Taylor aiming for entire top 10

gerardsuxx

2 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

These stories aren’t big anymore because no one cares. 

Yeah because everyone was talking about Janet breaking the record back then :gaycat7:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Cruel Summer

• Green

• fridayteenage

4 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Ew. Just further proof how messed up the chart system is :monkey:

1 hour ago, sugarysunflower said:

1) Billboard need to adjust their system, diminishing achievements of the past for a week’s run. (Similar to Drake’s drops)

2) Janet achieved seven TOP FIVE hits from the same album, not just top 10.

3) These are chart entries, not “hits”. Most of them will fall out soon. 

4) Janet’s Hot 100 RN singles were all separately and independently run across 18 months which is more impressive. 

5) Rhythm Nation LP also went number one on the 1990 year end. Who knows yet where Midnight will sit. 

Rhythm Nation’s achievements and records are not being diminished at all. 

OMG, seriously all so true! I think we should all protest outside of Billboard HQ to make our voices heard on this momentous issue. Who’s with me?

1 hour ago, sugarysunflower said:

1) Billboard need to adjust their system, diminishing achievements of the past for a week’s run. (Similar to Drake’s drops)

2) Janet achieved seven TOP FIVE hits from the same album, not just top 10.

3) These are chart entries, not “hits”. Most of them will fall out soon. 

4) Janet’s Hot 100 RN singles were all separately and independently run across 18 months which is more impressive. 

5) Rhythm Nation LP also went number one on the 1990 year end. Who knows yet where Midnight will sit. 

Rhythm Nation’s achievements and records are not being diminished at all. 

I agree. The two things are different, as per your five points. But even if we want to simply look at it from a "top 10 songs from a single album" perspective, they can't be compared if we add contest to it - as it should be right to do. Janet's record belong to a total different age of music and charts. At the time, there was no chance to have album tracks charting on release week and there is no way to know if Janet's or any other's album could achieve a similar record (or even huger ones). 

With this said, kudos to Taylor because no one was able to achieve it prior to her!

Edited by SimSim

3 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Yep. That’s why this doesn’t bother me. It’s impossible to equate them and doesn’t diminish Janet’s achievement at all.

:clap3:

Pointless chart achievement when no doubt all but 1 or 2 will plummet next week and will be forgotten within 6 months and never remembered as top 10 hits.

poor janet not that she has much legacy to begin with and now all her records are snatched by quick lil album bombs

Swiftest focus your attention on streaming question ?

taylor and label release a cute like dance. Remix to the song.

we need top 10 occupied by Taylor only.

This would be a mega achie:clap3:vement 

3 hours ago, Lazuli said:

What an arbitrary record :skull:

it's also braindead bc if taylor has the top 4 spots at the very least, then you could just cut SOTB and she still has top 3. 

Ugh, if I was in the U.S. I wouldn't be too pleased to stream "Question...?" lol. 

Unholy better make some space tho. :foxaylove2:

2 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

And exactly what song of Taylor's will be remembered in 10 or 20 years? Shake it up? :toofunny3:

What Janet song is remembered now?:toofunny3: Ask a 20 year old and they couldn’t name a single one

2 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

And exactly what song of Taylor's will be remembered in 10 or 20 years? Shake it up? :toofunny3:

Probably her songs from over 10 years ago still being streamed today or played in stores like LS or YBWM

Kim Petra stopping Taylor from having the whole top 10. A year ago if you told me that I wouldn't believe it  :skull:

The system nowadays makes big artists debut their album in the single chart while it’s impossible to do so in the previous days. Good for Taylor having this power but yeah, she doesn’t have enough top 10 hits compared to Janet or Madonna. She’s got more entries but all will disappear in a short period of time. She’s done it with Mine back in 2013 (around that time), so she’s powerful to begin with.

And guys times are different. Back then only official singles were allowed to chart on the Hot 100

Janet even had another radio hit from Rhythmic Nation (State of the World) that peaked at #5 on radio but it couldn't chart because it wasn't an official single

Drake has been destroying the Hot 100 for years with top 10s that free fall a week later and he broke Madonna's top 10 record thanks to that so it's nothing new. That doesn't mean those one week top 10s were more popular overall.

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Billboard likes considering The Complete Confection a different era, despite now combining every version of everything, including remix album Club Future Nostalgia into the separately-released parent album. All that to avoid admitting Katy broke MJ's record with Part of Me. :matty:

its so childish lol. Thats literally Katys records. Since when are deluxe songs not part of the era :rip: Thats like saying Super Bass isnt a top 3 hit off of pink friday lol

2 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Like..what is the point comparing a Janet record from 30 years ago, when rules were Totally different

to now, when u can chart an entire album in the Top10 :deadbanana2:

Comparing old and new records is pointless and misleading :deadbanana2:

This. It's pointless to compare this type of records

Both Janet and Taylor smashed in different times and it's hard to compare

At least we can be confident that Snow on the Beach won't be High By The Beach'd.

ZBRTA9j.gif

32 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

its so childish lol. Thats literally Katys records. Since when are deluxe songs not part of the era :rip: Thats like saying Super Bass isnt a top 3 hit off of pink friday lol

They changed the rules in 2012 when she released Part of Me to avoid Katy to break MJ's record

Even when they had considered Take a bow and Disturbia to be part of the same album (good girl gone bad) for years  :dies:

18 minutes ago, Green said:

They changed the rules in 2012 when she released Part of Me to avoid Katy to break MJ's record

Even when they had considered Take a bow and Disturbia to be part of the same album (good girl gone bad) for years  :dies:

Such cowards :rip:

She needs to release the music video for Bejeweled tomorrow.

Actually Taylor’s achievement is more impressive. Only based on demand.

It is easier to manipulate radio in 80s than receive GP support so huge that you can occupy all spots in top10.

And for the ones who say that Taylor’s songs won’t be remembered, do Janet’s 8 top10 remembered? :giraffe:

Edited by bringdanoize

3 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Oh hell no 

@Headlock it was nice while it lasted but now I'm back at being OTH 

It was fun while it lasted :ghostface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.