Harry Styles dragged and viral after latest interview

thatsmydemi

Just now, shookspeare said:

what's more offensive is that he looks awful in everything he tries to pull off

This is the biggest crime in this whole thing to me, him getting praise for ~ bending gender norms ~ while wearing the ugliest clothes known to man styled awfully and on purpose while you can find better artists doing the very same thing but much much better on your Instagram explore page

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Miichael

• Protocol

• AMIT

The more ~genderfluid and ~sexually ambiguous he tries to be the straighest he appears to me. Like I look at him in a dress and he just screams STRAIGHT to me. Like it baffles me there are people that still question his heterosexuality because to me he is so obviously a straight opportunist co-opting queer aesthetics to seem interesting.

drag him!

it’s hilarious how people are seeing someone who can’t even confirm his sexuality and have only dated cis white women  as some type queer icon just because he’s wearing a dress :toofunny2: 

lemme like the tweet

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

This isn't even a queer outfit, it's just colorful. The colors aren't even in the order of the pride flag (and are not the right colors, e.g. there's pink but no red) :lmao: This is WILDLY different from waving an actual bisexuality pride flag on stage.

she was performing at a pride event while promoting her album that was targeted to the LGBT community :rip:

1 minute ago, Severus Snape said:

Yes I get it, but she herself used it as marketing during the Lover campaign, she was aiming at a public who is already used to seeing things like that, its catering the product to an audience. Its the same as politicians waving the pride flag during elections. 

Yes, but that is not the same thing as hinting you are a part of the community for marketing purposes. As you can see in the other thread on this topic, Harry's fans literally believe he is queer, there's entire storylines they've created around this.

Not to mention that nobody tried to say Taylor was revolutionary in her support, we all know it was late. Many female artists had come before her. But that is not the way Harry is being framed in the media and how is being marketed. THey're acting like he's this revolutionary gender-bending fluid artiste when he is just putting on Bowie cosplay and giggling every time someone asks him is he likes boys :rip:

1 minute ago, feelslikeadream said:

This isn't even a queer outfit, it's just colorful. The colors aren't even in the order of the pride flag (and are not the right colors, e.g. there's pink but no red) :lmao: This is WILDLY different from waving an actual bisexuality pride flag on stage.

please tell me what a "queer" outfit is without blatantly referring to either homophobic stereotypes or the stereotypes the community claims to want to break down between traditional ideas of masculinity and femininity? he's waved the pride flags for years. he's donated to queer charities, bought from queer businesses, supported queer artists, supports queer people in the industry and generally uplifts the community??

she was performing at a pride event while promoting her album that was targeted to the LGBT community :rip:

Taylor Swift never hinted that she’s queer multiple times unlike Harry Styles

7 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

If his personality is already defined by his fluidity, doesn't that already make it obvious that he's part of the community though?

No :rip:

It’s also weird to believe so staunchly that you are entitled to know these intimate things about a person’s life just because they are a celebrity. There’s two sides to this coin and ultimately, this is actually all just a non-issue to begin with. :rip:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Yes, but that is not the same thing as hinting you are a part of the community for marketing purposes. As you can see in the other thread on this topic, Harry's fans literally believe he is queer, there's entire storylines they've created around this.

Not to mention that nobody tried to say Taylor was revolutionary in her support, we all know it was late. Many female artists had come before her. But that is not the way Harry is being framed in the media and how is being marketed. THey're acting like he's this revolutionary gender-bending fluid artiste when he is just putting on Bowie cosplay and giggling every time someone asks him is he likes boys :rip:

I totally get what you say! Also I feel that stuff like this is why some right wingers hint at woke culture being mostly a way to gather people's attention, get votes, favour public opinion, etc. I'm not defending their phobias tho, but lowkey some of them made a point. All of these artist truly use the rainbow flag as a bait 

2 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

please tell me what a "queer" outfit is without blatantly referring to either homophobic stereotypes or the stereotypes the community claims to want to break down between traditional ideas of masculinity and femininity?

