Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Back on the road!

Popboi.

I am glad it is not me just feeling like it is impossible to listen to Taylor Swift right now without feeling depressed/angry. I see numerous people on Twitter say at least for now they just can’t listen. This is so bad for her brand to affiliate herself with such negative emotions. I’m sure it will go away soon but idk. All that is gonna happen when the tour begins is bring up so much negativity for so many again and any tour she does from now on unless fixed is going to be seen as dread

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klein

• Ms. Togekiss

• fridayteenage

• Taylor fanboy

2 hours ago, The Slayer said:

What were the prices?

So I can work out a rough idea what similar seats will be in £'s when she announces UK dates

Hey, here’s a pretty good tweet that I think shows the tiers and their variety pretty well. 

2 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

They should have had their own presale.

Exactly. And there weren't many dates so not that many tickets would've been sold but at least people who were set to see her would definitely get tickets...

This whole thing is a mess and tm is useless but my god I didn't realize how pathetic a certain portion of her fanbase had become. Just spoiled, entitled, delusional and dumb. Comparing her to artists that struggle to sell out after months, feeling they deserve tickets more than so called 'tik tok fans', expecting her to take down ticketmaster. They need to grow up and realize Taylor is NOT their friend and she's not some underground indie artist, she's the biggest music star in the world. There's no way they expected her tickets to be cheap and easy to get at the same time. I need her to cancel the US leg and tour the rest of the world to teach some of these brats a few lessons

Just now, By the Water said:

This whole thing is a mess and tm is useless but my god I didn't realize how pathetic a certain portion of her fanbase had become. Just spoiled, entitled, delusional and dumb. Comparing her to artists that struggle to sell out after months, feeling they deserve tickets more than so called 'tik tok fans', expecting her to take down ticketmaster. They need to grow up and realize Taylor is NOT their friend and she's not some underground indie artist, she's the biggest music star in the world. There's no way they expected her tickets to be cheap and easy to get at the same time. I need her to cancel the US leg and tour the rest of the world to teach some of these brats a few lessons

Same. Not to mention how many people seem to be mad at Taylor for this when their faves / other faves all operate via Ticketmaster and enable dynamic pricing as well. Its the hypocrisy for me

26 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I am glad it is not me just feeling like it is impossible to listen to Taylor Swift right now without feeling depressed/angry. I see numerous people on Twitter say at least for now they just can’t listen. This is so bad for her brand to affiliate herself with such negative emotions. I’m sure it will go away soon but idk. All that is gonna happen when the tour begins is bring up so much negativity for so many again and any tour she does from now on unless fixed is going to be seen as dread

I'm feeling this so hard right now :chick3:

20 minutes ago, By the Water said:

There's no way they expected her tickets to be cheap and easy to get at the same time.

The least she could’ve done was opt out of dynamic pricing but she chose not to…

15 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

The least she could’ve done was opt out of dynamic pricing but she chose not to…

You clearly have no idea how expensive pre-sale tickets would have been if dynamic pricing was enabled :rip:

9 minutes ago, By the Water said:

You clearly have no idea how expensive pre-sale tickets would have been if dynamic pricing was enabled :rip:

It was enabled, which is why nosebleed tickets went as high as $800.

9 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

There’s literally no reason. You aren’t owed anything :rip:

As an artist who thrives off her close knit fanbase and owes her success to them, she should at least provide her fans with equal opportunities and prices. Again, the least she could’ve done was kept the prices stable for everyone. 

When I entered the pre sale after five hours I remember seeing the blue dots turn gray like when Thanos snapped his fingers and people just started disappearing. :deadbanana2:

I still can’t believe I was able to get six floor tickets for 416 USD each (after taxes and fees) for one of the Pittsburgh shows…  It’s an experience I’m not interested in reliving, I’m just happy I was able to get tickets at a fair price.

I couldn't get tickets either days....looks like I'm skipping this tour?

3 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

As an artist who thrives off her close knit fanbase and owes her success to them, she should at least provide her fans with equal opportunities and prices. Again, the least she could’ve done was kept the prices stable for everyone. 

I’ve read multiple tweet but have not seen the first proof of nosebleed tickets at 800 USD :rip:

Not saying it’s a lie but I haven’t seen anything to back that up. 

Just now, InventedGays said:

No fans are not owed ****, including you. You are a consumer choosing to buy & engage with a product. That’s it. They were given equal opportunity and it was ruined because of how Ticketmaster executed the presales while pretending surprised by the people that showed up w codes they sent out themselves. Also Unless you have something actually showing $800 for nosebleeds that’s nonsense 

Taylor has positioned herself as an artist that highly values her fans, which is how she managed to secure a fanbase as loyal as hers. So yes, Taylor “the product” DOES owe her success and career to us ‘consumers’ as a huge part of her appeal is how connected and close she claims to be to her fanbase. Again,  the very LEAST, she should provide equal opportunities and fair prices to the same fanbase she resorts to whenever she has a new record to break or maintain. Disabling dynamic pricing is the bare minimum.

