Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

14 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Pop Album, Pop Vocal, Pop Duo/Group,SOTY, ROTY and AOTY/Music Video as the maybe?

Manifesting Best Country Song and Country Solo Performance for Enchanted (30 Minute Version)

lol no (not to jinx her...) but AOTY is the most locked nom even if it was still 5 in the category instead of the current 10 (but I don't want her to win it for this one...)

SOTY and ROTY for AH and I'd love for LH to smash and get the Pop solo instead of AH, Pop album is locked too

the maybe is pop duo, they may jump on the Taylana train or if she remixes a future single. Video may also be a 7th...

would love for Enchanted TV or a vault track or duet to collect some extra noms too...

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

She really wants ha oscar nomination. What's gonna happen when the academy says NO to her one more time :giraffe:

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The concept of the album is confessional intimate night music and they think a cringefest overproduced rock production is what the songs are needing :rip:.

Antonoff production is minimal and perfect to fit the concept. Not every album has to sound grandeur. Every album before, especially the pop ones, are made by so much triumphalist pop music this sound of midnights is so very welcome for me. 

They think doing this kind of thing is so easy but she worked, for a reason, more on this album than on reputation. 

:clap3:

The understated moodiness and murky electronic sonic landscape really fit the concept of the album, especially on a song like Maroon. The way they thought they did something when they replaced the last chorus that she sings in her lower register with the full first and second chorus, when the entire point is that it sounds like that because it represents an echoing, hunting thought that she can't put away and that is constantly playing in the back of her mind. The last chorus actually sounds like anxiety. 

dead at her getting the 13th certified album this year...

only 8 gold, 4 platinum and she's the only multi platinum one, if they waited a bit more for the recap it would've been at 3x :dies:

5 minutes ago, LastKiss said:

She really wants ha oscar nomination. What's gonna happen when the academy says NO to her one more time :giraffe:

I mean why her team is lying to her like that?.

I remember when John Landis made a huge campaign for Thriller and it didn't get nominate. I mean Thriller, who didn't see it at that time?.

I hope she's not really believing it and it's just accepting meeting with the director guild and other things like that just to make new experiences (i guess at this point nothing is more boring for her than music  promo:ducky:). 

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

According to RIAA Midnights is the most selling album of 2022. We already knew but still official news

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/taylor-swift-midnights-top-platinum-album-2022-1235453757/

But its not. Un Verano Sin Ti is still ahead a few more weeks

8 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

:clap3:

The understated moodiness and murky electronic sonic landscape really fit the concept of the album, especially on a song like Maroon. The way they thought they did something when they replaced the last chorus that she sings in her lower register with the full first and second chorus, when the entire point is that it sounds like that because it represents an echoing, hunting thought that she can't put away and that is constantly playing in the back of her mind. The last chorus actually sounds like anxiety. 

The multiplatimum pop writer with 6 grammy nominations as song of the year is her and not them for a season sis. 

4 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

dead at her getting the 13th certified album this year...

only 8 gold, 4 platinum and she's the only multi platinum one, if they waited a bit more for the recap it would've been at 3x :dies:

Would it have been?

I'm still not over folklore being updated to 2x platinum

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

But its not. Un Verano Sin Ti is still ahead a few more weeks

RIIA is about shipments maybe. 

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Omg wow what a talented director! She should defo get an Oscar for this! Love that She explained the whole film at the end, so we could understand it :clap3: 

Can she pay any TikToker to dance to Lavender Haze so we can snatch another #1 after holiday season?

30 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

RIIA is about shipments maybe. 

RIAA is just stupid.

UVST is well over 3M, just not certified. Midnights is maybe close to 3M with shipments, but its 2x platinum for now. Just like everything from Taylor recently being certified 1x platinum too low. Midnights should at least have been very close to 3x platinum right now. Its at 2.9M units moved with this tracking week

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

RIAA is just stupid.

UVST is well over 3M, just not certified. Midnights is maybe close to 3M with shipments, but its 2x platinum for now. Just like everything from Taylor recently being certified 1x platinum too low. Midnights should at least have been very close to 3x platinum right now. Its at 2.9M units moved with this tracking week

For what i know RIAA certifications are not automatic like in a lot of countries (Uk for example) but labels have to ask (and pay)for them.

This is the reason all her old material is not certified anymore from almost 3 years. Blank space was certified 8XP in july 2018. Since then the song earned like 800M spotify streams, just for that is Diamond for sure but i really doubt they will certified it.

20 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

Can she pay any TikToker to dance to Lavender Haze so we can snatch another #1 after holiday season?

song is coming for radio top 10 on january. The video that week plus a couple of remixes and we got it without tiktokers

spacer.png

Edited by vale9001

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

For what i know RIAA certifications are not automatic like in a lot of countries (Uk for example) but labels have to ask (and pay)for them.

This is the reason all her old material is not certified anymore from almost 3 years. Blank space was certified 8XP in july 2018. Since then the song earned like 800M spotify streams, just for that is Diamond for sure but i really doubt they will certified it.

I know. But even the stuff she certified with the release of Midnights is all too low.

Folklore, evermore, Lover, Willow, Cardigan 

The new SZA album has 23 songs, another week at #2 

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

I know. But even the stuff she certified with the release of Midnights is all too low.

Folklore, evermore, Lover, Willow, Cardigan 

yeah republic records is slow. I mean every song of folklore is at least gold right?.

I hope before the tour (often labels make a certification fest before a particular event) we're gonna have tons of new ceritifications. 

The last great american dynasty, my tears richochet, august, champagne problems are silver in the Uk (200K copies) so they're platinum in the Us for sure right now. 

Just now, Russell22 said:

well even with just 15 songs Sza would have easily outsold. 

8 minutes ago, Russell22 said:

I think she’s gonna do Red TV streaming #’s honestly which is huge for her. Olivia will do even better when she releases but I’m not sure if she’ll touch Midnights first day, we’ll see

1 =
Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy
65 1 (x19) 87.13 +0.04            
2 =
Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero
48 2 (x17) 84.38 +0.92

get that #1 anti-flop :bam:

10 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

LMAO :dies:

this is actually insane :skull: there has to be a chance of ATW getting nominated because.. :deadbanana2:I guess there is something we don't know?

I feel like she might get some blowback from this, her name is so out of place with everyone else that is listed. If she actually gets nominated or even wins for a glorified music video.