#BlackDontCrack

Devin

Hi I’m blackity black. 

Yes I get so embarrassed seeing grown men walk around with sagging pants, cursing like a sailor, using n word out loud in every sentence in public, etc. The black community has to learn to grow and stop embracing bad stereotypes as a culture. We can do so much better. The world (including black non Americans) look at us like we’re crazy. We also need to work on emotional intelligence. A lot of black folks can’t have a disagreement without it turning into a full blown argument, hands thrown or guns drawn. It’s actually sad.  Learn when to pick and choose your battles. You don’t always have to have the last word. I could go on…

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Thinking Of You

• Armani?

• Wicked

My anxiety increased bc I’m old school and still believe in monogamy, marriage, wanna kid, etc. in a generation that dgaf. :rip:

I think with age + working corporate is worse for me communication-wise. Like when I’m around my friends, fam, or dating I’m too “proper” for them and its a turn off. :rip: Then when I interact with the Black folks at work they either have that Oreo mentality OR I’m too “ghetto” to roll with them. Hate it here!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, réveuse said:

White people are CRYING over Usher getting Super Bowl. Like...this shi funny :bibliahh:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1705946006133576156

The gorls acting up in Tha ATRL thread :dies:

So unserious. 

So ready for a PERFORMER to take the stage :jonny:

11 minutes ago, Dessy said:

The gorls acting up in Tha ATRL thread :dies:

So unserious. 

So ready for a PERFORMER to take the stage :jonny:

People allergic to talent gonna be SICK.

I haven't went to his Vegas shows but I heard and trust they fire, I can not wait.

6 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

The way this place HATES so much R&B/Hip-Hop is insane. :dies:

Unless a pop girl needs a hit. idk why I entertain this site I need to dip off to twitter and reddit again 

2 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

I've learnt my lesson after my rap thread to never ask this forum about their rap takes, I will just stick to Reddit and lurk LSA for that :rip:

6 hours ago, Wicked said:

Unless a pop girl needs a hit. idk why I entertain this site I need to dip off to twitter and reddit again 

the way they turn into racist record executives when  their fave needs a hit, especially back in 2017-2021 when they were having panic attacks over "rent-a-rappers" taking over billboard but would break their heels to beg their faves to do a remix with the same rappers :bibliahh: 

the performative activism just for them to salivate over a dr. luke pop record :bibliahh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

SERIOUSLY!!! That thread is filled with microaggressions.

Edited by réveuse

Seriously ain't no way they called Usher a rapper!?!?!?!

On 9/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, Fleahive said:

Hi I’m blackity black. 

Yes I get so embarrassed seeing grown men walk around with sagging pants, cursing like a sailor, using n word out loud in every sentence in public, etc. The black community has to learn to grow and stop embracing bad stereotypes as a culture. We can do so much better. The world (including black non Americans) look at us like we’re crazy. We also need to work on emotional intelligence. A lot of black folks can’t have a disagreement without it turning into a full blown argument, hands thrown or guns drawn. It’s actually sad.  Learn when to pick and choose your battles. You don’t always have to have the last word. I could go on…

Baby, handle this with a (preferably Black) therapist, not us.

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Baby, handle this with a (preferably Black) therapist, not us.

Keep that energy for the original person that started the discussion 🤡 I will say what I want to say stay mad. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Keep that energy for the original person that started the discussion 🤡 I will say what I want to say stay mad. 

Will do Mr. “Blackity Black” 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

anytime someone makes a Hip-Hop/R&B thread it literally opens the floodgates to racism on here.

2 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Sorry I thought it was clear I was being sarcastic 

Someone’s scared to call out certain members. Not shocked :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Someone’s scared to call out certain members. Not shocked :giraffe:

No I just didn’t find their post dripping with as much obvious internalized racism as yours.

If I thought that user was lame like I think you are, I would call them out.

Hope that helps. 

On 9/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, Fleahive said:

Hi I’m blackity black. 

this is an incredibly ignorant and narrow minded view of the black community. you can't be that black if you believe black people are monolithic.

even the image of black people has changed DRASTICALLY over the last 10 years. you really sound like an Uncle Tom.

• Like 2

It’s very telling what users get a high on attempting to jump me for laughs and giggles but look stupid because they refuse to call out their friends that say the same thing. Y’all are so unserious with your fake outrage :coffee2: I’m bored 

• Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

No I just didn’t find their post dripping with as much obvious internalized racism as yours.

If I thought that user was lame like I think you are, I would call them out.

Hope that helps. 

No you’re just bored and thought you’d get a ton of likes and laugh reactions but failed miserably. Move along with your predictable internalized racism argument. Come back when you can learn how to debate without cheap insults and pretending not to care but continuing to respond to me :alexz2:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

No you’re just bored and thought you’d get a ton of likes and laugh reactions but failed miserably. Move along with your predictable internalized racism argument. Come back when you can learn how to debate without cheap insults and pretending not to care but continuing to respond to me :alexz2:

I just got a laugh reaction so idk :chick1:. Regardless, this thread isn’t that highly trafficked, so don’t you think if I was after reactions I’d go somewhere else?

Also, didn’t you just file a report against @mons†er, who was trying to seriously engage with you? It seems like you aren’t big on debate.

Funnily enough, I’m actually on the coaching staff for a college debate team and have been for the past 3 years. 

EDIT: Genuinely curious what you expect me to get warned for here @Fleahive :rip:

Edited by Rotunda

27 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I didn't know this thread existed and I come in here to find you all fighting and calling each other Uncle Toms :deadbanana: very ghetto and uncouth

I’ll play nice, I just think making a broad statement about Black folks lacking emotional intelligence and needing the last word in arguments seemed a bit ridiculous to levy in this instance. :rip:

This isn’t to say there aren’t legitimate grievances to levy against certain Black spaces and the lack of decorum held within them, but storming into a thread to call yourself “Blackity Black” in 2023 before making some odd claims and then going on a temper tantrum/reporting spree looks a lil funny in the light.

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.