27 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I'm like 90% sure dynamic pricing wasn't in effect. No way nosebleeds were $800... That's how much some of the VIP floor seats were.

Just now, Walk_Away21 said:

I'm like 90% sure dynamic pricing wasn't in effect. No way nosebleeds were $800... That's how much some of the VIP floor seats were.

Many Tiktoks and reddit post of people sharing their experiences stated that dynamic pricing was in effect. I have not personally seen the nosebleed ticket prices (I was waitlisted so had no access) but read multiple posts about them.

1 minute ago, Weld_E said:

Many Tiktoks and reddit post of people sharing their experiences stated that dynamic pricing was in effect. I have not personally seen the nosebleed ticket prices (I was waitlisted so had no access) but read multiple posts about them.

Dynamic pricing wasn't in effect. Just VIP package seats that ranged 500-800 on floor and lower bowl. Bruce Springsteen had it and his floor went up into the thousands in seconds :rip: 

The Mackenzies and Kayleighs having meltdowns on twitter :rip: Hopefully this ends some of these parasocial relationships some of these people have with their 'best friend' Taylor Swift. 

17 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Are you going to get in an Uber and demand they charge you less while they are extremely busy just because you used the service before? :rip:  You’re also still continuing to post about ridiculous prices with nothing to back up the claims you’re making, so just more nonsense trying to prove a point that’s not there. 

What a ridiculous and nonsensical comparison. Uber and Taylor the ‘brand’ have NOTHING in common. The core of Taylor ‘the brand’ is how connected and appreciative she is to her fans, and again, THAT is the reason she secured the loyal fanbase she has in the first place and the reason for her success. Most of her fans stick with her because of the way she constantly vocalizes her appreciation and gratitude for them. Taylor constantly talks about her passion for sharing her music with her fans and how that’s the most important thing to her, but time and time again, she puts money first. With all of that being said, people have called Uber and similar services for their crazy and unethical price hikes. This capitalistic and greedy mentality the USA has fostered is incredibly toxic and benefits no one but the rich.

Regarding the dynamic pricing:

https://amp.popbuzz.com/music/artists/taylor-swift/news/tickets-dynamic-pricing-the-eras-tour-ticketmaster/

28 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I’ve seen people complain, but no evidence. As far as the evidence I’ve seen, the prices seem extremely consistent across all venues and sections. There are literally thousands of screenshots of price maps on Twitter, and I haven’t seen any that suggest dynamic pricing.

Edited by RobynYoBank

12 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

I’ve seen people complain, but no evidence. As far as the evidence I’ve seen, the prices seem extremely consistent across all venues and sections. There are literally thousands of screenshots of price maps on Twitter, and I haven’t seen any that suggest dynamic pricing.

People love to talk out of their ass for no reason. Avoiding facts and relying on shady sources, its a talent Americans have. It comes naturally to them.

They'll see on Friday what actual dynamic pricing is (since it looks like they didnt have the chance to see with all the other people selling shows the last 5 years)

I’m following the entire drama on twitter and all jokes aside, I do feel really bad for you guys, this whole situation is insanely unfair. Hope everyone here can get their tickets eventually :bird:

33 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

What a ridiculous and nonsensical comparison. Uber and Taylor the ‘brand’ have NOTHING in common. The core of Taylor ‘the brand’ is how connected and appreciative she is to her fans, and again, THAT is the reason she secured the loyal fanbase she has in the first place and the reason for her success. Most of her fans stick with her because of the way she constantly vocalizes her appreciation and gratitude for them. Taylor constantly talks about her passion for sharing her music with her fans and how that’s the most important thing to her, but time and time again, she puts money first. With all of that being said, people have called Uber and similar services for their crazy and unethical price hikes. This capitalistic and greedy mentality the USA has fostered is incredibly toxic and benefits no one but the rich.

Regarding the dynamic pricing:

https://amp.popbuzz.com/music/artists/taylor-swift/news/tickets-dynamic-pricing-the-eras-tour-ticketmaster/

Taylor constantly talks about her being a businesswoman just as much as everything else you pointed out, but perhaps you weren't paying attention. And by the way, the source you shared doesn't have a single receipt about dynamic pricing being in effect

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

those 800 USD nosebleed seat is on reseller pages, not the original price.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.