Taylor aiming for entire top 10

gerardsuxx

8 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Female artist with the most top 10s (40)

Ties Drake as the artist with the most #2 singles (7)

That made be think of the most #2 debuts. Does she claim that or would she tie/claim the title?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Cruel Summer

• Green

• fridayteenage

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Does radio really care if its included in the Hot 100 or not?

For the artists it's promo either way

They care because the labels will pay for airtime as well as send their artists for interviews and festivals. If they lose their leverage, none of these artists would care to do anything for them - which means less consumers and less advertising. 

1 minute ago, infrared said:

They care because the labels will pay for airtime as well as send their artists for interviews and festivals. If they lose their leverage, none of these artists would care to do anything for them - which means less consumers and less advertising. 

I dont agree with you. Airplay does a lot of positives for artists and labels. It counting for the Hot 100 is really pretty low on that list. 

But maybe the people that matter agree with you

42 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

What records would the entire top 10 bring Taylor?

having the entire top 5 songs? 

the entire top 10 songs?

Most top 10 hits from 1 album?

most top 10 debuts in 1 week?

most top 10 debuts from 1 album?

What else??

7 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Female artist with the most top 10s (40)

Ties Drake as the artist with the most #2 singles (7)

Also she’d pass Rihanna for fourth most top five singles among women; tie Ariana for most #1 debuts among women (second overall); increase her lead as the woman with the most top ten debuts (second overall).

Getting the whole top ten at once would lead to a gigantic pile of records being broken, it seems. And some of them are, technically, unbreakable - nobody can ever be the first with the whole top ten again if she does it this week.

3 hours ago, infrared said:

Radio is a big part of the industry that generates money - if Billboards cuts their legs, they’ll be starting a war. Radio isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

not to mention that it gives songs stability. i doubt many songs would get to 20 weeks on the chart without radio. it definitely needs to be weighed less in the formula though.

i'm hoping she gets the entire top 13, that would be so cool to see

Final predictions (First Class and She Likes It out, In a Minute on the fence): 

Edited by pride4jc1222

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Final predictions (First Class and She Likes It out, In a Minute on the fence): 

Oh wow so without Taylor Shakira would have a Top 50 debut.

Isn’t it amazing for an artist from 90s with a Spanish song and literally zero promo, Interview like nothing at all?

Other final predictions: 

Here is the average of all the predictions: 

On 10/29/2022 at 5:44 PM, Cruel Summer said:

I heard that Bigger Than The Whole Sky is finding a niche among women who have experienced miscarriages

Did this show up in your What's Happening section on Twitter?

13 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Did this show up in your What's Happening section on Twitter?

Actually, I think it was like, a Reddit thread or something? I can’t actually remember where exactly I read it now, unfortunately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.