Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

7 minutes ago, Klein said:

If we are going to bring the gifs back then we have to come back to this masterpiece:

uQZFHtD.gif 

Midnights her best pop album I know that's right. Jack AntonON haters can seethe. 1.5M units first week: Jack could, Max couldn't. 85 on metacritic: Jack could, Max couldn't. Bad Blood, Gorgeous, End Game: Jack couldn't, Max could.

uQZFHtD.gif 

uQZFHtD.gif uQZFHtD.gif uQZFHtD.gif 

uQZFHtD.gif 

uQZFHtD.gif 

I can't believe you went back and found this nnnnnnn

uQZFHtD.gifuQZFHtD.gifuQZFHtD.gif

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

I’m HERE for the gif spamming again 

uQZFHtD.gif

43 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm new in the forum but I can imagine how some people were crying because positions song was smashing over the fast disappearing Cardigan back in 2020. Or how positions album was outstreaming the flopping folklore. Now just two years after i guess even august from folklore makes more daily streams than that song. And folklore makes 2xtime more daily streams than that album (surpassed some day ago in total streams).  The way swifties never learn :coffee2:

What does Positions have to do with Folklore and what does Folklore have to do with Midnights album thread? Y'all never learn to live peacefully without bothering others.

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Some of us listened to the leaks and tried to proselytise the goodness of Midnights, but I don't think we were taken seriously. People really wanted a reason to hate it (until it SMASHED right out of the gate lol). I fear these same people are the ones trashing it now for not being "successful enough", or whatever they've deluded for themselves. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

Oh trust me I remember. I listened to leak back then and never doubted my sanity more. Everyone kept saying how bad Midnights was, meanwhile listening to it was white (like crack cocaine)

1 hour ago, wsurferwayne said:

of course you can enjoy the song

what i meant that anti-hero is not really that "stable" compared to as it was and flowers

Right now i am not quite sure whether anti-hero will end up being more remembered compaerd to smash hits flowers, as it was, unholy and i'm good, but i hope it will do a blank space a few years later and outstream them

I mostly meant the medium term streams, like in the next year or so. Anti-Hero fell off a bit compared to Easy on Me after the first month, but it has since shown a lot of stability in the bottom half of the Top 10 of the streaming charts. For instance, 45 days after release, Easy on Me had 5.8 million streams. At the same point, Anti-Hero had 4.2 million streams. Now, 3 months after release, Anti-Hero had 3.2 million streams on a Sunday and Easy on Me had 3.4 million. In streaming that kind of long tail matters a lot and it does seem like Anti-Hero will have a lot longevity in the coming months and years. It's definitely has a timeless feel compared to party songs like I'm Good especially 

Edited by Dephira

Anyways, Anti-Hero is a big hit, it doesn't have to be the biggest song of the year for it to be a smash. 

5 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Oh trust me I remember. I listened to leak back then and never doubted my sanity more. Everyone kept saying how bad Midnights was, meanwhile listening to it was white (like crack cocaine)

Exactly!

I couldn't stop listening to Her masterpieces, all while watching people denigrate some of Her best songs ever. Whoever was talking **** about Maroon is not seeing heaven.

Edited by wastedpotential

1 hour ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Also, if anyone runs those Spotify swift accounts here: could you change the percentage presented in the spreadsheet from daily to weekly? It makes more sense to compare the numbers to the same day the previous week than the day before the same week right? That way we can see week over week performance. Anti hero has been having red percentages on those spreadsheets even though it did better this week compared to last week

Midnights can GO and make room for Speak Now TV already.

spacer.png

There’s no more mystery surrounding the catfish photos she served us. It was just another synthpop album.

spacer.png

The way we all thought she’s gonna serve 70s alternative pop rock.

At least Speak Now TV will actually deliver long, unfiltered songs, with epic solo electric guitars and BIG strings. What is she waiting for?

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I can't believe you went back and found this nnnnnnn

uQZFHtD.gifuQZFHtD.gifuQZFHtD.gif

Would it surprise you if I said that it was on the very first page I went back to, which is page 1300? 

uQZFHtD.gif

Edited by Klein

8 minutes ago, ariananext said:

What does Positions have to do with Folklore and what does Folklore have to do with Midnights album thread? Y'all never learn to live peacefully without bothering others.

Aren't you the one who open a thread about Taylor not having smash streaming hits?. And not only quoting an article but adding a comment with an untrue number about the remixes? :cupid:

Anyway some of they are mad cause kill bill is doing a little bit less so i was just thinking to their panic when positions started to make more, I can imagine Foklore is a flop, her career is over and all of that. And now it's still in the top 20 of global spotify 

Positions is a big album who came some months after folklore (like sza album)  I don't care if it's ariana or ed sheeran, just a similar case who came in my mind. 

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

Aren't you the one who open a thread about Taylor not having smash streaming hits?. And not only quoting an article but adding a comment with an untrue number about the remixes? :cupid:

Anyway some of they are mad cause kill bill is doing a little bit less so i was just thinking to their panic when positions started to make more, I can imagine Foklore is a flop, her career is over and all of that. And now it's still in the top 20 of global spotify 

Positions is a big album who came some months after folklore (like sza album)  I don't care if it's ariana or ed sheeran, just a similar case who came in my mind. 

Babygirl if you remember my 2020 posts so well you might not be as new of a member as you claim :heart:

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

Would it surprise you if I said that it was on the very first page I went back to, which is page 1300? 

uQZFHtD.gif

nnnnn that's just luck there 

uQZFHtD.gif

Anyway who's bopping to Karma, Bejeweled, Lavender Haze, Anti-Hero, Paris and Anti-Hero today? 

uQZFHtD.gif

Who is crying to Would've Could've Should've and Bigger Than The Whole Sky today? 

uQZFHtD.gif

Who is getting lost in Maroon, Dear Reader, The Great War, Sweet Nothing or Labyrinth today? 

uQZFHtD.gif

Who is hating on Vigilante **** and Snow On The Beach today?

uQZFHtD.gif

Who is waiting for Hits Different to hit Spotify today? 

uQZFHtD.gif

I sure am.

uQZFHtD.gif

50 minutes ago, Dephira said:

The people who listened to the leaks really tried to convince everyone that it was her worst album and Karma was a bad song

When they tried to convince us the lyrics are atrocious

OE28L8P.gif

1 minute ago, Catch22 said:

When they tried to convince us the lyrics are atrocious

OE28L8P.gif

It was so funny, since every lyric they were worried about ended up being a highlight

OE28L8P.gif

The way Bejesus was universally panned by people that listened to the leaks. Look at her now

OE28L8P.gif

Just now, By the Water said:

When Karma lyrics leaked... I was a bit worried ngl

I was too but look at the bop it ended up being.

uQZFHtD.gif

Never trust the tasteless is the lesson to get out of this mess. 

uQZFHtD.gif

Most streamed songs on Midnights yesterday:

9. Would've, Could've, Should've [+2]

10. The Great War [+2]

11. Mastermind [-1]

12. Vigilante **** [-3]

We love talent winning

uQZFHtD.gif

7 minutes ago, By the Water said:

When Karma lyrics leaked... I was a bit worried ngl

Same, but She didn't let us down. Karma is a cat, indeed!

The way I had a meltdown in HoliestDreams DMs when yall said there was a sexy baby lyric...

OE28L8P.gif

I never understood what was wrong with the "sexy baby" lyrics, lmao. Maybe because English is not my first language, in my mind there are tons of pop songs saying that.

21 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Most streamed songs on Midnights yesterday:

9. Would've, Could've, Should've [+2]

10. The Great War [+2]

11. Mastermind [-1]

12. Vigilante **** [-3]

We love talent winning

uQZFHtD.gif

WCS, TGW and Mastermind above VS? About damn time.mp3

uQZFHtD.gif

17 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

I never understood what was wrong with the "sexy baby" lyrics, lmao. Maybe because English is not my first language, in my mind there are tons of pop songs saying that.

yeah me too, so the reason maybe it's what your saying. For me instantly just sounds clear, sometimes i feel like everybody around me is hot and i'm ugly.

Maybe for english speakers the word baby sounds out of context cause they usually use it an different context, I don't know. 

Edited by vale9001