• Headlock

• Miichael

• Protocol

• AMIT

Just now, gatito said:

if i have to read QUEER AESTHETICS one more time istg

this :rip: the internalised homophobia is real

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Telling a person to state their sexuality in public can be traumatic and it’s extremely invasive

This isn’t even about Harry anymore, if we normalize this it will become extremely dangerous for other people.

well let's keep it it about harry since this thread is about him

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

So because he waves a pride flag and sometimes wears feminine clothing that means that you, a total stranger, is owed information and an explanation about his sex life? :deadbanana2: Truly unbelievable.

Again, why do you feel entitled to know Harry's sexuality? What is it within you that makes you feel you have that right? Please explain because it's very strange

do you view everyone who's challenging your views as that type of person? :skull:

i don't give a crap about harry's sex life

no one gives dan reynolds from imagine dragons, chris martin from coldplay, bad bunny, etc ANY crap for constantly waving pride flags, wearing dresses, etc.

why is that?

Just now, InventedGays said:

It's been addressed yall are just obtuse.  He gets hit with the same comments & backlash for acting "feminine" the same way the gay artists do.  What "benefits" of the community is he getting exactly?  You're the one acting like him showing SUPPORT to the lgbt community by holding a pride flag at a concert the same way literally every single pop act has is somehow a bad thing, maybe that lunacy is why no one is taking you seriously 

That's just NOT true omg. :bibliahh:

Else, why is Sam Smith flopping hard while Harry is thriving? His owns stans love to deflect to "he's gonna stay smashing so stay mad!!!11!!!" when they have no argument.

The ''benefit'' is him pandering to Gen Z (like someone actually defending him earlier on this thread said) and the overall good light queer people have been under these last few years so he can have the best of both worlds, while not losing much of the straight appeal. 

And I've already said that's not the problem here. Feel free to read my earlier posts for clarification. 

8 minutes ago, AMIT said:

The ''gatekeeping'' (which is SO ironic btw, when we, the QUEER people are the ones who have been gatekept from many normal lives things by the cishet majority for YEARSSSS) is because he gets to have to benefits of said community with basically none of the detriments. I'm not the first one making this statement in this thread, yet it still remains unaddressed. Why? :cm:

"none of the detriments"

*criticises every move he makes because he doesn't publicly identify how you feel he should*

You couldn't make it up :rip:

Just now, gatito said:

if i have to read QUEER AESTHETICS one more time istg

QUEER AESTHETICS that were made by QUEERS that had nothing but praise for Harry :rip:

Designer Harris Reed: 'How are we still outraged by me putting Harry Styles in a dress?'

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2021/feb/14/designer-harris-reed-how-are-we-still-outraged-by-me-putting-harry-styles-in-a-dress

Just now, Miichael said:

"none of the detriments"

*criticises every move he makes because he doesn't publicly identify how you feel he should*

You couldn't make it up :rip:

all the hyperbole is making y'all sound like T**** supporters just saying :bam:

yes, poor Harry. The backlash is real and his career is OVER now because of what I posted in this ATRL thread. I feel SO bad rn. :'( 

1 minute ago, Da Vinci said:

do you view everyone who's challenging your views as that type of person? :skull:

i don't give a crap about harry's sex life

no one gives dan reynolds from imagine dragons, chris martin from coldplay, bad bunny, etc ANY crap for constantly waving pride flags, wearing dresses, etc.

why is that?

you aren't challenging anyone's views though :rip: you're just continually ignoring the facts and resorting to this idea that if someone is going to be publicly supportive of the LGBTQ+ community and dress in a way which is outside the norm of their assigned gender then that means they owe you an explanation :skull: Harry could spend the rest of his life dressing in drag every day and he still wouldn't owe you an explanation, because you have convinced yourself that you are owed one but it isn't based in any fact or reality

Not people criticizing him for waving flags:deadbanana2: So if the lead singer Dan from Imagine Dragons wears a rainbow flag at every second show it's ok because he identifies as straight, but when Harry does it it's "appropriating" just because Harry doesn't want to label himself? Are y'all for real?:deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Else, why is Sam Smith flopping hard while Harry is thriving?

Maybe it's because Harry Styles has been in the business MUCH LONGER than Sam Smith?

Maybe because he comes from one of the biggest boy bands of all time, and garnered a mass following from that? You dunce :juanny:

1 minute ago, AMIT said:

all the hyperbole is making y'all sound like T**** supporters just saying :bam:

yes, poor Harry. The backlash is real and his career is OVER now because of what I posted in this ATRL thread. I feel SO bad rn. :'( 

Do you actually know what hyperbole means? Because I haven't used any of it.

