• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Miichael

• Protocol

• AMIT

33 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Y'all want to forcefuly out potential closeted LGBT people before they are fully prepared yet due to your faux outrage :skull:

Lol he is straight. He's been exclusively dating girls and very publicly. 

He'll be married to a women + with kids, and y'all will still call him potentially closeted just because he's appropriating queerness :skull:

Said it in the last thread but 5 years from now he will be happily married to a woman (and it's safe to assume it will be a thin, blonde, white one!), and this whole shtick will be substantially toned down if not totally dropped. :hey:

38 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Y'all want to forcefuly out potential closeted LGBT people before they are fully prepared yet due to your faux outrage :skull:

This is another thing. He very well could actually be bi or gay. A lot of these statements are giving Adam Lambert 2009 before he came out. Harry is trying to make it in movies, and despite all the PR bullshit about being inclusive, Hollywood is extremely homophobic and has very strict rules about not allowing openly gay actors in lead roles for major films.

So he’s an opportunist either way. I have more sympathy if he actually is and is hiding it for career reasons, but considering he is already worth so much money and has so many opportunities, it also would make him a coward.

3 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

Lol he is straight. He's been exclusively dating girls and very publicly. 

He'll be married to a women + with kids, and y'all will still call him potentially closeted just because he's appropriating queerness :skull:

My comment wasn't directed at Harry directly but in general (Joshua came to mind)

I dont care even if Harry is straight cause he is de-toxifying toxix masculinity and making queerness more normal with his large platform. I have much bigger issues in society as a gay man than Harry doing modern day David Bowie persona

19 minutes ago, Venice B said:

I saw someone saying that he doesn't want to be an actual queer person he just wants to use queerness as an aesthetic and honestly I think that sums up the whole thing perfectly. :psyduck:

Of course. Publicly saying yes I am attracted to men would fundamentally alter the way a part of the public sees him. Harry is trying to be a global star, even in places where being gay is not acceptable at all. He wants to start in Marvel movies, which make a lot of money in China, where anything gay is censored. 

4 minutes ago, Protocol said:

So he’s an opportunist either way. I have more sympathy if he actually is and is hiding it for career reasons, but considering he is already worth so much money and has so many opportunities, it also would make him a coward.

+ Harry is trying to be a global star, even in places where being gay is not acceptable at all. He wants to start in Marvel movies, which make a lot of money in China, where anything is censored. 

This is what drives me up the wall with this is that he gets to have his cake and eat it too, Harry is allowed to move in and out of queerness when convenient so he can maximize his potential for profit where and when being queer would a potential problem? 

I will never support him.
You're either queer or you're not.

14 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

This is what drives me up the wall with this is that he gets to have his cake and eat it too, Harry is allowed to move in and out of queerness when convenient so he can maximize his potential for profit where and when being queer would a potential problem? 

I will never support him.
You're either queer or you're not.

It's the whole navel-gazing pseudo enlightened "we should just let go of labels, man, love who you love!" bullshit that only ever comes from straight men. That's not how the world works. The whole planet isn't WeHo or Soho. "Labels" exist because there DO happen to be men who fall in love with and are attracted to other men, and the vast majority of the world does think of us very differently. If we "just get rid of labels, man" then we're no longer a group, we can't delineate our issues anymore, we can't talk about how we're treated by society because who are 'we' even? It all becomes relative and pointless and the end result is: back in the closet. Just like Harry (maybe). We can't talk about how the industries Harry is part of systematically keep men in the closet to maximize profit, because "labels don't matter", "it's no one's business" (just the men part, no problem at all staging endless pap shots with Olivia Wilde), so therefore you better shut up about if you like men if you want that role or if you want the big promotional bucks for your album.

It's a new closet for gay and bi men dressed up in pseudo-chic androgynous clothing.

The more I think about the more insidious his statements and his whole act are.

So people don't wanna be put into a box but also wanna put people into a box, it just doesn't make sense. I thought sexuality was fluid? What happened to that? I call this hypocrisy 

Edited by samybertoni

2 minutes ago, samybertoni said:

So people don't wanna be put into a box but also wanna put people into a box, it just doesn't make sense. I thought sexuality was fluid? What happened to that? I call this hypocrisy 

Who said that?

Its so insidious to equate the ability to say you’re into men with “being put into a box”. He has NO issue being put in the box of a man that’s into women, in that case. 

5 hours ago, Miichael said:

that's not viral :skull: and these weird people who think they own being queer and have invented these rules that everybody needs to abide by need to shut up and sit down

“The queer people need to shut up and sit down for the straight white man” :jonnycat:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

“The queer people need to shut up and sit down for the straight white man” :jonnycat:

I must have missed when he confirmed he was straight, unless you are just projecting? :hoetenks:

I find it kinda funny how usually everyone is like  "No one should be forced to come out, sexuality is fluid, everyone is different, etc, etc" but when it comes to celebrities & public figures all of that is thrown out the window :deadbanana4: It's not even just a Harry thing but I've seen this alot whenever someone (including my fave) gets involved in some type of "queerbaiting" scandal. 

