Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

This trolling gotta stop :dies:

You can hate on the album all u want but to sit there and try to convince us it's performing bad is a choice :gaycat6:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

MIDnights is a smash album, Anti-Hero hit single  
the only thing that user is right about is she needs to stop working with Hack AntonOFF
We need fresh producers

12 hours ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Imagine if all the energy they put into hating the music industry was placed towards finding a job, a house, a friend, a gym (fatties, I can tell), a personality, etc. 

Fffff. Drag iT :giraffe:

-

OT: y’all are really surprised every time an artist is having success, Taylor is used as the standard? The same as Madonna was. Taylor the reigning queen of pop confirmed :clap3:

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah for this year i think only south america more (oct nov) and maybe oceania in dec jan. Then asia + europe spring- early summer 2024.  I don't know about a leg 2 in North america at the end of the summer + september-october

This is probably it! I don't know where she'll find the time for her directorial debut, though.

I guess all these years saying Hack can't produce a hit backfired but some people have to find a way to keep the agenda going.

Literally serving Trump supporter

I WILL come for any of y’all who tries to drag Bejeweled as “cringe”. It’s her best pop song since 2014 and you can SUFFER.

:heart2:

1 minute ago, KeshaSwift said:

I WILL come for any of y’all who tries to drag Bejeweled as “cringe”. It’s her best pop song since 2014 and you can SUFFER.

:heart2:

that title belongs to Karma, but Bejeweled is nice I guess :clap3:

Anti-Hero sounds like such a classic :foxaylove:Serving bigtime stability in the medium term. The lyrics are timeless 

12 hours ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Imagine if all the energy they put into hating the music industry was placed towards finding a job, a house, a friend, a gym (fatties, I can tell), a personality, etc. 

as a fattie and atrler who doesn’t spend all day dragging our gorls or obsessing over Taylor metrics, I take offence sis for being lumped in with them :oxygen2:

y’all can SEETHE. Who run the world?? FAT!gorls

spacer.png

I will gladly accept eras tour tics as an apology for all the fatties of the world

Edited by youreyesgocold

10 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Anti-Hero sounds like such a classic :foxaylove:Serving bigtime stability in the medium term. The lyrics are timeless 

But you previously said that anti-hero is not as big as as It was or flowers? Just asking

3 hours ago, Lemon said:

I wasn’t talking about those, but even if you want to make case about ME! and Gorgeous, you should find out that Taylor’s personality at the core lies within verses of both songs. Like said later on, these songs are not bad because they have childish lyrics, but because how they are completed.
Personally, I enjoy Gorgeous, it works for my mood and theme is how I feel about the topic presented. 

Then you have Willow, Gold Rush and Snow at the Beach, which should indicate to you that she is capable of writing Gorgeous, Paper Rings type of songs in a more serious, deeply manner, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t capable of bringing it in a goofier way. Like, this is part of her personality. 

That’s not what I’m saying though. I’m fully aware that it’s her personality, what I am saying is that she can write better quirky songs, because she HAS in the past. 

And I’m sorry but I can’t take anyone who genuinely enjoys gorgeous seriously :deadvision: Paper Rings is a much better written quirky song with the same theme. 

SOTB is not a quirky glittery song, but the “weird but ******* beautiful” line is so lazy it stands out and overshadows the rest of the song (especially since it’s the 2 greatest songwriters from this generation who wrote it). It’s those odd lines in some of her songs that I have a problem with.

Anti-Hero’s “sexy baby” line is another example. While that one never bothered me personally, a large number of people were thrown off by it. Clearly it didn’t matter since it still smashed, but it takes away from the song

4 minutes ago, wsurferwayne said:

But you previously said that anti-hero is not as big as as It was or flowers? Just asking

I didn’t say this but their statement isn’t wrong? Songs don’t need to be the biggest of all time to be smashes and become classics. As it was, flowers, and even unholy are bigger than anti hero but that doesn’t mean anti hero isn’t a legitimate smash in its own right 

6 minutes ago, wsurferwayne said:

Huh? Its clearly not as big as either of those songs, that doesnt mean i cant enjoy it?

Also, if anyone runs those Spotify swift accounts here: could you change the percentage presented in the spreadsheet from daily to weekly? It makes more sense to compare the numbers to the same day the previous week than the day before the same week right? That way we can see week over week performance. Anti hero has been having red percentages on those spreadsheets even though it did better this week compared to last week

28 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

That’s not what I’m saying though. I’m fully aware that it’s her personality, what I am saying is that she can write better quirky songs, because she HAS in the past. 

And I’m sorry but I can’t take anyone who genuinely enjoys gorgeous seriously :deadvision: Paper Rings is a much better written quirky song with the same theme. 

SOTB is not a quirky glittery song, but the “weird but ******* beautiful” line is so lazy it stands out and overshadows the rest of the song (especially since it’s the 2 greatest songwriters from this generation who wrote it). It’s those odd lines in some of her songs that I have a problem with.

Anti-Hero’s “sexy baby” line is another example. While that one never bothered me personally, a large number of people were thrown off by it. Clearly it didn’t matter since it still smashed, but it takes away from the song

So, which quirky songs of her you deem not worthy enough as of recent then? 

“Weird, but beautiful” line sounds like what can be said about snow on the beach. I

mean, how would you describe that? I get it you find it lazy, but it certainly flows gently with the melody and their delivery. 

“Sexy baby” line is something people who already don’t like her cling onto, because it sounds like something that can be taken not worthy or ridiculous just because of how it sounds out of the context even though her intention is perfectly understood by everyone. 

I know I sound like someone who defends her songscraft no matter what, but that’s not the case, because we are having discussion about something that actually works for her. Taylor is basically Science of Sleep type of movie musician. Goofy, serious, emotional, hearfelt, humorous. That’s why she is lauded actually, because she blends those elements to her advantage. She sometimes makes not so great songs, but at least she doesn’t hide it, because that adds up to her vision. 

Edited by Lemon

50 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Huh? Its clearly not as big as either of those songs, that doesnt mean i cant enjoy it?

of course you can enjoy the song

what i meant that anti-hero is not really that "stable" compared to as it was and flowers

Right now i am not quite sure whether anti-hero will end up being more remembered compaerd to smash hits flowers, as it was, unholy and i'm good, but i hope it will do a blank space a few years later and outstream them

Edited by wsurferwayne

• ATRL Moderator

Remember when BOZ told us Lana wasn't getting a verse on Snow on the Beach and we all had a collective meltdown, or when the sexy baby line was first discovered upon the album leaking, lmao I miss those days. 

And who could forget the constant gif spamming :dies:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

Listen, I get that this has kind of become more a base thread as opposed to an album thread, and that maybe some people's expectations weren't/haven't been met in terms of 'longevity' or 'smash hits' but in my mind blondie really came through with Midnights and I'm sure her team is planning something for LH so we have that to look forward to. The goal post for Taylor has and always will be in the hands of those who champion her supposed faults. Best to enjoy the mountain of music she's given us and celebrate her ongoing legacy methinks.

6 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Remember when BOZ told us Lana wasn't getting a verse on Snow on the Beach and we all had a collective meltdown, or when the sexy baby line was first discovered upon the album leaking, lmao I miss those days. 

Listen, I get that this has kind of become more a base thread as opposed to an album thread, and that maybe some people's expectations weren't/haven't been met in terms of 'longevity' or 'smash hits' but in my mind blondie really came through with Midnights and I'm sure her team is planning something for LH so we have that to look forward to. The goal post for Taylor has and always will be in the hands of those who champion her supposed faults. Best to enjoy the mountain of music she's given us and celebrate her ongoing legacy methinks.

the gif spamming had me screaming at the time

11 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

i kind of agree

to be honest i thought anti-hero could have been still in the top 5 global spotify, with around 4M streams

right now i just hope that anti-hero will maintain around 3m streams, once the tour starts hopefully it will probably rise to about 3.5 to 4M range!!!

I don't really expect LH to have a huge rise once the MV is released, but hopefully it will rise to at least 1.5M if being promoted!!!

Edited by wsurferwayne

16 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I need someone to go back and dig up the gif of the people throwing soup on that painting because the leaks were bad :dies:

And then when the album came out and it was actually good and the leaks were just really LQ (as per usual) and someone reversed the gif and the soup flew back into the can :dies:

Coming into this thread and seeing what new gif y'all were spamming was the best part of my day for like a month :dies:

I'm new in the forum but I can imagine how some people were crying because positions song was smashing over the fast disappearing Cardigan back in 2020. Or how positions album was outstreaming the flopping folklore. Now just two years after i guess even august from folklore makes more daily streams than that song. And folklore makes 2xtime more daily streams than that album (surpassed some day ago in total streams).  The way swifties never learn :coffee2:

Edited by vale9001

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I need someone to go back and dig up the gif of the people throwing soup on that painting because the leaks were bad :dies:

And then when the album came out and it was actually good and the leaks were just really LQ (as per usual) and someone reversed the gif and the soup flew back into the can :dies:

Coming into this thread and seeing what new gif y'all were spamming was the best part of my day for like a month :dies:

The people who listened to the leaks really tried to convince everyone that it was her worst album and Karma was a bad song

AHH the gif spamming :jonnycat:

Can we bring back that part of our culture?

spacer.png

Remember that one user who was so confused?? “Why do y’all keep using the same gifs??”  I was chokinggg :deadbanana2: :dies:

5 minutes ago, Dephira said:

The people who listened to the leaks really tried to convince everyone that it was her worst album and Karma was a bad song

Some of us listened to the leaks and tried to proselytise the goodness of Midnights, but I don't think we were taken seriously. People really wanted a reason to hate it (until it SMASHED right out of the gate lol). I fear these same people are the ones trashing it now for not being "successful enough", or whatever they've deluded for themselves. 

If we are going to bring the gifs back then we have to come back to this masterpiece:

uQZFHtD.gif 

Midnights her best pop album I know that's right. Jack AntonON haters can seethe. 1.5M units first week: Jack could, Max couldn't. 85 on metacritic: Jack could, Max couldn't. Bad Blood, Gorgeous, End Game: Jack couldn't, Max could.

uQZFHtD.gif 

uQZFHtD.gif uQZFHtD.gif uQZFHtD.gif 

uQZFHtD.gif 

uQZFHtD.gif 

Edited by Klein