The way you Harry stans keep saying this when you don't realize that is what HE is doing :rip: He is employing traditionally queer iconography and aesthetics to market himself as edgy and cool. He is literally employing stereotypes :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

he's waved the pride flags for years. he's donated to queer charities, bought from queer businesses, supported queer artists, supports queer people in the industry and generally uplifts the community??

Awesome, then he can say he's an ally! :cm: Unless you think that would be a problem for the image he's created for himself.

3 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

Taylor Swift never hinted that she’s queer multiple times unlike Harry Styles

I'm not saying that about Taylor, I'm saying that she shamelessly used the LGBT in a moment of her career when she wanted to be seen as youthful and up with the times. She lowkey hints at it in Miss Americana when she says that she's afraid to not be seen anymore as a young successful artist past her 30s. 

I totally get what you say! Also I feel that stuff like this is why some right wingers hint at woke culture being mostly a way to gather people's attention, get votes, favour public opinion, etc. I'm not defending their phobias tho, but lowkey some of them made a point. All of these artist truly use the rainbow flag as a bait 

Yeah, that's why I said in the other thread this is basically the concept of "rainbow-washing" discussed for corporations during Pride Month but just transferred onto actual public figures.

Harry isn't harming the community, but he is reaping the benefits without dealing with the downsides, and getting credit for stuff that generations of queer artists have done before him.

he's a disgusting human being I don't know how anyone can support someone like him

30 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Gay guys turn on every gay artist when they come out. And women dip as well. Harry is the only artist to stay big because he is being ambiguous. He is doing that because it is marketable now and can fall back into the straight bubble later.

I do agree, but I just don't think this hurts the lgbtq community, I think his support is still more important than the fact that he queerbites. With that said, I honestly understand many of the points made and kinda get it too! 

Who cares stop forcing ppl to label themselves. Whatever experiences he has with his sexuality is his own business. Him coming out as bisexual will mean nothing anyway. We live in a time where gen-z a few of them don’t even like to label there sexuality or see themselves as non-binary. It’s the direction where the new generation is heading you either adapt or you don’t. Sexuality and gender are both very fluid and I am going to leave at that. 

Just now, Severus Snape said:

She lowkey hints at it in Miss Americana when she says that she's afraid to not be seen anymore as a young successful artist past her 30s. 

That isn't what she said, she says she expects that to happen given how female artists are treated once they hit a certain age. She said she had only a couple eras left of relevance, so she wanted to make the most of it.

The amount of energy people spend on this wheww. :skull:

A reverse bullied gay experience.

this "viral" lashings just leads to exposure meaning more streams for his upcoming album :cm:

so i guess it's working

1 minute ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Him coming out as bisexual will mean nothing anyway.  

This is fully not true and you know that. We are not yet at a time in society where people coming out doesn't matter. It matters a lot.

Harry coming out as anything other than straight would be a big ******* deal. He is a massive worldwide pop star.

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

That isn't what she said, she says she expects that to happen given how female artists are treated once they hit a certain age. She said she had only a couple eras left of relevance, so she wanted to make the most of it.

yes, I was reading between the lines, hence the ''lowkey'', I'm just saying like you said before, for us its a real day struggle, for them its a conversation in a marketing meeting trying to gain as much profit. 

6 minutes ago, Mariano said:

I do agree, but I just don't think this hurts the lgbtq community, I think his support is still more important than the fact that he queerbites. With that said, I honestly understand many of the points made and kinda get it too! 

I don't think anybody is genuinely saying he is harming the community, he obviously isn't. Any support is welcome. But his support is not the issue. He is building his own personal image around this idea of fluidity and queerness and yet at the same time refusing to say he actually is a part of the community he employs aesthetically to make money. That is the issue.

25 minutes ago, magazine said:

He's the new justin bieber, unfortunately. GP has been brainwashed to like his horrible music and no cancelation will ever have any effect :doc:

But it's a start, we celebrate the little things :clap3:

:clap3:

46 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

I feel like y’all won’t be satisfied until he sucks a dick in instagram live or something :skull: the fickle gays will just drop him just like they did to Colton Haynes. I think it’s cool to have a man be so openly supportive of the LGBT community

nah we'll be satisfied when he stops playing coy and just sets the record straight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.