But yeah he knows what he's doing, it's arguably really smart from a business & PR standpoint but not so much from a moral standpoint. Either way the discourse around this is bringing him alot of attention so he'll probably continue it. If you dislike what he's doing then don't give him attention it's that simple 

Edited by Billionaire

5 hours ago, gatito said:

people ask him about his sexuality all the time, it's not something he brings up himself he just chooses to keep it private and we should all respect that

i don't know what he is and i really don't care (it's not like he's gonna sleep with me :cm:) but it's clear he's friendly towards the LGBTQ+ community and that should be enough

Keeping his straightness “private” in order to profit on the intentional vagueness while he continues to build his image around queer aesthetics. Thank you again for proving my point :deadbanana4:

His support of the community is completely irrelevant. Plenty of straight people are allies. Which is great! But he won’t even say that, because then he would confirm his heterosexuality.

I was upset with his comment. Its DADT all over again. Dont ask dont tell. So, everyone assume you are straight by default. 

2 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I must have missed when he confirmed he was straight, unless you are just projecting? :hoetenks:

The Harry stan mythology continues :rip:

54 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Of course. Publicly saying yes I am attracted to men would fundamentally alter the way a part of the public sees him. Harry is trying to be a global star, even in places where being gay is not acceptable at all. He wants to start in Marvel movies, which make a lot of money in China, where anything gay is censored. 

Like another person said, he wants to have his cake and eat it too. You CANNOT take advantage of the queer aesthetics and exploit queer people for monetary gain, and then play coy and keep your sexual orientation to yourself so you don't have to live with the negative effects of ACTUALLY being queer. He's either a phony, or extremely calculating. And neither is a good look.

Y’all are annoying.  He doesn’t need to be queer to be a champion of queer and LGBTQ+ rights.  He’s very vocally supportive.  Regarding how he styles himself, are we really going to gatekeep people from wearing dresses and gender non-conforming outfits?  Is that the hill y’all want to die on?  If he says he’s straight, does it make it not okay for him to wear a dress or wave pride flags around?  Go find something else more serious to complain about ffs.

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

I'm not a Harry stan :rip:

That’s even sadder, the way you then have no excuse for your nonsense in this thread :rip:

Harry has never publicly dated a man, never talked about being attracted to men, has only dated women, written songs about women, and yet because he purposefully avoids saying he is straight you continue to propagate the Harry stan delusion that “he never said he’s straight!!!1!1”. Girl :rip:

6 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Keeping his straightness “private” in order to profit on the intentional vagueness while he continues to build his image around queer aesthetics. Thank you again for proving my point :deadbanana4:

His support of the community is completely irrelevant. Plenty of straight people are allies. Which is great! But he won’t even say that, because then he would confirm his heterosexuality.

What exactly are "queer aesthetics"? You do realise that doesn't actually exist, right? It's something that is entirely fictional in the minds of people who spend too much time online. Please don't minimise the queer experience to dresses and rainbow flags. Those things aren't owned by queer people, and being queer is not an exclusive club that you need to meet certain criteria to qualify for. Some of y'all are sooooo far out of touch :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

I find it kinda funny how usually everyone is like  "No one should be forced to come out, sexuality is fluid, everyone is different, etc, etc" but when it comes to celebrities & public figures all of that is thrown out the window :deadbanana4: It's not even just a Harry thing but I've seen this alot whenever someone (including my fave) gets involved in some type of "queerbaiting" scandal. 

Nah. People demand a certain answer for Harry because he uses commonly stablished "queer" elements to sell his image and his music, not exactly because they suspect he is LGBT (even though there are obviously people who do suspect, for their own reasons). It's very different from someone like Shawn Mendes, who people ask to "come out" just bc he's sorta effeminate, but Shawn Mendes has never really used queer image to sell anything. People's behavior towards Shawn is toxic and wrong. Towards Harry? Not really. He deserves to be called out.

5 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Like another person said, he wants to have his cake and eat it too. You CANNOT take advantage of the queer aesthetics and exploit queer people for monetary gain, and then play coy and keep your sexual orientation to yourself so you don't have to live with the negative effects of ACTUALLY being queer. He's either a phony, or extremely calculating. And neither is a good look.

:cm:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

That’s even sadder, the way you then have no excuse for your nonsense in this thread :rip:

Harry has never publicly dated a man, never talked about being attracted to men, has only dated women, written songs about women, and yet because he purposefully avoids saying he is straight you continue to propagate the Harry stan delusion that “he never said he’s straight!!!1!1”. Girl :rip:

But he doesn't owe you any explanation of anything and he doesn't need to publicly date a man or clarify who he finds attractive :rip: Your entitlement is so bizarre and unhealthy

Edited by Miichael

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.