Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

6 hours ago, timothymincer said:

Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) supposedly getting announced in February and coming with another short film.

But where is the Lavender Haze video? 👀

omg the 20 minute film with dear john + could've should've would've is coming?. 

Let's hope it's not a video about enchanted... i mean yeah we love it and it's already one of her classic but just another sweet pop love song and lacks originality at this point of her career, after everything she made after that.

This is the year of dragging the famous exes. Blondie you need to follow the trend. 

Edited by vale9001

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

2 hours ago, FAN said:

It’s interesting that Lavender Haze is #11 on Pop radio and has the playlisting, yet Midnight Rain has almost identical streams on Spotify :deadbanana:

Ive felt for a while now that radio seems to have very low correlation with number of streams. Its like they are completely different demographics A lot of songs are very strong on streaming with barely any radio play, and radio rarely seems to boost songs. 

a random recent example is Cuff It which had strong streams ever since it went Tik Tok viral, but the streams barely increased when it hit its peak on radio. 

Midnight Rain is performing really well in general though 

The replies in that thread I made :rip: they’re MAD mad

58 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Ive felt for a while now that radio seems to have very low correlation with number of streams. Its like they are completely different demographics A lot of songs are very strong on streaming with barely any radio play, and radio rarely seems to boost songs. 

a random recent example is Cuff It which had strong streams ever since it went Tik Tok viral, but the streams barely increased when it hit its peak on radio. 

Midnight Rain is performing really well in general though 

radios have still some impact for pop songs, escpially if you're a new name. For other genres they're totally irrelevant...i mean they're not because in the us they impact the charts but no impact in actual more sales or streams. Maybe they can help a little bit to stay stable too. 

Edited by vale9001

Dear John is such a mayonaise song :skull: It lacks flavor and goes on and on and onnnnnnnnnn. It's a drab. 

Hopefully she gives the attention to Enchanted TV and Sparks Fly TV. :gaycat2:

13 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Dear John is such a mayonaise song :skull: It lacks flavor and goes on and on and onnnnnnnnnn. It's a drab. 

I'm usually willing to overlook bad taste but this is too much :biblio:

19 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

i hope this is a troll post sister 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I'm usually willing to overlook bad taste but this is too much :biblio:

You will not only overlook it BUT you will AGREE with me actually. Dear John, whilst lyrically interesting, is sonically boring AF. It's the definition of uninspired melodically speaking (IMO). :eli: It is definitely NOT the highlight of Speak Now like many like to exclaim in this fan base. I am sorry girls! :-* 

1 minute ago, PopA911 said:

i hope this is a troll post sister 

spacer.png

I'm afraid not! 

We all have our hot takes. I'm just braver than most with mine clearly :eli: 

meanlore.gif

WCS kinda ended Dear John's whole career. Dear John is cute for a song solo written when she was a teenager, but I don't think she'd put out such a plodding and melodically non-descript song anymore 

I think I've entered an alternate reality... DEAR JOHN SLANDER? You people have lost it 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

27 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I think I've entered an alternate reality... DEAR JOHN SLANDER? You people have lost it 

I thought I was in an OTH thread at first

DJ is not a good song, y'all :deadbanana2:

It just drags and that Joooooooooooooooooooohn in the chorus just sounds bad. 

Dear John's bridge decimates most of Taylor's entire albums. The Dear John disrespect will not be tolerated.

1 minute ago, Axolotl said:

Dear John's bridge decimates most of Taylor's entire albums. The Dear John disrespect will not be tolerated.

ABSOLUTELY. I will not tolerate DJ hate 

Dear John’s melody is better than 90% of Midnights. To not even mention the lyrics that destroy all of it.

some of y’all really are BORED to come for DJ :biblio:

No oscars for miss swift :sad: 

Dear Johns bridge alone is career highlight what am I seeing here 💀

Dear John is great. The only Peak Now song that deserves some lashings is Never Grown On Me :mazen:

Dear John hate :deadbanana4:

From multiple people :deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

10 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Dear John hate :deadbanana4:

From multiple people :deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Good god, I just logged in for the day but let me log right back out after everything I just read. :biblionny: