Depeche Mode - 'Memento Mori'

Hector

Wish Alan Wilder would have rejoined, as it still feels a little strange seeing them only as a duo following Andy Fletcher's death. Perched for a new era though. :duca: 

Edited by Hector

yesss finally :jonny: I rly enjoyed the upbeat, synthpop snippet from the livestream:jonny: +can't wait to see them live again, I'm snatching the tix to Warsaw or Prague on thursday.

I'm not surprised that Alan is not coming back tbh. They will have two new live band members on the tour.

I wonder if there are any Andy contributions on it. looking forward to hearing it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is immediately my most anticipated album of 2023. Here's hoping for a few dark sex bops sprinkled throughout the album, like Scum, and You Move :katie2:

No matter what, I'm just glad that Dave and Martin are continuing as a duo. I cried hard when Fletch passed. 

I'm not getting that snippet out of my head, it's like a mix of 80s DM with 2010s DM. I know I'll be getting my life to that song in concert

On 10/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, ChapelHooker said:

I wonder if there are any Andy contributions on it. looking forward to hearing it.

Unfortunately he didn't get to listen to any of the new material as Dave says around 10:45

48 minutes ago, Reginald said:

This is immediately my most anticipated album of 2023. Here's hoping for a few dark sex bops sprinkled throughout the album, like Scum, and You Move :katie2:

Oh...

PWUTc1n.gif%20

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Released March 24th!

depeche_mode_ghosts_again.png___th_320_0

TRACKLIST:

1. My Cosmos Is Mine
  2. Wagging Tongue
  3. Ghosts Again
  4. Don’t Say You Love Me
  5. My Favourite Stranger
  6. Soul With Me
  7. Caroline’s Monkey
  8. Before We Drown
  9. People Are Good
  10. Always You
  11. Never Let Me Go
  12. Speak To Me

First single:

11 minutes ago, Hector said:

Released March 24th!

depeche_mode_ghosts_again.png___th_320_0

:crown: So soon! I'm not even ready for the emotional impact this album is going to bring 

• 4 weeks later...

Second song "My Cosmos Is Mine":

Classic dark Depeche Mode sound,  but very glad this wasn't the lead single. Ghosts Again is perfect :clap3:

• 2 weeks later...

Such an amazing album. Glad to see that critics seem to love it too

• 3 weeks later...

This is their best album in ages. Wagging Tongue should be a single at some point.

• Thanks 1

Agreed, this is a great album. Every time I listen to it, I feel overlmingly grateful for getting to experience new Depeche Mode songs after all of these decades of listening. Martin Gore, you are a legendT who can do no wrong. Soul With Me :worship2: 

• 1 month later...

Video for the second single "Wagging Tongue", one of the best songs on the album :clap3: 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find this topic by search so i had to google it.  :rip:

The remix of Wagging Tongues featuring Kid Moxie is fantastic.

• Thanks 1

more Europe arena dates announced for early next year. might snatch tickets for Hamburg to see them with my parents since they love DM. 

• 4 weeks later...

We need South America dates :chick3:

• 1 month later...

Still AOTY. Hopefully we'll still get the bonus tracks they talked about. I'm not a fan of the MFS video, it works as a tour visual, but not if it stands on its own. But we got 2 excellent videos this era, I'm more than happy!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Before We Drown video released last week. What a great era this has been. Memento Mori has totally reinvigorated my love for all of the modern DM albums. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.