Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Back on the road!

Popboi.

52 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

They added 17 shows after they saw the demand with verified fan registrations so i don't think that's the case. 

Yeah but they were not booked right beforehand, they've been for months. There could be more dates booked that we don't know of in US, but time will tell.

Edited by Popboi.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klein

• Ms. Togekiss

• fridayteenage

• Taylor fanboy

I am still just stunned at how immense the demand is. Her US shows for the Reputation Tour sold 2.1M tickets. And this one essentially sold that in the first day and eclipsed that in the second day. :jonny: 

I don’t think there was a way to predict that level of demand months out. Who would have guessed that months ago when they were booking stadiums that she would outsell her entire last tour in two days. The power of this is groundbreaking and iconic, and should be recognized/celebrated :clap3:

With how many people wanting to see her, inevitably people weren’t going to get tickets, but it is a massive shame that due to nonsense and poor quality systems from Ticketmaster, millions had a miserable time even attempting to get tickets. 

She needs Ed Sheeran's team ASAP. They handled his tour very well and had different plans to attack bots/scalpers.

50 dates is not that much, so maybe she will add 20 more?

I’m still kind of confused. Did they accidentally allocate too many tickets to the presales, therefore effectively selling out the tour before general sale? Or are they postponing general sale until they get their **** together? I thought it was the latter but I’m seeing “Swiftie support groups” on TikTok. :skull:

Edited by touchofmyhand

3 minutes ago, touchofmyhand said:

I’m still kind of confused. Did they accidentally allocate too many tickets to the presales, therefore effectively selling out the tour before general sale? Or are they postponing general sale until they get their **** together.

i'm confused about this as well. 

16 hours ago, on the line said:

LOL

Mine:

"Invalid" Presale Codes
You're a gaslighter and proud of it! You love to be a trickster and probably identify with Rumpelstiltskin a little bit. You're confident in yourself and your opinions though, so keep your head high and gaslight away!

Mine was Live Nation Merger :toofunny2:

48 minutes ago, touchofmyhand said:

I’m still kind of confused. Did they accidentally allocate too many tickets to the presales, therefore effectively selling out the tour before general sale? Or are they postponing general sale until they get their **** together? I thought it was the latter but I’m seeing “Swiftie support groups” on TikTok. :skull:

44 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i'm confused about this as well. 

On Monday, the company sent presale codes to randomly selected Swifties, allowing each person with a code to buy up to six tickets during Tuesday and Wednesday’s presales. The company said it sold more than two million tickets in the presale, which saw fans experience excruciating wait times and technical errors.

Ticketmaster said they sent out codes to 40 percent of the fans who had signed up for the Verified Fan presale, a whopping 1.5 million people—four times their previous peak, the company said. More than 2 million tickets were sold during the presale.

The presale queue didn’t weed out fans who hadn’t received codes, furthering wait times and allowing for more than 14 million people nationwide to join lines, an amount the company said could fill 900 stadiums.

“The biggest venues and artists turn to us because we have the leading ticketing technology in the world—that doesn’t mean it’s perfect, and clearly for Taylor’s on sale it wasn’t,” the company, who has a monopoly on ticket selling, said.

Ticketmaster hasn’t said if they will reschedule a general sale ticket drop. X

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

:rip: 

Allowing for all hypotheticals, including regions not covered being prioritized over keeping the stadium format (which may seem implausible but has happened for other artists before).

That millions will still be screwed out of getting tickets is baked in at this point even she tours for three years straight which isn't happening. 

There has been discussions about regions that weren't covered because they didn't have stadiums or the stadiums weren't available, and not just from random Twitter stans. :coffee2: 

What region in the US doesn't have stadiums, it's the land of football stadiums :rip:

22 minutes ago, Headlock said:

What region in the US doesn't have stadiums, it's the land of football stadiums :rip:

Not my point. I'm referring to the mid-Atlantic not getting stops on this tour.

Is there contractually a block (hypothetical) from Taylor going to say, Audi Field or FedEx Field (both stadiums) in the D.C./Maryland area because CapitolOne Arena is in the same area?

It's been getting a lot of attention locally that she isn't visiting the mid-Atlantic.

didn't people here say DC's stadium spews sewage sporadically? doesn't sound fun

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

didn't people here say DC's stadium spews sewage sporadically? doesn't sound fun

Ed is playing there next year. Fitting :fan:

22 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Is there contractually a block (hypothetical) from Taylor going to say, Audi Field or FedEx Field (both stadiums) in the D.C./Maryland area because CapitolOne Arena is in the same area?

It's been getting a lot of attention locally that she isn't visiting the mid-Atlantic.

They are not visiting some other big cities like Miami, New Orleans, Charlotte either. I don't think D.C. was special. 

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Ed is playing there next year. Fitting :fan:

They are not visiting some other big cities like Miami, New Orleans, Charlotte either. I don't think D.C. was special. 

It (and Miami) are disproportionately large and wealthy cities for her to ignore though 

I guess the sewage thing was legit :gaycat6:

12 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

It (and Miami) are disproportionately large and wealthy cities for her to ignore though 

I guess the sewage thing was legit :gaycat6:

Maybe it was but they could book M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore which is 1 hour away from the Fedex Field if that was the problem. They skipped so many cities for some reason. 

I think it is possible that they wanted to cut NA leg short so they could tour more countries this time starting late 2023. I don't think they expected that kind of demand :gaycat7:

I think it's just logistics. Why move stages from Tampa to Miami when you can have people come to you. Same with Philly and DC. Not that it's right but it makes sense. 

2 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

I'm not sure they actually limit how many seats are available in the presale. BTS shows and Adele's residency also "sold out" during their presales. 

I don't think there's going to be a general sale. They did say "cancelled" after all. There are less than a million tickets left; they'll probably just give them away in radio contests or quietly sell them to people who have season pass tickets for the stadium.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Sis, this isn’t even about demand, she would have to construct an entire new stage and re-choreograph the entire show to fit in an arena. The most likely example is the tour’s schedule as a whole didn’t line up when FedEx Field was free and when she was free. Or they’re releasing it later because negotiations were still happened, who knows. But I promise you arenas are literally the last thing that is possible as opposed to Taylor just not going to DC :rip:

23 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

I think it's just logistics. Why move stages from Tampa to Miami when you can have people come to you. Same with Philly and DC. Not that it's right but it makes sense. 

Exactly. Like she already probably has to build 3 separate stages to be able to break the stage down/build it simultaneously in different locations, with a third set being transported the next stop on the line. And this comes with hundreds of crew members at each location. Her doing 52 stadium dates in one leg in one country is already insanity, y’all will never be satisfied :rip:

1 hour ago, Toxicity. said:

For Reputation tour, she booked both Miami and Tampa. Same for D.C.

This is not different than her booking both Dallas and Houston in Texas or both Philly and Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. 

And a city like Miami or D.C. is much bigger and profitable than smaller cities like Pittsburgh or Phoenix when it comes to touring. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

That user who themself compared manual labour to performing in stadiums being super the comparison :rip: worms in brains.

This is equation which can’t be solved, there are just too many people who want to attend. 

46 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

For Reputation tour, she booked both Miami and Tampa. Same for D.C.

This is not different than her booking both Dallas and Houston in Texas or both Philly and Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. 

And a city like Miami or D.C. is much bigger and profitable than smaller cities like Pittsburgh or Phoenix when it comes to touring. 

And have you seen how much bigger the stage is for this tour?

35 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

I don’t think they are saying to book the arena, they’re saying bc she has a contract w Capitol One she might not be able to book a venue within a close radius of one of their venues like that arena is.  I agree it’s prob just from conflicting schedules and not bc of that tho 

That was my point, thank you. A far-fetched hypothetical, but I've seen weirder. 

19 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

And have you seen how much bigger the stage is for this tour?

I did, main stage looks smaller than Reputation's and runway shouldn't be that hard to move and build. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I did, main stage looks smaller than Reputation's and runway shouldn't be that hard to move and build. 

Well maybe you should send your resume in to TN13 idk what to tell you

Ffj5_g3XoAA_EvQ.thumb.gif.af7e5872d0bc8fb1fbeb6e4aab449036.gif

6 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Well maybe you should send your resume in to TN13 idk what to tell you

Ffj5_g3XoAA_EvQ.thumb.gif.af7e5872d0bc8fb1fbeb6e4aab449036.gif

TN13 didn't ask me the question, you did but thank you for your advice, i guess. 

1 hour ago, InventedGays said:

I don’t think they are saying to book the arena, they’re saying bc she has a contract w Capitol One she might not be able to book a venue within a close radius of one of their venues like that arena is.  I agree it’s prob just from conflicting schedules and not bc of that tho 

No, that is literally what they were proposing :toofunny2:

52 minutes ago, Espresso said:

That was my point, thank you. A far-fetched hypothetical, but I've seen weirder. 

This u sis?:

8 hours ago, Espresso said:

Most prominently likely including Capitol One Arena in Washington D.C., which wasn't included on the first leg and is the literal sponsor :rip: 

This is your comment to me about booking more dates.

Now you’re saying you meant a radius clause? :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.