Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Back on the road!

Popboi.

46 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I think there has been some discourse about having an abnormal parasocial relationship with Taylor Swift and how that is on your for expecting her to care. I find that mindset in some cases to be true, but I also find it too black and white to apply to everyone. It is not just my life is invested in Taylor Swift completely or I have no care for her.

Taylor Swift is a person many respect and look up to. They feel very connected to her because they relate to her struggles. Many are not under some illusion Taylor cares to some great extent about them and know she has no idea who they are. But to actively watch someone you look up to not address such a poorly handled situation while continuing to beg for more remix purchases and merch sales and help them win awards and break records is awful. The person they look up to so much who has worked for and advocated for so much positive change in the industry and for social causes and more to suddenly give them the cold shoulder is awful. In addition, she has previously shown she does care at least to some extent with all of her efforts with fans. Most get supply could not meet demand. That is sad, but not what hurts most Swifties. It is that they seem to have been tricked into buying tons of products to in exchange for no apparent tangible benefit except some alleged boost with no transparency and no clear benefit for anyone.  In exchange they got entered into a random lotto with scalpers and bots and people who dont care when you've been dedicated. The reputation tour handled this far better and gave a lot of preference to true fans who actually put in more money and effort for her. So many right now are quite literally feeling hurt by who they look up to and it is not as crazy as many are making it seem. Anyone having someone they look up to completely turn out to be someone they didnt think they were is very disheartening if it turns out to be true.

This still has time to be properly addressed/possibly amended at least to some extent so I don't think the full story has been told yet. But if this goes by without ever being talked about or without at least some appreciation being shown for fans efforts and heartbreak that absolutely changes my outlook on her as a person which changes my ability to enjoy their music forever as I am now see them as simply a manipulator she claims not to be for her own benefit. She is no longer worthy of my respect in that case. I fully understand she can't give her life for her fans and doesn't live to please us 24/7. Come for me if you want idc. But I think many are having a rational response to what is going on and it isn't as simple as some make it out to be

The only times she truly advocated for anything was for her own financial gains and her involvement in social causes always been late and only came when she was looking to gain something from it tho :lakitu:

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klein

• Ms. Togekiss

• Dear Reader

• fridayteenage

7 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

International dates will probably be worse because they'll underestimate her demand for every city :deadbanana2: Brazil and Mexico will probably get 2 dates when she could probably do more now. 

She could honestly do 3 dates in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Chile with ease.

4 minutes ago, brazil said:

The only times she truly advocated for anything was for her own financial gains and her involvement in social causes always been late and only came when she was looking to gain something from it tho :lakitu:

Keep the cheap trolling outside.

Ok but the question here is... if there was that many registered, with the tickets sold... why did they not give the priority to those with Loverfest and boosts, along with the ones who registered w/o boosts? Instead they let the scalpers win and most of us got ****** in the ass with a sharp dildo.

My only swiftie friend and I are in SHAMBLES, we were so excited to get tickets for one of the Atlanta shows but things are not looking good :chick3: 

15 minutes ago, gagacasanova said:

Ok but the question here is... if there was that many registered, with the tickets sold... why did they not give the priority to those with Loverfest and boosts, along with the ones who registered w/o boosts? Instead they let the scalpers win and most of us got ****** in the ass with a sharp dildo.

Bad organization, they cramped up everyone with a code into 1 presale that didn't filter who had a code or not (since it was requested upon checkout) - so people with no code clustered the queue even more.

did anyone check their calendar? Was this another planned episode of Midnights Mayhem?

In all seriousness, are there actual fans in here who spotted the Easter egg in plain sight? One of the VIP packages was named after an unreleased demo “Long Time Coming” from the debut era. I’m guessing that will be one of the vault tracks.

58 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Bad organization, they cramped up everyone with a code into 1 presale that didn't filter who had a code or not (since it was requested upon checkout) - so people with no code clustered the queue even more.

I forgot to add the codes & waitlists in my post:skull: Like I actually found out that the boosts didn't mean anything. Literally nothing. No preferred access or anything.

3 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I think there has been some discourse about having an abnormal parasocial relationship with Taylor Swift and how that is on your for expecting her to care. I find that mindset in some cases to be true, but I also find it too black and white to apply to everyone. It is not just my life is invested in Taylor Swift completely or I have no care for her.

Taylor Swift is a person many respect and look up to. They feel very connected to her because they relate to her struggles. Many are not under some illusion Taylor cares to some great extent about them and know she has no idea who they are. But to actively watch someone you look up to not address such a poorly handled situation while continuing to beg for more remix purchases and merch sales and help them win awards and break records is awful. The person they look up to so much who has worked for and advocated for so much positive change in the industry and for social causes and more to suddenly give them the cold shoulder is awful. In addition, she has previously shown she does care at least to some extent with all of her efforts with fans. Most get supply could not meet demand. That is sad, but not what hurts most Swifties. It is that they seem to have been tricked into buying tons of products to in exchange for no apparent tangible benefit except some alleged boost with no transparency and no clear benefit for anyone.  In exchange they got entered into a random lotto with scalpers and bots and people who dont care when you've been dedicated. The reputation tour handled this far better and gave a lot of preference to true fans who actually put in more money and effort for her. So many right now are quite literally feeling hurt by who they look up to and it is not as crazy as many are making it seem. Anyone having someone they look up to completely turn out to be someone they didnt think they were is very disheartening if it turns out to be true.

This still has time to be properly addressed/possibly amended at least to some extent so I don't think the full story has been told yet. But if this goes by without ever being talked about or without at least some appreciation being shown for fans efforts and heartbreak that absolutely changes my outlook on her as a person which changes my ability to enjoy their music forever as I am now see them as simply a manipulator she claims not to be for her own benefit. She is no longer worthy of my respect in that case. I fully understand she can't give her life for her fans and doesn't live to please us 24/7. Come for me if you want idc. But I think many are having a rational response to what is going on and it isn't as simple as some make it out to be

Girl, just be patient and give her some times before wrtiting down these essays.

Its not only a statement, she needs to find a solution before making that statement. And solution takes times. Just hang on. I understand your frustration, though.

They need to make mega stadiums exclusive for Taylor Swift concerts. 250k capacity each.

I spent $4000 on these ******* tickets, if ticketmaster decides to cancel everything and try again i will lose my mind. 

I don’t know why people are expecting a statement from Taylor; as of this moment there isn’t even a solution on the horizon. If she said something right now just to appease fans, the fans and OTHs would over analyze her words and rip her to shreds if what the final actions are isn’t “what she promised” (I can hear it now :skull:). 

Plus, this isn’t about Taylor, it’s about Ticketmaster. 

37 minutes ago, gagacasanova said:

LOL

Mine:

"Invalid" Presale Codes
You're a gaslighter and proud of it! You love to be a trickster and probably identify with Rumpelstiltskin a little bit. You're confident in yourself and your opinions though, so keep your head high and gaslight away!

30 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I don’t know why people are expecting a statement from Taylor; as of this moment there isn’t even a solution on the horizon. If she said something right now just to appease fans, the fans and OTHs would over analyze her words and rip her to shreds if what the final actions are isn’t “what she promised” (I can hear it now :skull:). 

This, and she can't rebel against Ticketmaster either. So many want her to pull a fight similar to what she did against Spotify without realizing that it would literally mean kissing any future tour in venues with Ticketmaster exclusivity deal or ownership goodbye (so any big venue - including the entire tour) :toofunny2:

5 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

It’s been 2 days. I’m sure she is working with her team on how to address this.

2 hours ago, 1989 said:

Exactly. This is a huge crisis unfolding in real time. Taylor and her team are likely in heated negotiations with the most powerful force in live events, trying to hammer out a deal to simultaneously appease millions of outraged people without tickets while also not angering millions of other people who have tickets. It's an insanely tricky issue and there are no easy solutions. I'm sure we'll be hearing from her in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, on the line said:

LOL

Mine:

"Invalid" Presale Codes
You're a gaslighter and proud of it! You love to be a trickster and probably identify with Rumpelstiltskin a little bit. You're confident in yourself and your opinions though, so keep your head high and gaslight away!

Surge Prices on Resale Sites

You're a "Wolf of Wall Street" loving capitalist for sure. You have morals (maybe), but you'll do anything for a quick buck. 

9 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

Ticketmaster shared a pointless blog just celebrating Taylor and going a little more in-depth about the mess. 

Doesn't say anything about future on-sales or pre-sales.

Yeah their strategy was "it's taylor's fault but we're gonna say cause she is just unstoppable so fans are gonna kind celebrating even this mess" lol 

My question is why didn't all these people buy an album? She should have a 3 million plus week opening with Midnights. What they should have done is everyone who bought merch through her site (whether 1 cd or a lot) have a special code to buy tickets if they wanted tickets. 

There should have been a special presale for people who had Lover Fest tickets instead of just an alleged "boost."

I am wondering how her team so horrendously underestimated the demand for tickets and scheduled so few shows. Or maybe they knew the demand was there and didn't care to meet it. Don't give me any of that "52 shows is already so many" nonsense, either. If Elton John can get his ancient ass on stage 93 nights a year, Taylor can manage more than 52 if she cares to.

I see people saying that she should add more dates or a second US leg, but I don't see how that would really solve anything. Adding more shows still won't meet the demand, it won't address TM's stressful incompentent marketplace, and it won't quiet the criticism about the pricing. If anything, there would just be more drags about how no concessions were made to "apologize" for this ****show; do you really think people would be like "oh, it was so nice of you to add more shows so we could also buy VIP tickets behind the stage for $600 plus $150 in fees"?

I think the VIP ticketing is the thing that infuriates me most about all of this. They advertised two price ranges: general ($50-$450) and VIP ($200-$900). One would naturally assume that the majority of tickets would be general and plan their budget accordingly. But then you get into the presale and discover nearly everything is VIP. No option to opt out of it, either. Such a scam.

Ticketmaster could have avoided a lot of this mess if they simply had not sent out so many presale codes and staggered the presale by venue rather than time zone. Like, they still wouldn't have met the demand and there'd be crying stans everywhere and tickets would still have been overpriced, but all of the wait times and website malfunctions are what really drew attention to everything. They truly brought this on themselves. 

Also seriously side eying the performative sympathy from fans who got tickets to multiple shows. You're part of the problem, Rebekah.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.