• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ImsoLOUD

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Taylor clearly cares about her musical legacy and stats. After Lover underperformed, she came out with a new album barely a year later, and has been feeding her fans consistently + pulling out all the tricks to make sure her music is successful. All that effort revived her catalog and she's been keeping the momentum going by being active. Rih has already said she feel like she has accomplished all she desires musically. I doubt she's going to have the drive do what Taylor has done.:dancehall3:

Girl, don't worry too much. Rihanna probably has an amazing song saved for her lead single. The song is bad but it's not going to harm her career at all. It's not her lead single, after all

Mess. And we know Rihanna's heart isn't in the music anymore unfortunately. Watch her delay R9 again because of the mess this song got nnn 

Did people return the "alternate cover" versions? :swan:

16 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Wait I don’t understand how this is “embarrassing” for Rihanna? Is this not Billboard’s mistake? 

Well, since the original number and updated number are not similar in any dimension so I don't think this is a typo. So it either be miscommunication, or as some people here assumed, Rihanna's team/label/Disney reported fraud sales, and Billboard figured it out when they sat down to check and filter the number after the tracking week end. Both could be possible. Billboard has made mistake a few times but I don't think they will mess up such an important mid-week report so it's still suspicious. Hope they can explain this later.

This is going to be a mess.

wow bethenney wow

giphy.gif

Whatever exec heard this song and decided to give it one of the biggest promo pushes of all time definitely needs to be fired though 

This is extremely embarrassing for everyone involved: Rih for clowning and putting out several different versions for sale and barely selling any, Disney for the unprecedented radio payola for a song that was OUT on streaming services, and Billboard for the typo. Even Taylor catches some strays for being threatened and putting out an instrumental version :bibliahh:

the biggest L is definitely Rih’s though :deadvision: But I’m sure her actual lead will be a quality smash :1stplace:

49 minutes ago, Konril said:

The 11k Wakandan sales didn't count after all.

ZBRTA9j.gif

spacer.png

The backfire of trying to sell an awful song by paying a big name to sing it. 

a lipstick’d pig is still a pig

Maybe the rumor about her team mass-buying the song was true so they removed these sales :deadvision: anyway this is a hot mess, she should've never ever released that horrid song, it's only damaging her actual comeback and the movie isn't even worth it tbh. **** Disney :redface:

:redface: the fact that this emoji right here sums up everyone's feeling during the past week :redface:

8 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Maybe the rumor about her team mass-buying the song was true so they removed these sales :deadvision: anyway this is a hot mess, she should've never ever released that horrid song, it's only damaging her actual comeback and the movie isn't even worth it tbh. **** Disney :redface:

:chick2:

:redface:

FRAUD ASS LMAO seems like itunes should introduce a feature where people can ask for a refund if they dont like the song and delete it from their library 

So I'm assuming her team thought they had a chance of going #1 and then released all those versions + youtube wakanda videos and now they actually never had the chance? 

1 hour ago, RihFenty20 said:

At all, I don't know what she or her team were thinking. If this was for the Oscar, and she still ends up losing :rip:. And even if she wins, was it really worth it? She could've easily had a smash doing 10+ mill daily and legit sales. Instead she wastes all this hype on this snooze fest (beautiful song tho). I worried that she may have lost her touch after being away for so long because this is not shaping out to be a good decision. :deadbanana2:

She's going to have to start working her way back by releasing bops consistently but I don't see that happening. This truly may be the beginning of the end of her musical relevance.:dancehall3:

The dramatics nnnn :redface: Rih is one the biggest names in the game, she'll be just fine, all she has to do now is wait a few months and then release R9's lead single which will be a massive success :foxaylove3:

39 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

This honestly seems like some sort of Billboard/Luminate mistake more than any issue with Rihanna’s team or Disney. Billboard can get a little confused sometimes. 

I don't think so, Rihanna's team should have had the same number as Billboard, that's why they released multiples versions and videos. 

There's no way they have made such an effort after "only" 16k in 3 days.

It's fine, is a top 3 still possible though?

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

The High By The Beachification

The way I still have stan ptsd from that 

Twitter navy attacking the journalist that wrote the article claiming he's a Taylor stan erasing her sales :redface: As if he has any control over the charts to begin with :redface: