Golden Hit: Season 2 📀 Congratulations Hug! 🏆

Aurora

Join us tonight at 7PM EST for the FINALE of Golden Hit Season 2!

We’ll be revealing all the hidden scores from Rounds 4 and 5, the results of Round 6, and of course the final averages from throughout the season!

Tonight we’ll have a new winner of Golden Hit, and I can’t wait to see who it will be. Beside that, I hope everybody is also looking forward to celebrating this season as a whole and all of the fantastic songs that have been created during its duration!

7PM EST is about 9 hours from this post, and here is a countdown to when the finale will begin so you can check the time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20221006T19&p0=179&msg=Golden+Hit+Season+2+Finale!&font=cursive

We hope to see you here!

:bird:

@hurricane326 @Hug @Legend E @worldwide angel @JoeAg @Achilles. @Euterpe @Augmented @Julia Fox @beatinglikeadrum @XO_Life @Remmy @Temporal @Gavin. @TruGemini @Kylie Jenner @Allday @Better Mistakes @Jack! @DatChickDoe @EpicSongFan @camfuckingrockwell @Element

:heart:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, fountain said:

spacer.png

Legend E - Interviewing Myself 

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Legend E - Interviewing Myself 

:bibliahh:

Ribbon-Reviews-S2-8thPrince.png

The end :sad: Thank you all for your entries, it's been a pleasure!

XO_Life - Evilist / Evilist (After Thoughts)

I definitely can tell you worked hard for this song, and I applaud you for it! It’s clearly the most expanded song you’ve submitted so far, and I’m sort of into the idea of After Thoughts being a post-song outro. I was a fan of your early (underrated!) songs, and it’s been great seeing you expand your pop style to tackle character studies, such as in Round 4, and here again, all while making it catchy. I thought using a rare word like “evilist” and making it so prominent in the song was a risk, but I think it paid off as it made for a good title and a memorable hook. This was a good closer to your Season 2 journey, I look forward to seeing how you do in Season 3!

Hug - Deep in the Expanse

I thought my Google Docs was malfunctioning for a minute. How meta! I think it was a good idea to write about how you didn’t know what to write about, writer’s block/anti-inspiration has been the source of some good songs. There’s the additional layer of you writing it in a metaphorical way, rather than a literal one, which I also found artful. I don’t think this is a miss like you may have thought it was! For starters, this was exactly how I imagined my challenge might be accomplished, I believe you executed that perfectly. I appreciate your commitment to your style, both here and throughout the entirety of the season: Pop but done right! I see my own writing in yours, so maybe I’m a bit biased, lol. But it’s been great reading your entries this season, as I always knew I’d get something well written and digestible. Great job this season!

Euterpe - My New Birthday

I love that you gave us a Halloween song, and kinda bummed the season’s window was slightly off so we couldn’t get a dedicated challenge! This is definitely a song where the second read gives it a whole new context since the twist isn’t fully revealed until the bridge. I like that it begs for a second read with that context, it’s a nice showcase of your writing ability. We definitely needed a spot of fun for this finale, and you delivered. I’ve really come to enjoy your writing over the season, and you’ve dropped several songs that have captured my imagination, all of them unique. I hope to see more of it in Season 3, great showing this season!

Julia Fox - The Knife that Changed It All

First off, I’m so relieved that this song’s ending isn’t what you experienced in real life. This piece was very unfiltered, and I think that’s what fountain was going for with their challenge. It was a great choice to go for that challenge, as you did a good job of exploring the aftermath and mix of emotions the protagonist experiences after this event. The detailing did give the sense that this was something that really occurred. I’m impressed with your versatility, and how you delivered this grounded song after also delivering more abstract ones. I think this puts a fine cap on your season. Nice work!

StormFury - Their Names

To be totally honest, I didn’t think it was self-explanatory, but I do like being able to interpret it a bit. I interpreted it as a back and forth between the narrator and another voice (Either a family member or their inner voice?) criticizing the narrator. Perhaps the narrator struggles with depression or some other sickness, and this second voice is just telling them to “will” themselves out of it, but these efforts burn out the narrator even more. Despite my finding it a little abstract, it is an easy read! I think this is an uptick from last round, definitely. You delivered many strong songs that had presence, and really defined this season. I thank you for sticking through to the end, and congratulate you on the great run!

Legend E - Creating Oceans (The Book)

Just as a start, I really liked that opening verse. I think it was great to give us this narrative/character study, and it works as a finale song. We got the beginning of the relationship, its development and end, and you did a good job of establishing the subject of the song’s character. (AKA I hated them by the end!) It kind of reminds me of all the positives of Spa Night from back in Round 2, In that we’re seeing a heavy, emotional story being told. All in all, a very nice submission. Although I haven’t been able to share excerpts from your pieces, just know you had a lot over the season that struck me! Thank you for submitting!

Worldwide angel - Nevermore

I love that you took your structural signatures (Full length stanzas with clipped syntax) and applied it to a new, menacing mood. You nailed the idea of controlled chaos. This makes a great contrast to your usual lighter themes, and illustrates the theme you were going for just as well. You surprised me with your diversity, and what better time than at the finale? Obviously, I think you did a great job. In my eyes, you definitely were one of the strongest and most consistent writers week after week, and I’m very glad to have been able to read your entries! Congrats on the fine season, and here’s hoping you join Season 3 as well!

Augmented - the surrender

I do see how it’s not complete, and I’m sorry you weren’t able to complete your trilogy on your own terms. I hope one day you may be able to revisit it so that you can give it the ending you think it deserves! What you do have here is compelling, which is a testament to your ability. I can feel the tension–tension without a resolve–but in its own way, it still sort of works as an open conclusion to your trilogy? Regardless of it not ending how you envisioned, I commend your commitment to give some sense of conclusion to what you set out to do, it was definitely the most ambitious series of songs this season! I hope that we’ll see more of your creativity in future seasons, and that you’re able to recharge and build up your motivation until that day.

Beatinglikeadrum - alcohol dependence syndrome/abandoned child syndrome

This was really an interesting idea, to combine more than the required two challenges. I did find it a bit of a miss, however. You’ve got a great backstory and two good characters, which would make for a good foundation of a duet, but the majority of the song is exposition. Emotions and events are plainly described as they appear, which didn’t really grip me. Additionally, nothing develops much in the story, so there’s not a narrative to grab here. I did like the parallelism of the line “mother heard me cry, and father heard you cry” and how that mirrors the structure of the song, where both characters are addressing the other, and more of those clever tricks would’ve elevated this. Regardless of my opinion on this single entry, songs like Melatonin clearly resonated with the panel and showed how big of a force you were this season. I thank you for allowing us to read your work this whole time!

TruGemini - Applause

This was a really creative and memorable way to end the season! Thank you for submitting a song that’s so clearly personal. The idea that one (Depression vs Persistence) can’t succeed (ie We can’t get to a healthy mental state) by prioritizing/letting the other one dominate is a really compelling theme, and one I think people need to hear. Now, I would be lying if I said the songcraft isn’t a little bit of a miss for me. The line length/meter and how some of the rhyme schemes are stretched does make the song take a hit. But I do want to applaud you for taking what could be a really heavy theme and making it fun/uplifting. It kind of gave musical, tbh! Overall, thank you for giving us these catchy songs all season, they always stood out, in my eyes!

Remmy - Being Myself

Okay well just to be straight-up, I thought this was great. Going with this musical idea was a good call, and this had a lot of dry and witty humor in it that I thought worked well, all packaged with the catchiness you’d expect of a good musical number. I don’t have much criticism, it was just really charming! You said you only wanted a rose token, but none of the entries you submitted felt like you were phoning them in, so it’s a token well earned! Your output is proof that Golden Hit’s open participation system is its best attribute. Nice work this season!

JoeAg - Eleventh Hour

The last song being the Eleventh Hour, how fitting! You’ve written an entire story here, and have made sure it develops, rather than simply narrates the setting. There’s a sense of drama and romance, and I can feel the personalities of the two characters. I think you took advantage of the chorus challenge in just the way I intended, so it was a great pick for your narrative. I can’t say I always “got” your entries, but I recognized your consistency and the strong “brand” your writing has. This song feels very much like something uniquely yours, as have your other songs. I thank you for being so consistent in submitting this season, and for you recording them, too! To sign off your review, and the end of the season, I’d like to quote my favorite line, which is also your songs final line: “And now, James and Joe are the infinite heroes of the road/And the road belongs to us”

Edited by 8thPrince

@Aurora @8thPrince @fountain @Jackson

Thank you guys so much! :heart2:

I really appreciate all the time you guys have spend reviewing our songs. Thanks for all the constructive feedback. 

It was nice getting back to song writing again since haven't seriously written in years. It was fun having something to do after work that was creative & fun! :heart2:

I am also happy that you guys liked my final effort for the season. The song really means a lot to me since it is outside my comfort zone and I had to rewrite it alot, however I think "Evilist" combines all the feedback I have gotten throughout the season and still reflects my personal style as a writer. Thanks for the opportunity to grow! :heart2:

This game also gave me the opportunity to work on my english skills since I am not a native speaker and I don't live in an English speaking country.

Edited by XO_Life

1 hour ago, 8thPrince said:

I see my own writing in yours, so maybe I’m a bit biased, lol.

This comment is especially interesting because it's very similar to our collab from a while back, Kite Without String. I ended up thinking of that when I realized my theme this week was writer's block. How poetic!

--

I did read + appreciate all my reviews by the way! It's been wonderful participating in this season <3

It's 4pm here and I have some stuff to do around the house but I'll try to pop in a few times :alexz3: plus I only really need to be here for R6 + overall results since I didn't participate in R5 and R4 was just a last-place droplet :lakitu: I still want to reply to my reviews as well.

Thank you for the final reviews of the season :heart2:  Regardless of how I feel about my songs, it’s nice to know there was at least an element of enjoyment to be had from them.

Good luck on the results and scoring everyone :heart:

7:06 and we don't have the winner of the season + all the scores and overall song score chart for the entire season...pick it UP... :grump:

17 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

@Aurora @8thPrince @fountain @Jackson

Thank you guys so much! :heart2:

I really appreciate all the time you guys have spend reviewing our songs. Thanks for all the constructive feedback. 

It was nice getting back to song writing again since haven't seriously written in years. It was fun having something to do after work that was creative & fun! :heart2:

I am also happy that you guys liked my final effort for the season. The song really means a lot to me since it is outside my comfort zone and I had to rewrite it alot, however I think "Evilist" combines all the feedback I have gotten throughout the season and still reflects my personal style as a writer. Thanks for the opportunity to grow! :heart2:

This game also gave me the opportunity to work on my english skills since I am not a native speaker and I don't live in an English speaking country.

Thank you :heart2: Evilist was top 3 for me this week - it really did feel like you incorporated all your feedback and wrote something true to your style but even stronger

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Ahh hello and welcome to the finale of Golden Hit Season 2!!

Genuinely, it has been such an amazing season of writing again. You have all produced such fantastic and creative entries throughout the six rounds, and above all else I want this finale to be in honour of all of you amazing people!

We'll be beginning first off with revealing the scores from Rounds 4 and 5 which have been left hidden until now. Both of these rounds were so impressive and the scores are really high, so now you can finally all know and we can congratulate you all on those!

Then we'll be moving on to the results for Round 6. Spoiler alert but this was another really strong round.

And then of course, we'll finally be revealing the average scores that you have earned throughout the season, and ultimately the player who has ranked first and can call themselves the winner of Golden Hit Season 2!

But first, and big thank you to everybody who has taken part this season. Whether you submitted once and we never saw you again, or you submitted everything single round, we appreciate it all regardless. Thank you for allowing this season to be a success.

Now, without further ado... lets go!

@StormFury @Hug @Legend E @worldwide angel @JoeAg @Achilles. @Euterpe @Augmented @Julia Fox @beatinglikeadrum @XO_Life @Remmy @Temporal @Gavin. @TruGemini @Kylie Jenner @Allday @Better Mistakes @Jack! @DatChickDoe @EpicSongFan @camfuckingrockwell @Element

Just now, fountain said:

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Ahh hello and welcome to the finale of Golden Hit Season 2!!

Genuinely, it has been such an amazing season of writing again. You have all produced such fantastic and creative entries throughout the six rounds, and above all else I want this finale to be in honour of all of you amazing people!

We'll be beginning first off with revealing the scores from Rounds 4 and 5 which have been left hidden until now. Both of these rounds were so impressive and the scores are really high, so now you can finally all know and we can congratulate you all on those!

Then we'll be moving on to the results for Round 6. Spoiler alert but this was another really strong round.

And then of course, we'll finally be revealing the average scores that you have earned throughout the season, and ultimately the player who has ranked first and can call themselves the winner of Golden Hit Season 2!

But first, and big thank you to everybody who has taken part this season. Whether you submitted once and we never saw you again, or you submitted everything single round, we appreciate it all regardless. Thank you for allowing this season to be a success.

Now, without further ado... lets go!

@StormFury @Hug @Legend E @worldwide angel @JoeAg @Achilles. @Euterpe @Augmented @Julia Fox @beatinglikeadrum @XO_Life @Remmy @Temporal @Gavin. @TruGemini @Kylie Jenner @Allday @Better Mistakes @Jack! @DatChickDoe @EpicSongFan @camfuckingrockwell @Element

Round 4 full score leak coming in ~2 minutes! Post your theories. :duca:

Just now, Aurora said:

Round 4 full score leak coming in ~2 minutes! Post your theories. :duca:

@Euterpe10s across the board I fear

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Ribbon-Challenge-S2-R4.png

Rank Writer Song Title Score
1 @Euterpe “Wasteland” 9.613
2 @Hug “[C:\DIGITAL-DYSTOPIA]” (feat. Alluring Name) 9.375
3 @Augmented “The Battle” 8.518
4 @XO_Life “Only Ones Who Know” 8.438
5 @Legend E “Interviewing Myself” 8.188
6 @JoeAg “It’s Your Shade of Blue Now” 8.063
7 @StormFury “Autumn” 8
8 @TruGemini “Long Road” 7.77
9 @beatinglikeadrum “xxx (forbidden prayer)” 7.313
10 @Better Mistakes “Cruel World” 7.25
11 @Julia Fox “I will know” 7.188
12 @Kylie Jenner “This Is War” 7.125
13 @Allday “Leaving The City” 5.75
14 @Remmy “Flowerbloom” (S2 Version) [Live from Ohio] 5.288

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

5 minutes ago, Hug said:

7:06 and we don't have the winner of the season + all the scores and overall song score chart for the entire season...pick it UP... :grump:

blame it on the digital dystopia  0101000111000001000000011000011

Amazing scores across the board! But wait until y'all see Round 5's scores... :eek:

Not me completely forgetting I was top 3 that round :deadbanana:

Anyways some great scores everyone :clap3:

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Ribbon-Challenge-S2-R5.png

Rank Writer Song Title Score
1 @beatinglikeadrum “C₁₃H₁₆N₂O₂” 9.413
2 @Hug “The You I Remember” 9.25
3 @Element “NIGHT VISIONS II: TETRIS HYPNOTIC” 9.238
4 @Euterpe “Did you hear that?” 9.125
5 @worldwide angel “Twilight” 8.888
6 @Kylie Jenner “Ephemeral” 8.75
7 @Augmented “The Fall” 8.688
8 @Legend E “Floating By (¿-zzz-?)” 8.563
9 @TruGemini “Same Old Discussions” 8.45
10 @Julia Fox “Blurry” 8.313
11 @JoeAg “Felt You Watching Over Me” 7.75
12 @StormFury “A Conversation With Nik” 7.395
13 @camfuckingrockwell “Paradise” 7.063
14 @Allday “Night Terrors” 6.625
15 @XO_Life “Dreamscape” 6.5

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

10 songs above an 8... something was in the water that round for real. you all should be really proud :clap3:

also the way half those songs would've been top 3 if it was any other round... the dreamscape challenge did THAT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.