Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Back on the road!

Popboi.

People complaining about 52 stadium dates for one leg of the tour, as if a million more dates won’t be announced in the future for next year :toofunny2:

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klein

• Ms. Togekiss

• fridayteenage

• Taylor fanboy

8 minutes ago, Headlock said:

People complaining about 52 stadium dates for one leg of the tour, as if a million more dates won’t be announced in the future for next year :toofunny2:

Most prominently likely including Capitol One Arena in Washington D.C., which wasn't included on the first leg and is the literal sponsor :rip: 

The radio DJ on my local Top 40 station literally went on a 20-minute rant about it yesterday morning and how she didn't want to drive to Pittsburgh :rip: 

1 hour ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

i wonder if that would help, if the leg is on another year wouldn't that feel like a new opportunity for most of the fans that were able to get tickets for the first leg? so the demand would stay the same?

I imagine the TM accounts that already have tickets to a tour date would not be allowed to register for the new on-sale.

18 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Most prominently likely including Capitol One Arena in Washington D.C., which wasn't included on the first leg and is the literal sponsor :rip: 

This is a stadium tour :toofunny2:

time to book a flight to Paris and piss off that one French swiftie on here.

3 minutes ago, justin464 said:

This is a stadium tour :toofunny2:

Which is being openly speculated will adjust for other markets and venues despite their original marketing for other legs 

You think you did something - this is according to multiple industry analysts and allegedly her OWN TEAM.

You don't have allegedly 10M+ requests that aren't even bots and shut down the industry and don't adjust accordingly. 

The sponsor could sweeten a deal to have her sell-out 7 dates flat there for Leg 2 or 3, easily. Point blank.

23 minutes ago, Espresso said:

The radio DJ on my local Top 40 station literally went on a 20-minute rant about it yesterday morning and how she didn't want to drive to Pittsburgh :rip: 

Taylor is not playing an arena sis :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

You don't have allegedly 10M+ requests that aren't even bots and shut down the industry and don't adjust accordingly. 

And playing a smaller venue that hold 1/5 of the people will help with that? :rip:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Taylor is not playing an arena sis :toofunny2:

I wouldn't bring this up if they weren't the sponsor. I'm not that invested, believe me :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

And playing a smaller venue that hold 1/5 of the people will help with that? :rip:

Taylor is at Prince level for touring in terms of literally mini-residencies nationally.

I read two reports yesterday alleging weeks-long blocks for multiple arenas here and abroad. 

Y'all acting like she's locked into this size format are idiots, I'm sorry :deadbanana2:

When demand is this extreme, her team goes to extremes to adjust a tour for subsequent legs, including up from seven dates in a smaller venue in a row. This is the territory we're in now :coffee2: 

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

I wouldn't bring this up if they weren't the sponsor. I'm not that invested, believe me :rip: 

Sis them being a sponsor doesn't matter at all if the venue is too small. They probably sponsor theatres in the DC area too, should she play there instead? :toofunny2:

They're already getting their money back by being a sponsor with the CapitolOne presale tickets.

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Taylor is at Prince level for touring in terms of literally mini-residencies nationally.

I read two reports yesterday alleging weeks-long blocks for multiple arenas here and abroad. 

Y'all acting like she's locked into this size format are idiots, I'm sorry :deadbanana2:

She's "locked" into stadium formats because she has repeatedly talked about how she doesn't like touring for a long time as she doesn't like being away from home that long, especially with her mom's health, she's literally decreased the amount of shows she plays with every tour she has done, and upgraded to larger venues to make up for it.

She's already doing residencies with stadiums like SoFi :toofunny2:

Edited by Headlock

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

She's "locked" into stadium formats because she has repeatedly talked about how she doesn't like touring for a long time as she doesn't like being away from home that long, especially with her mom's health, she's literally decreased the amount of shows she plays with every tour she has done, and upgraded to larger venues to make up for it.

Good for her for putting that first then. But devil's advocate argument of literal Congressional investigations and what, millions of people blowing up servers makes me a skeptic on her level of hesitation for Leg 2 or 3 of the States alone. The demand is historic so it comes to what wins out in terms of her team trying to convince her otherwise, or if not them, the higher-ups.

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

I agree She is def not doing any arenas in the US, but the bolded is a bit of a cop out. 

It’s already documented that She literally flies to one of Her homes on Her jet after some US dates to go to sleep  :lmao: 

20 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

I imagine the TM accounts that already have tickets to a tour date would not be allowed to register for the new on-sale.

Lol. :bibliahh:Lower your expectations. This is Ticketmaster. 

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

I agree She is def not doing any arenas in the US, but the bolded is a bit of a cop out. 

It’s already documented that She literally flies to one of Her homes on Her jet after some US dates to go to sleep  :lmao: 

I didn't say it was valid lol, she's lazy and privileged but whatdya gonna do :michael:

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Good for her for putting that first then. But devil's advocate argument of literal Congressional investigations and what, millions of people blowing up servers makes me a skeptic on her level of hesitation for Leg 2 or 3 of the States alone. The demand is historic so it comes to what wins out in terms of her team trying to convince her otherwise, or if not them, the higher-ups.

I honestly don't even understand what your point is, if you agree the demand is historic WHY would she do arenas? If she agrees to do weeks long residences why would she not still just do stadiums, like the same point is valid. Two weeks of arenas will fill like 4 dates of a stadium, so she works her ass off for no reason, and people are still screwed out of ticket opportunities due to the size of the venue :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Lol. :bibliahh:Lower your expectations. This is Ticketmaster. 

hahahaa yes, that's what i thought.

i hope she's doubling the dates she already has in europe, is it too crazy to think us fans would try to go to europe to see her?

7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

No one is saying that they can't add more shows depending on the demand. But they are not going to add more shows in arenas. :gaycat6:

It doesn't matter if they are residencies. As you said, the demand is historic. Why would they choose to perform 7 dates in arena (105k people) instead of playing 7 stadium dates in Metlife or Sofi stadium (385k people)? That makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Adding more shows that were not originally on the schedule is impossible, it's a stadium tour

They added 17 shows after they saw the demand with verified fan registrations so i don't think that's the case. 

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

I didn't say it was valid lol, she's lazy and privileged but whatdya gonna do :michael:

I honestly don't even understand what your point is, if you agree the demand is historic WHY would she do arenas? If she agrees to do weeks long residences why would she not still just do stadiums, like the same point is valid. Two weeks of arenas will fill like 4 dates of a stadium, so she works her ass off for no reason, and people are still screwed out of ticket opportunities due to the size of the venue :deadbanana4:

:rip: 

Allowing for all hypotheticals, including regions not covered being prioritized over keeping the stadium format (which may seem implausible but has happened for other artists before).

That millions will still be screwed out of getting tickets is baked in at this point even she tours for three years straight which isn't happening. 

There has been discussions about regions that weren't covered because they didn't have stadiums or the stadiums weren't available, and not just from random Twitter stans. :coffee2: 

8 hours ago, Achilles. said:

There should have been a special presale for people who had Lover Fest tickets instead of just an alleged "boost."

I am wondering how her team so horrendously underestimated the demand for tickets and scheduled so few shows. Or maybe they knew the demand was there and didn't care to meet it. Don't give me any of that "52 shows is already so many" nonsense, either. If Elton John can get his ancient ass on stage 93 nights a year, Taylor can manage more than 52 if she cares to.

I see people saying that she should add more dates or a second US leg, but I don't see how that would really solve anything. Adding more shows still won't meet the demand, it won't address TM's stressful incompentent marketplace, and it won't quiet the criticism about the pricing. If anything, there would just be more drags about how no concessions were made to "apologize" for this ****show; do you really think people would be like "oh, it was so nice of you to add more shows so we could also buy VIP tickets behind the stage for $600 plus $150 in fees"?

I think the VIP ticketing is the thing that infuriates me most about all of this. They advertised two price ranges: general ($50-$450) and VIP ($200-$900). One would naturally assume that the majority of tickets would be general and plan their budget accordingly. But then you get into the presale and discover nearly everything is VIP. No option to opt out of it, either. Such a scam.

Ticketmaster could have avoided a lot of this mess if they simply had not sent out so many presale codes and staggered the presale by venue rather than time zone. Like, they still wouldn't have met the demand and there'd be crying stans everywhere and tickets would still have been overpriced, but all of the wait times and website malfunctions are what really drew attention to everything. They truly brought this on themselves. 

Also seriously side eying the performative sympathy from fans who got tickets to multiple shows. You're part of the problem, Rebekah.

Elton John is not playing stadiums. Booking 52 stadiums in a year is already historic, her last tour had a lot less dates with some actually taking their sweet time to sell, there was no way to see this madness coming.

No one is going to let her book 100 dates like "yeah, lemme book this in case i happen to have the biggest demand of all time next year. I might end up not playing even half of these but lemme clog up your schedule anyways"

it's not like she can add whatever date she wants. Stadiums can be already taken for others tours, sports and events. 

I don't think she can organize like a new leg 2 starting in september for a simple reason. In october-nov probably they already booked places in some others continents and of course she have to tour in other continents. If some american fan can't see her for the 15th times in his life we're sorry but he'sgonna survive. Millions of fans around the world has never seen her. 

Edited by vale9001

Maybe Taylor is planning her own downfall. Taylor isn’t saying anything about this whole fiasco because as she says in Anti-Hero, sometimes her life is unmanageably big, and this is definitely an example of that. So maybe she wants the backlash so she slowly declines & loses some loyal fans (who are distraught because they thought Taylor was their best friend). After-all, this could easily be a farewell tour; a celebration of all her eras.

Obviously I’m just joking, but you never know with her :fan:

Edit: She literally just posted her statement the second I posted this lmao

Edited by justin464

2 minutes ago, justin464 said:

Maybe Taylor is planning her own downfall. Taylor isn’t saying anything about this whole fiasco because as she says in Anti-Hero, sometimes her life is unmanageably big, and this is definitely an example of that. So maybe she wants the backlash so she slowly declines & loses some loyal fans (who are distraught because they thought Taylor was their best friend). After-all, this could easily be a farewell tour; a celebration of all her eras.

Obviously I’m just joking, but you never know with her :fan:

you call this

https://twitter.com/swifferupdates/status/1593651650945863683?s=20&t=kZsKSWUm2Pdg1D3UuA8cwg

The way most Stan bases have to worry about tickets not selling, but we literally are arguing about how she’s too successful  :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.