Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

Spill sis

I may sound lame, but her ambition and work ethic is truly inspiring

and yes the goal in this situation is kind of a long shot, but I love that she's not afraid of trying despite knowing damn well that so many are perched for her to fail and find something to drag her for...

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Would it have been?

I'm still not over folklore being updated to 2x platinum

not sure with how messy republic have been with these incomplete certifications...

did folklore finish the year with 1x or 2x? I can't remember

24 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I can't with the undergrad film class project and Banshees of Inisherin being discussed in the same interview. Is she going to sneak into the director's roundtable next  :dies:

Not you manifesting this 

2 hours ago, Great Username said:

Omg wow what a talented director! She should defo get an Oscar for this! Love that She explained the whole film at the end, so we could understand it :clap3: 

To be honest 90% of hollywood directors just sounds like this. 

2 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

LMAO :dies:

:bibliahh:
Soon the ATW short film campagne will finally be over... i dont think she has EVER promoted something more than this one ******* short film :rip: And the fact that it is mid... :redface:

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-size_restricte

Edited by TaylenaStan

3 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

LMAO :dies:

3 hours ago, enchanted0 said:

this is actually insane :skull: there has to be a chance of ATW getting nominated because.. :deadbanana2:I guess there is something we don't know?

2 hours ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I feel like she might get some blowback from this, her name is so out of place with everyone else that is listed. If she actually gets nominated or even wins for a glorified music video.

2 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

I doubt she’ll get nominated. It’s cute that she’s trying though 

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I can't with the undergrad film class project and Banshees of Inisherin being discussed in the same interview. Is she going to sneak into the director's roundtable next  :dies:

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

57 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

:bibliahh:
Soon the ATW short film campagne will finally be over... i dont think she has EVER promoted something more than this one ******* short film :rip: And the fact that it is mid... :redface:

Tell this to the Twitter Swifties who genuinely believe the ATW short film is the Citizen Kane of our generation and deserving of multiple Oscars.

Not this ATW discourse again :rip: Where would we be now if it was up to some of you, who didn't even want her to win VOTY for ATW? :redface:

20 minutes ago, mael said:

The short film was so bad. Hope She gets dragged for it.  :rip:

Do you even post something positive about her anyway?

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

The amount of hot takes you keep posting in here:rip:  Stop trying to be @Great Username, you will never be @Great Username :toofunny2:

Just posting my honest opinion!

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

Do you even post something positive about her anyway?

Yes, please read through this thread. 

Things to look forward to in Tay's musical career:

- All the other re recordings

- A Xmas album

- A stadium rock album

- An inevitable big return to country for one of her future albums

- A potential Greatest Hits album (GH albums are useless in the streaming age but I feel like she could make it a massive event of sorts maybe in like the 2030s...)

Just some of the fun things we can look forward to in the next like 10 years of her career. There's SO much fun to come :smitten: 

I see the thread still cant accept the fact that ATW is going to win an Oscar :coffee2:

Gave this album one cursory listen around the time it came out and didn't like it. Earlier today, however, something made me give it another listen and "Maroon" and "You're On Your Own, Kid" clicked instantly with me. Great songs!

Vigilante Skit is one of my favorites from this.

Why is it hated so much?

mael

The last page in here is so embarrassing :rip: The constant ass-kissing to OTH by pretending she deserves nothing. News flash: actual respected film directors and actors are in her corner here, and their opinion matters far more. I’ll trust them instead. Just today Guillermo retweeted Variety’s prediction that she will get nominated. It seems they understand she’s new to this but has potential, therefore are helping her out. Something apparently none of ATRL can grasp, since you all genuinely think she’s going into this pretending she’s a veteran director… which couldn’t be further from the truth. 

This reminds me of when many of you in this thread hoped Midnights would be panned after hearing the leak :lmao: Or how multiple people said ATW shouldn’t win VOTY. Do some of you even like her? Her output is apparently never good enough so it’s a mystery, truly 

Edited by Holiest Dreams

22 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I see the thread still cant accept the fact that ATW is going to win an Oscar :coffee2:

From your lips to Oscar voters ears.

I can't remember the last time I saw a campaign for this category 

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Vigilante Skit is one of my favorites from this.

Why is it hated so much?

mael

It doesn't fit with the rest of the album for me. It's the song who tries more to sound like a viral song but it's cute.

26 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Hopefully :clap: