 4 #1 albums and 5? #1 singles in Rihanna’s absence. She also overtook her as the most streamed female artist on Spotify. If Rihanna had remained musically active, don’t you think she would’ve pulled greater streams than Ari, retained her position as Spotifys queen, and racked up #1 singles and albums at a similar rate? 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

so it's now fraudulent and wrong for your fave to push their songs?

the same people who complain when their fave isn't doing/promoting enough and literally come up with alternate ideas for MV, replan their eras, etc

truly I've seen it all on this site

spacer.png

Our fave did not submit fake numbers unlike your fave

rihanna has the latent vocal talent at least

taylor's voice is thin as paper and that's her at her best 

some people like white bread and that's completely fine

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

per the marketing strategy employed by your fav that I just posted on another page, is the “musician first” in this room with us? 

once any of Taylor’s album beat ANTI on Spotify we can talk about poor reception 

Rihanna does not even have an AOTY grammy, Taylor has 3. 

Taylor never reported fake numbers, your fave did

1 minute ago, Harry said:

rihanna has the latent vocal talent at least

taylor's voice is thin as paper and that's her at her best 

some people like white bread and that's completely fine

spacer.png

Still, Rihanna is a fraud

2 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

It’s not a drag, it’s a concern :giraffe:

You’re mocking me. And implying my mental health is not well because you don’t like the way I am addressing your fav. 

Even if I were mentally unwell, what would telling me to log off accomplish?  Then what? Any actual resources? Do you see why no one would take moral lessons from a person like you? 

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Ariana racked up 4 #1 albums and 5? #1 singles in Rihanna’s absence. She also overtook her as the most streamed female artist on Spotify. If Rihanna had remained musically active, don’t you think she would’ve pulled greater streams than Ari, retained her position as Spotifys queen, and racked up #1 singles and albums at a similar rate? 

Yes, but Rihanna also has a classic catalog of hits that have kept her competitive in the streaming era while on a 6.5 year album hiatus. Imagine how that catalog of hits (and their associated parent albums) would've performed with proper boosts from Tik Tok and multiple releases. Comparing her to Ariana is disingenuous based on their overall stature. That's my point. :lakitu:

Just now, foreverwinter13 said:

Our fave did not submit fake numbers unlike your fave

there were some confusions and they owned up to it and fixed it

but BB didn't check before posting? that's more wild to me in this case

1 minute ago, Harry said:

there were some confusions and they owned up to it and fixed it

but BB didn't check before posting? that's more wild to me in this case

And Navys called  our fanbase crazy for questioning that 27k sales? :monkey:

but We were right, Rihanna is pulling a Beyonce ala Tidal. 

Don't know why she needs to do this , a top 5 peak without doing any fraud or payola is cute :giraffe:

2 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Yes, but Rihanna also has a classic catalog of hits that have kept her competitive in the streaming era while on a 6.5 year album hiatus. Imagine how that catalog of hits (and their associated parent albums) would've performed with proper boosts from Tik Tok and multiple releases. Comparing her to Ariana is disingenuous based on their overall stature. That's my point. :lakitu:

Fair enough, I didn’t mean to sound like I was downgrading Rihanna at alllll. Disturbia would pull 3M every Halloween if her catalog was on Tiktok I fear :jonny: The modern Thriller. 

Side note but for fairness sake..

@foreverwinter13 you have made your point, you’re fighting a losing battle. No point going back and forth about this in all these different threads. Let it go :rip: 

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

You’re mocking me. And implying my mental health is not well because you don’t like the way I am addressing your fav. 

Even if I were mentally unwell, what would telling me to log off accomplish?  Then what? Any actual resources? Do you see why no one would take moral lessons from a person like you? 

So now suggesting people to stay away from things that will give more harm to themselves now an offensive. :gaycat7: