Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

58 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

AH is so acclaimed we love to see it. It’s coming for her first ROTY nomination in 8 years :jonny:

If you think about it, she could still get her long awaited SOTY with AH even if ATW loses it this year :jonny5: 

Personally though, my dream would be for her to get SOTY for ATW and ROTY for AH. Imagine the back to back slayage, and then she’d have a Grammy in all 3 main categories :jonny5: 

IK it’s not likely tho :giraffe:  I’m just glad AH is getting the acclaim it deserves. Truly a perfect lead single choice

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

24 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

:ahh: 

INTHAF stans RISE! :jonnycat: we need it to go viral and finally beat the flop allegations 

5 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

INTHAF stans RISE! :jonnycat: we need it to go viral and finally beat the flop allegations 

Yasss once it crossed 100M, it’s over for the haters. They can’t even drag it as the worst lover track since ME! exists, whooo :jonny5: 

Taylor Swift's career trajectory with Midnights is so interesting. She's at a point in her career where she's so old in the industry she's done it all. But there's still so much to climb for her, and its clear she's willing to put the work in. She's still also very young. 

I love that while she is a geriatric in pop girl years the public still sees her and treats her as this brand new shiny thing, and her fear was always having her shine dull out. She's constantly reinvented herself and now come Grammy season, she could still be in the running and being a contender for being both the most commercially and critically lauded artist of that night its crazy, 17 years in.

I'd honestly love for Taylor, if she chooses to stick to pop, to do an R&B pop era, basically what Sabrina's Nonsense/Ariana's work is. She's done pop 4 times now yet she's never done that carefree lovey dovey r&b pop and with her beautiful lower register, she can separate herself from the girls that do the sound by focusing on the beauty of her lower register. An album full of Afterglows, I Think He Knows, Lavender Haze, Glitches, So It Goes...

if she loses SOTY this edition in 2024 it would be the 7th nomination in the category without winning. She's the Amy adams- Glenn Close of the category. 

10 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

:jonny5: 

Two smashes ready for that medley at the Grammys. 

Edited by vale9001

Anti Hero is such a good song. best song she could release as a lead isngle for this album

Anti-Hero, Blank Space and All Too Well (10 minute version) are easily her best #1 singles and best shots at winning SOTY (Anti-Hero the most so)

5 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Imagine how tired we are of her Oscars campaign 

2 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Imagine how tired we are of her Oscars campaign 

She really thinks they're gonna nominate her for a music video :ninja:.

Girl just promote Carolina. 

Edited by vale9001

A month and a half later and Maroon is still a career highlight :cries: Some of these ladies truly ****** Her up :cries: 

22 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

Wait :camping:

"rock"

what is this corny bullshit :ahh: 

43 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

This is awful :rip:. It sounds like a generic forgotten mid aughts Avril Lavigne album track :psyduck:.

Edited by Cleanromantic

36 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Loved this :smitten:

when any of you who are fuming in here becomes remotely as productive as her then we'll talk. so if you don't like something, certainly no one is begging you to stay...

5 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Loved this :smitten:

when any of you who are fuming in here becomes remotely as productive as her then we'll talk. so if you don't like something, certainly no one is begging you to stay...

Spill sis

51 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

I'm so grateful she doesn't take musical advice from her fans :giraffe:

The concept of the album is confessional intimate night music and they think a cringefest overproduced rock production is what the songs are needing :rip:.

Antonoff production is minimal and perfect to fit the concept. Not every album has to sound grandeur. Every album before, especially the pop ones, are made by so much triumphalist pop music this sound of midnights is so very welcome for me. 

They think doing this kind of thing is so easy but she worked, for a reason, more on this album than on reputation. 

Edited by vale9001