• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ImsoLOUD

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Her getting more streams on songs does not reflect anything besides the politics/benefits of being the most bland/safe/wonderbread artist of all the MPG’s. Just like you won’t give Rihanna a leg up for having more #1 songs (that have multiple weeks at #1, no payola/campaigns), the numbers alone do not solely dictate what is considered classic. 

You can call her bland and wonderbread all you want but that doesn’t take away the fact that millions upon millions of people buy her albums, stream her songs, and pay to see her in stadiums and arenas across the globe. :dies: I literally couldn’t care less that you think she’s the human embodiment of vanilla mayonnaise blended with chalk. Just like you couldn’t care about the rest of us who actually enjoy her lyricism. Y’all always wanna cite her basic pop singles as the examples of her blandness but never actually take the time to analyze her superior album tracks. As a fan of Rihanna, most of her albums are littered with filler outside of the singles. As a fan of Taylor, the strongest tracks are the non singles. They’re doing different things with careers and it’s paying off for both of them. I’m not here to “not give Rihanna a leg up,” she’s absolutely the biggest hitmaker of their generation. I’m just here to give both ladies their props for succeeding for so well and so long. 

4 hours ago, dylanx said:

pls, if Taylor survived ME!, Rihanna can survive Lift Me Up :dies: she'll be back to making bops and everyone will forget this mess ever happened, sad for Chadwick Boseman though that his name is associated with this travesty

Me! Did not do fraudelent numbers. It had big chart points! 

2 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

And this is what gets me :bibliahh: literally not one other MPG has gone to the level of desperate tactics. Swifties having the audacity to act like their fav just Beyoncé - surprise drops her content and walks away. As if she doesn’t have to ***** herself out for sales/a multi week #1’s. People stan her stats, not her voice, and use her songwriting as a prop because there is nothing else to discuss. 

You are so mad that we actually like the music our favorite artist gives us. You’re not interested in actually having that discussion though. Do you know the first thing I loved about Taylor? Her voice. It was earnest and innocent and vulnerable. Emotion seeped through in a way I didn’t get from artists like Beyonce or Gaga around 2007. They’re obviously stronger vocalists, but none of their music made me FEEL anything the way Taylor’s voice did when I heard Last Kiss or Safe & Sound, two songs you probably don’t even know.

So quit speaking on things you don’t know about. Most of us have been around for over a decade, when Speak Now was just a shadow in the light of Loud, Teenage Dream, and Born This Way. We’ve always been here for her, buying her music and seeing her live. Jesus ******* Christ just let people enjoy the music from their favorite artists and get off your ******* high horse. It’s just music and you’re always so bitter towards her over NOTHING :dies: 

Not the Navy lashing out because Billboard reported fake sales that didn't make any sense :redface:

Rihanna is a great brand/product i will give her that, a musician she is not. 

8 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

And this is what gets me :bibliahh: literally not one other MPG has gone to the level of desperate tactics. Swifties having the audacity to act like their fav just Beyoncé - surprise drops her content and walks away. As if she doesn’t have to ***** herself out for sales/a multi week #1’s. People stan her stats, not her voice, and use her songwriting as a prop because there is nothing else to discuss. 

Why are you melting down about Taylor in a thread about rihanna's fraudulent sales being corrected :rip:

Time to log off maybe?

6 minutes ago, Squall said:

Not Taylor being the « most bland and safest » MPG when Rihanna has never taken any risk in her entire career unlike Taylor, please be serious :skull: 

Blonde haired blue eyed America would have dropped little guitar dork Taylor in a heartbeat had she ever sung about sex a la Rude Boy. 

Russian Roulette/Rated R from the artwork to the song(s) were risky. Coming back from that era (LOUD) was a risk. Releasing previously-banned S&M music video, was a risk. Collaborating with her abuser 3 times in one year was a risk. ANTI in itself was a risk. Dropping an album each year was a risk. 

Swift takes no risks fashion wise or musically. Rihanna is literally the Queen of the MET Gala for the risks she takes in style.  Swift has no moments that shook pop culture/challenged public perception a la Beyoncé Formation at the Super Bowl or Lady GaGa Born This away era. 

For phuck sake I don't think Billboard's initial report was a typo, you do not typo 27K and 16K + the article needs to pass proofread and double check before publishing. There's something shady happened behind the scene and to sum up someone is lying about LMU pure sales :ahh:

2 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Blonde haired blue eyed America would have dropped little guitar dork Taylor in a heartbeat had she ever sung about sex a la Rude Boy. 

Russian Roulette/Rated R from the artwork to the song(s) were risky. Coming back from that era (LOUD) was a risk. Releasing previously-banned S&M music video, was a risk. Collaborating with her abuser 3 times in one year was a risk. ANTI in itself was a risk. Dropping an album each year was a risk. 

Swift takes no risks fashion wise or musically. Rihanna is literally the Queen of the MET Gala for the risks she takes in style.  Swift has no moments that shook pop culture/challenged public perception a la Beyoncé Formation at the Super Bowl or Lady GaGa Born This away era. 

For your mental health it's better to log off and stay away from ATRL because I see your meltdown everywhere :camping:

1 minute ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Russian Roulette was the only little risky she took and she had Rude Boy to save her right after. Not sex being a risk :ahh: as if there weren’t tons of artists being successful selling sex :skull:  Gaga was way more controversial than Rihanna ever was and she was huge :dies: 

Do you actually know what a risk is? Ditching your country audience while selling millions of albums in order to follow the pop route despite it being seen as less « serious » and the pop audience being more volatile, especially when it comes to buying an album (see all these one hit wonders for example) was one, for example :dies: 

5 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Be on Topic. 

LMU is still a Fraud.

34 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I mean, Taylor has always charted 3 to 4 if not 5 albums even before she was on streaming. At least in America, Canada, and Australia. Her pure sales were always leagues above her peers and her fans were always purchasing her singles. But you’re absolutely right, we’ll have a full picture of Rihanna’s comparability to Taylor once we get R9 and she lets her music onto TikTok! 

I mean Rihanna sold more pure albums outside of NA. But that doesn't matter. My point is the climate is different and Rih currently doesn't have the benefit of being an active musician in the streaming era. However, from what we can tell (ANTI currently charting almost 7 years later and GGGB's possible re-entry next week), Rih would probably be performing similarly to Taylor If she was releasing at the same rate. If not in America, then throughout Europe. :lakitu:

15 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

she’s the human embodiment of vanilla mayonnaise blended with chalk

My thoughts exactly. And soon to be the growing sentiment to the public once the hype dies down. 

Nonetheless, I stopped reading after “I’m a RihAnNa fAN” you couldn’t be one saying that songs like Cold Case Love, Fire Bomb, Higher, Do Ya Thang, Skin, Lemme Get That, Sex With Me are filler yet stanning Anti Hero which couldn’t even touch the best pop song of 2022. 

I don’t respect the politics behind Taylor Swift’s career. I don’t care about the millions, much like the Swiftie’s don’t respect anyone else’s accomplishments. And I don’t expect anyone to lose sleep over it. It sounds like you used to have taste but you lost it.  What happened to you? 

1 minute ago, RihFenty20 said:

I mean Rihanna sold more pure albums outside of NA. But that doesn't matter. My point is the climate is different and Rih currently doesn't have the benefit of being an active musician in the streaming era. However, from what we can tell (ANTI currently charting almost 7 years later and GGGB's possible re-entry next week), Rih would probably be performing similarly to Taylor If she was releasing at the same rate. If not in America, then throughout Europe. :lakitu:

I think a good reference point for Rih is Ariana. However Ariana was performing, Rih would’ve been doing similarly if not a little better imo. She had the frequent releases, a little lower sales but much higher streams than her peers, etc. Rih could’ve had a TUN in 2019 and she would’ve absolutely bested Billie Taylor and Ari for the biggest female album of the year, I really do believe that. :chick3: 

the meltdown over taylor on a rihanna thread. life mid up is mid whatever happens to it rihanna will remain a powerhouse she's gonna release a bop as a lead and smash again.

2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Screaming at the meltdowns 

Same and they think they made points :bibliahh:

27 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

You are so mad that we actually like the music our favorite artist gives us. You’re not interested in actually having that discussion though. Do you know the first thing I loved about Taylor? Her voice. It was earnest and innocent and vulnerable. Emotion seeped through in a way I didn’t get from artists like Beyonce or Gaga around 2007. They’re obviously stronger vocalists, but none of their music made me FEEL anything the way Taylor’s voice did when I heard Last Kiss or Safe & Sound, two songs you probably don’t even know.