"Realises your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on,, quick let's compare them to Trump supporters so you can deflect a bit*

Never change :rip:

8 minutes ago, Miichael said:

you aren't challenging anyone's views though :rip: you're just continually ignoring the facts and resorting to this idea that if someone is going to be publicly supportive of the LGBTQ+ community and dress in a way which is outside the norm of their assigned gender then that means they owe you an explanation :skull: Harry could spend the rest of his life dressing in drag every day and he still wouldn't owe you an explanation, because you have convinced yourself that you are owed one but it isn't based in any fact or reality

again i really dont care if he *personally* gives me an explanation lmfao

i'm just trying to give yall an explanation on why people are mad/annoyed at him

let's think logically (no hate):

harry publicly goes out with women, writes songs about women, no problem!

people asks harry if he likes boys, harry refuses to answer and just says "don't label me!"

there is nothing wrong with just saying "yeah im only into women for now" like bad bunny said, no labels needed

i myself, atrl user da vinci, don't care if bad bunny or harry styles is gay bi straight or ANY label

BUT i understand that that confusion can annoy/make people mad ESPECIALLY if harry styles is BENEFITING from this GREY AREA

regardless if he is intentionally aware of this benefit or not

6 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

Not people criticizing him for waving flags:deadbanana2: So if the lead singer Dan from Imagine Dragons wears a rainbow flag at every second show it's ok because he identifies as straight, but when Harry does it it's "appropriating" just because Harry doesn't want to label himself? Are y'all for real?:deadbanana2:

They're dead serious 

source.thumb.gif.464691c660adc6f9a08e4ff

Screaming and crying because he supports LGBT but also doesn't want to label himself. Stan Twitter and ATRL gays NEEEEEED more important things to worry about

1 minute ago, Da Vinci said:

i'm just trying to give yall an explanation on why people are mad/annoyed at him

people asks harry if he likes boys, harry refuses to answer and just says "don't label me!"

there is nothing wrong with just saying "yeah im only into women for now" like bad bunny said

i myself, atrl user da vinci, don't care if bad bunny or harry styles is gay bi straight or ANY label

BUT i understand that that GREY AREA can annoy/make people mad ESPECIALLY if harry styles is BENEFITING from this GREY AREA

Well I'm sorry to be the one to inform you, but if you are the type of person that is mad or annoyed about him not publicly explaining his sexuality, that's your problem, not his :skull:

1 minute ago, Icarus said:

Screaming and crying because he supports LGBT but also doesn't want to label himself. Stan Twitter and ATRL gays NEEEEEED more important things to worry about

You just know that if even if he did one day come out as a bi/pansexual they would say he's lying for commercial gain because he's only ever publicly dated women :rip:

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

Well I'm sorry to be the one to inform you, but if you are the type of person that is mad or annoyed about him not publicly explaining his sexuality, that's your problem, not his :skull:

exactly so yall don't have to police everyone's opinions about harry styles since he doesn't even care about this :) 

2 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

there is nothing wrong with just saying "yeah im only into women for now" like bad bunny said

BUT i understand that that GREY AREA can annoy/make people mad ESPECIALLY if harry styles is BENEFITING from this GREY AREA

He's already said back in 2014 that his partner's gender isn't important. I don't know why gays people need some kind of present day affirmation that this still holds.  

3 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

exactly so yall don't have to police everyone's opinions about harry styles since he doesn't even care about this :) 

you are entitled to your opinion, but we are also entitled to let you know if that opinion is deluded and clownish :)

he deserves all the lashings for using the queer community for money and he's not even a part of it

12 minutes ago, AMIT said:

The ''gatekeeping'' (which is SO ironic btw, when we, the QUEER people are the ones who have been gatekept from many normal lives things by the cishet majority for YEARSSSS) is because he gets to have to benefits of said community with basically none of the detriments. I'm not the first one making this statement in this thread, yet it still remains unaddressed. Why? :cm:

I’ll address it. 

I don’t disagree that he gets an amount of freedom that the every day member of the community doesn’t get. Unfortunately, he’s famous and he’s going to have a freedom to do and be whatever he wants regardless of what it is. He is no different from any celebrity in that regard. It’s not right, no, but it’s a sad fact of celebrity culture and he is far from the only one who gets this cushion. 

Yet he has recently consistently been the only one who has to take any flack for it. 

There is a wider discussion to be had about queer identity being used for entertainment purposes as there are countless of examples of it going back decades from Bowie to Mick Jagger to Madonna to Gaga. 

But to center this conversation around Harry Styles is nothing more than internet dog piling. He’s one of the few mainstream celebrities who has actually embraced the core idea of clothing and nail polish and all of those things as being something that exists independent of gender and sexuality, yet because he hasn’t told people what to call him, he’s somehow public enemy number one. Throwing frustrations at the wrong people doesn’t solve any issues. 

It's his right to do whatever he want but his horsegirl stans need to remember that critic is also valid. 

I personally think he's pandering and baiting. He's using us to sell his shitty stuff. The ambiguity is disgusting cause we could need all the help we can get as a community. 

6 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

"Let me be a hateful person that pushes away support & creates fake narratives about people under the guise of protecting 'queer aesthetics' in peace :)"

i don't even know what goes on in your head anymore like what even is this post :) 

5 minutes ago, Miichael said:

you are entitled to your opinion, but we are also entitled to let you know if that opinion is deluded and clownish :)

same goes to u :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.