Billboard updates LMU first 3 days sale: 27k -> 16k

Monster Queen

I just need this whole rollout to be over and for her to go into hiding until R9 lead single is ready to be released :jonny2:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ImsoLOUD

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

the sales were the only thing giving her a chance to challenge for #1 now even that has been taken away

oh yeah the #1 is definitely not happening :deadbanana4:

53 minutes ago, Squall said:

Anyone who follows charts KNEW there was something off :dies: 

@Greenfollows chart and they swore the numbers were real because Britney and Elton song sold 48k :gaycat6:

But yeah anyone thats not delulu could tell those numbers didnt add up at all lol

42 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

I seriuosly cant understand how you people compare Rihanna, celebrity with 0 ZERO music drive/talent, to real songwriter Taylor Swift. And I dont like Taylor, but people like Rihanna, Britney and other talentless celebrities are not IT anymore.

Rihanna/her team make better music than Taylor Swift alone or with collaborators 

45 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

I seriuosly cant understand how you people compare Rihanna, celebrity with 0 ZERO music drive/talent, to real songwriter Taylor Swift. And I dont like Taylor, but people like Rihanna, Britney and other talentless celebrities are not IT anymore.

Some of us love Rihanna’s voice/find Taylor’s songwriting/voice to be abysmal.

Edited by ImsoLOUD

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

Rihanna/her team make better music than Taylor Swift alone or with collaborators 

?

2 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Sure :rip:

3 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

Taylor clearly cares about her musical legacy and stats. After Lover underperformed, she came out with a new album barely a year later, and has been feeding her fans consistently + pulling out all the tricks to make sure her music is successful. All that effort revived her catalog and she's been keeping the momentum going by being active. Rih has already said she feel like she has accomplished all she desires musically. I doubt she's going to have the drive do what Taylor has done.:dancehall3:

Agree with all this. But i think Rin still got some smash hits left in her. Just need the right song. 

Just dont expect her to release a body of work as good as Anti.

33 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

@Greenfollows chart and they swore the numbers were real because Britney and Elton song sold 48k :gaycat6:

But yeah anyone thats not delulu could tell those numbers didnt add up at all lol

What's so weird about that? Sometimes sales are higher than expected :michael:

Predictors were expecting 38k for Hold me closer and then it did 48k according to Billboard.

That doesn't mean "I'm delulu" for trusting Billboard numbers when they are the official source and they were the ones saying Rihanna sold 27k.

People where just cautious with the sales especially the chart predictors because the figures don't line up with the song's trajectory.

They were right before with High By The Beach you know.

At least they course corrected before the official charts were shown.

ZBRTA9j.gif

1 hour ago, lestat111 said:

talent is not something we should delve too much between the 2, they are known for their personal brand not musical talent. taylor's songwriting is nothing to write home about. she needs one whole song to send the same message others can deliver in 2 lines.

in the end Rihanna has actual classics which will make her continuously relevant while taylor does not

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

talent is not something we should delve too much between the 2, they are known for their personal brand not musical talent. taylor's songwriting is nothing to write home about. she needs one whole song to send the same message others can deliver in 2 lines.

in the end Rihanna has actual classics which will make her continuously relevant while taylor does not

Not to downplay Rihanna’s relevance. Her hits will obviously keep her name in the public lexicon forever. But Taylor has literal ALBUM tracks that get more daily streams than a lot of Rihanna’s biggest singles. Songs like August and Don’t Blame Me aren’t classics or “”known by the GP”” and yet she’s still keeping pace if not outpacing Rihanna. They’re both huge for different reasons. Taylor has a classic catalogue, and that’s why she charts 7-8 albums on the BB200 and 5 or 6 in most other countries on a weekly basis. No need to downplay either of these women and their accomplishments.

17 minutes ago, Konril said:

People where just cautious with the sales especially the chart predictors because the figures don't line up with the song's trajectory.

They were right before with High By The Beach you know.

At least they course corrected before the official charts were shown.

ZBRTA9j.gif

Everyone that follows and familiar with charts predictions know something was wrong with initial report. Some people just in denial at this point

WXT3.gif

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Not to downplay Rihanna’s relevance. Her hits will obviously keep her name in the public lexicon forever. But Taylor has literal ALBUM tracks that get more daily streams than a lot of Rihanna’s biggest singles. Songs like August and Don’t Blame Me aren’t classics or “”known by the GP”” and yet she’s still keeping pace if not outpacing Rihanna. They’re both huge for different reasons. Taylor has a classic catalogue, and that’s why she charts 7-8 albums on the BB200 and 5 or 6 in most other countries on a weekly basis. No need to downplay either of these women and their accomplishments.

I totally agree with you.

Let's save the bloodbath for Monday. 

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

One does not simply come for Taylor her relevancy especially when she repeaks for third time:ahh:

9 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I don't think this is a fair comparison. A lot of Taylor's success also comes from tik tok and Rih's music hasn't been released there yet. :lakitu:

Edited by RihFenty20

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

This post being full of LIES, OTH are really professional liars :dies: 

3 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I don't think this is a fair comparison. A lot of Taylor's success also comes from tik tok and Rih's music hasn't been released there yet. :lakitu:

I mean, Taylor has always charted 3 to 4 if not 5 albums even before she was on streaming. At least in America, Canada, and Australia. Her pure sales were always leagues above her peers and her fans were always purchasing her singles. But you’re absolutely right, we’ll have a full picture of Rihanna’s comparability to Taylor once we get R9 and she lets her music onto TikTok! 

16 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Her getting more streams on songs does not reflect anything besides the politics/benefits of being the most bland/safe/wonderbread artist of all the MPG’s. Just like you won’t give Rihanna a leg up for having more #1 songs (that have multiple weeks at #1, no payola/campaigns), the numbers alone do not solely dictate what is considered classic. 

9 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I mean, Taylor has always charted 3 to 4 if not 5 albums even before she was on streaming. At least in America, Canada, and Australia. Her pure sales were always leagues above her peers and her fans were always purchasing her singles. But you’re absolutely right, we’ll have a full picture of Rihanna’s comparability to Taylor once we get R9 and she lets her music onto TikTok! 

Can’t wait for them to face a reality check indeed :clap3:

Just now, ImsoLOUD said:

Her getting more streams on songs does not reflect anything besides the politics/benefits of being the most bland/safe/wonderbread artist of all the MPG’s. Just like you won’t give Rihanna a leg up for having more #1 songs (that have multiple weeks at #1, no payola/campaigns), the numbers alone do not solely dictate what is considered classic. 

Not Taylor being the « most bland and safest » MPG when Rihanna has never taken any risk in her entire career unlike Taylor, please be serious :skull: 

Are you with me panthers? 

To "defy" her usual routine of incorporating Easter eggs to hint at information,[86] Swift released a video series on TikTok called Midnights Mayhem with Me, consisting of thirteen episodes between September 21 and October 7, 2022.[87] She unveiled the track-list in a randomized order in the series, one song per episode, in front of a curtain backdrop, accompanied by an elevator music tune.[86] A lottery cage containing 13 ping pong balls numbered from one to thirteen,[88] each representing a track of the album, was rolled, and when a ball drops out, Swift disclosed the title of the corresponding track on the album, through a telephone. The first episode revealed the thirteenth track "Mastermind",[89] and the final episode revealed "Snow on the Beach" and its Del Rey feature.[87]

Some lyrics from Midnights were displayed on Spotify's billboards across the world in the days leading up to the album's launch, starting with Times Square on October 17.[90] Swift also posted an itinerary, entitled Midnights Manifest, detailing the promotional events scheduled for the album.[91] She appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on October 24,[92]followed by The Graham Norton Show on October 28.[93] An iHeartRadio program called Midnights with Taylor, featuring commentary from Swift, ran on its pop stations from October 21 to 26, during which the album received airplay.[94]

And this is what gets me :bibliahh: literally not one other MPG has gone to the level of desperate tactics. Swifties having the audacity to act like their fav just Beyoncé - surprise drops her content and walks away. As if she doesn’t have to ***** herself out for sales/a multi week #1’s. People stan her stats, not her voice, and use her songwriting as a prop because there is nothing else to discuss.