Taylor aiming for entire top 10

gerardsuxx

Looks like consensus is building among predictors that she got it. It’ll be so exciting - a truly historic moment in Hot 100 history, the first time it’s ever been done. There’s just nobody like her.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Cruel Summer

• Green

• fridayteenage

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Looks like consensus is building among predictors that she got it. It’ll be so exciting - a truly historic moment in Hot 100 history, the first time it’s ever been done. There’s just nobody like her.

From conquering the itunes charts to streaming charts and occupying the entire Hot 100 a decade later, truly legendary tingz.

PQBiFCs.jpg

Im happy for Taylor, but I think Billboard should change the calculation of Hot 100 in general. 

1 minute ago, DemDam92 said:

Im happy for Taylor, but I think Billboard should change the calculation of Hot 100 in general. 

Why would they? The chart reflects the most consumed songs for the week. If the 10 most consumed songs for the week are all Taylor’s that’s not her fault. 

Just now, hector.adriel said:

Why would they? The chart reflects the most consumed songs for the week. If the 10 most consumed songs for the week are all Taylor’s that’s not her fault. 

Well its the definition of “consumed”. 
And its not only streaming but also sales, radio and so on so what i pointed out is that the streaming factor might be too high in the Hot 100 formula.

4 minutes ago, DemDam92 said:

And its not only streaming but also sales, radio and so on so what i pointed out is that the streaming factor might be too high in the Hot 100 formula.

If anything radio is what should be removed. Streaming and sales are what people are choosing to listen to.. radio is just what corporate executives want everyone to hear, with little to no input from the listeners. How are those songs any more “consumed” than songs that people actually decided to stream? 

I’m not attacking your opinion by the way. .Just offering a rebuttal. I get what you mean. It shouldn’t be the norm for songs to flood the charts. But it’s not a new thing, and only few artists can achieve it — usually Drake and Taylor.

Taylor has so many top 10s because she used to sell so well on iTunes that even her album tracks and promo singles would peak high even with 0 airplay. Now she’s just graduated to doing the same thing because of streaming.  

7 minutes ago, DemDam92 said:

Radio is still really high in the formula, but those audience continue to get lower 

And well sales are completely dead.... And 1 sale is worth very much. Like multiple times more than 10 years ago

And there is no "and so on". I certainly couldnt think of anything else you could add to the Hot 100

11 minutes ago, DemDam92 said:

Not sure where you're coming from but Radio is already very high...It's the main complain of k pop fans.Korean artists never get played on the radio but are still very consumed.

Edited by pierreleswiftie

4 hours ago, hector.adriel said:

The chart stopped reflecting the most consumed songs for the week when As It Was stole a bunch of weeks from songs like Running Up That Hill this summer due to incessant radio play. RUTH was clearly bigger than AIW most of those weeks. AIW got 15 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 despite only 2 weeks at #1 on streaming and a week at #1 on sales. Billboard should reduce the weight of radio counting towards the Hot 100, and I'd argue that sales should be eliminated altogether especially after the way several songs (especially Butter) manipulated the charts in 2020/2021.

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

The chart stopped reflecting the most consumed songs for the week when As It Was stole a bunch of weeks from songs like Running Up That Hill this summer due to incessant radio play. RUTH was clearly bigger than AIW most of those weeks. AIW got 15 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 despite only 2 weeks at #1 on streaming and a week at #1 on sales. Billboard should reduce the weight of radio counting towards the Hot 100, and I'd argue that sales should be eliminated altogether especially after the way several songs (especially Butter) manipulated the charts in 2020/2021.

But Taylor songs from midnights is the most consumed songs this week. 

Can someone explain why Bigger Than the Whole Sky has way more sales than the rest of the tracks?

1 minute ago, PoisonPill said:

Can someone explain why Bigger Than the Whole Sky has way more sales than the rest of the tracks?

While I think a few predictors are mistakenly underestimating other tracks like Bejeweled and Question, I heard that Bigger Than The Whole Sky is finding a niche among women who have experienced miscarriages. It’s also one of the 3am tracks - there’s a reasonably large number of people who would have already bought the standard edition of the album by the time they found out the extra tracks exist, and there’s few enough of those extra tracks that iTunes and other digital retailers wouldn’t consider buying them individually to be an album sale, so they wouldn’t get grouped together. tl;dr the 3am Edition makes it wonky and it also found its own niche to get a few additional sales

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

While I think a few predictors are mistakenly underestimating other tracks like Bejeweled and Question, I heard that Bigger Than The Whole Sky is finding a niche among women who have experienced miscarriages. It’s also one of the 3am tracks - there’s a reasonably large number of people who would have already bought the standard edition of the album by the time they found out the extra tracks exist, and there’s few enough of those extra tracks that iTunes and other digital retailers wouldn’t consider buying them individually to be an album sale, so they wouldn’t get grouped together. tl;dr the 3am Edition makes it wonky and it also found its own niche to get a few additional sales

That makes sense. BTTWS is the most beautiful song on the album, it made me emotional before even making the miscarriage connection.

Radio is a big part of the industry that generates money - if Billboards cuts their legs, they’ll be starting a war. Radio isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

What records would the entire top 10 bring Taylor?

having the entire top 5 songs? 

the entire top 10 songs?

Most top 10 hits from 1 album?

most top 10 debuts in 1 week?

most top 10 debuts from 1 album?

What else??

19 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Here's the first full 50-position prediction: 

Glitch and Paris charting outside the Top 20? Omg she's so OVER :redface:FLOP! :redface: also the lack of TASTÉ is ridiculous :redface:  

Edited by Trainwreck

2 hours ago, infrared said:

Radio is a big part of the industry that generates money - if Billboards cuts their legs, they’ll be starting a war. Radio isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

Does radio really care if its included in the Hot 100 or not?

For the artists it's promo either way

31 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

What records would the entire top 10 bring Taylor?

having the entire top 5 songs? 

the entire top 10 songs?

Most top 10 hits from 1 album?

most top 10 debuts in 1 week?

most top 10 debuts from 1 album?

What else??

Female artist with the most top 10s (40)

Ties Drake as the artist with the most #2 singles (7)

Literally the biggest artist of all time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.