So quit speaking on things you don’t know about. Most of us have been around for over a decade, when Speak Now was just a shadow in the light of Loud, Teenage Dream, and Born This Way. We’ve always been here for her, buying her music and seeing her live. Jesus ******* Christ just let people enjoy the music from their favorite artists and get off your ******* high horse. It’s just music and you’re always so bitter towards her over NOTHING :dies: 

Girl please I said the exact same thing in the Lift Me Up thread about my fav. I can’t even go in that thread to appreciate her vocals without seeing a Swiftduster reporting that her radio numbers are dropping etc, unprovoked. There are more Swifties than Navy’s in Rihanna threads. Nobody asked you guys **** but that hasn’t stopped anything. Rihanna has been the most streamed female on Spotify, the Navy never once bothered TS/her fans. Can’t keep throwing stones and hiding the hand. The Swifties have been blatantly honest about how they feel about Rihanna lately, the Navy can do the same. Numbers be damned. 

Edited by ImsoLOUD

1 minute ago, ImsoLOUD said:

My thoughts exactly. And soon to be the growing sentiment to the public once the hype dies down. 

Nonetheless, I stopped reading after “I’m a RihAnNa fAN” you couldn’t be one saying that songs like Cold Case Love, Fire Bomb, Higher, Do Ya Thang, Skin, Lemme Get That, Sex With Me are filler yet stanning Anti Hero which couldn’t even touch the best pop song of 2022. 

I don’t respect the politics behind Taylor Swift’s career. I don’t care about the millions, much like the Swiftie’s don’t respect anyone else’s accomplishments. And I don’t expect anyone to lose sleep over it. It sounds like you used to have taste but you lost it.  What happened to you? 

The hype hasn’t died for Taylor in 16 years, you can keep waiting but it’s just not gonna happen. Her writing has only grown stronger and stronger, and with her vocals there was basically nowhere to go but up ( :rip: )

Skin is obviously not filler. And I love plenty of her album tracks like Mother Mary/Love Without Tragedy, Farewell, Cold Case Love; But Anti was her first album where almost every track felt essential. Loud has Fading and Complicated weighing it down, Talk That Talk is filler city (I love Cockiness tho) and I don’t even remember the songs from Una besides Pour It Up, Lov7777, Diamonds, Stay, What Now (blech), and Phresh Out the Runway. But these are all just my opinions.

However streaming numbers show Rihanna’s singles are her most popular songs with the GP, Taylor’s streams show she has fans of her singles and an equal amount of fans of her album tracks. We can use data to draw conclusions and that doesn’t mean our opinion has to line up with that data. 

I promise you I didn’t lose any taste. I’m open to every artist in pretty much every genre. And I’m not one to downplay other artists achievements. I know you see lots of arrogant or annoying Swifties but there’s just as many that are chill and enjoy the music and achievements of other artists. I’m just trying to get people to stop expending so much energy on Taylor if they dislike her music, and I try to get the annoying Swifties to stop doing the same. I think this past week I entered 3 or 4 threads about LMU and begged those Swifties who started them to move on and stop talking about it :rip: 

2 hours ago, lestat111 said:

I seriuosly cant understand how you people compare Rihanna, celebrity with 0 ZERO music drive/talent, to real songwriter Taylor Swift. And I dont like Taylor, but people like Rihanna, Britney and other talentless celebrities are not IT anymore.

Rihanna is a better singer than taylor is a songwriter though. 

britney however…

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

and is this dying hype in the room with us?

she's been in the game since rihanna, and has never left for a billion dollar makeup empire for half a decade, continued making music and never faltered. rihanna for her 13 years active in the industry she's already underperformed twice with the start of rated r and the 2015 droplet era, whereas taylor never fell off. she's always been the #1 female the year she releases. 

taylor will still be standing by the time rihanna eventually leaves permanently simply because she's a musician first, brand second, the same can't be said for rihanna who is literally the most template popstar since katy and britney. writing camps. trendy music, hit singles, poor album reception.