#BlackDontCrack

Devin

Thinking Of You
5 hours ago, Arcadius said:

I'm really upset about JID, he's been having such a nice uprise and yet nothing. Also frustrated how Summer and Ari both continue to get shut out when they both released critically acclaimed albums. :rip:

5 hours ago, Devin said:

!!!

Both Ari and Summer delivered strong R&B projects. But Grammys been a popularity contest and for music that’s most appealing to the YTs/mainstream.

Which is why I stopped watching years ago. 

People cry about this every other year when their favorite artists aren’t nominated, but when Jazmine Sullivan and other artists were recognized, they praise the GRAMMYs :rip:

The truth is Summer will never be nominated as long as she continues to stay anti-social. All she does is perform for her fans a few times a year, and goes back inside. The Academy completely forgot about her album because she doesn’t do anything. She doesn’t put herself out there and she sure doesn’t make connections with people in the industry - which are the voters. People forget the GRAMMYs are about respect from within the industry 

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Thinking Of You

• Armani?

• Wicked

Biggest snub for me was Ravyn Lenae. I knew she had no chance to get into Progressive R&B album but I still had some little hope. :weeps:

On 11/15/2022 at 7:57 PM, Devin said:

Reminder DJ Khaled and Jack Harlow got nominated for best rap album of the year over all of these artists:

JID
Nas
Saba
Smino
Lupe Fiasco
Denzel Curry
Joey Bada$$
Vince Staples
Freddie Gibbs
Black Thought
Westside Gunn
Westside Boogie

Grammys continue to be a mf joke. :lmao:

:redface:

Thinking Of You

You can tell Doja doesn’t associate with Black people, because someone would’ve told her about her hairline. Why  she going around with her head looking like that… @Armani? @Devin

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

You can tell Doja doesn’t associate with Black people, because someone would’ve told her about her hairline. Why  she going around with her head looking like that… @Armani? @Devin

:hoetenks:

I had those thoughts in the beginning cause her lineups been crooked. 

Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, Devin said:

:hoetenks:

I had those thoughts in the beginning cause her lineups been crooked. 

Either she needs to dye her hair black and add enhancer around the hairline or just put a wig on because…:hoetenks:

5 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Either she needs to dye her hair black and add enhancer around the hairline or just put a wig on because…:hoetenks:

idek if wigs are the proper choice either cause she been wearing some “gotta run to Walmart before they close” wigs. :deadbanana2:

Thinking Of You
6 minutes ago, Devin said:

Also RIP Shanquella Robinson. ?

Throw all the “friends” in jail smh.

I had to look this up. 

How awful, and the video is even worse. Do people even care about who they have in their circle anymore? 

Thinking Of You
28 minutes ago, Devin said:

idek if wigs are the proper choice either cause she been wearing some “gotta run to Walmart before they close” wigs:deadbanana2:

:bibliahh:

Edited by Thinking Of You

Americans, are durags and bonnets worn to go places e.g. supermarket/grocery, run errands etc? 

I have noticed an uptick of young Black girls wearing bonnets out and about here in London. The young boys were already wearing durags out and about (I even do the same once in a while). 

Usually we would keep that for indoors, but I personally don't see a problem wearing it outside.

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

Americans, are durags and bonnets worn to go places e.g. supermarket/grocery, run errands etc? 

I have noticed an uptick of young Black girls wearing bonnets out and about here in London. The young boys were already wearing durags out and about (I even do the same once in a while). 

Usually we would keep that for indoors, but I personally don't see a problem wearing it outside.

Yessir almost every Black person in NYC does it.

Its always been viewed as ghetto, when in reality most of us keep it on if we aren’t going anywhere special. 

Spoiler

I used to be guilty of this when I had waves :skull: but mfs would turn into making it fashionable. 

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

when in reality most of us keep it on if we aren’t going anywhere special.

I think that's more common nowadays. Traditionally, you would leave that on when you're in the house; I can't speak for NY, but in general, I don't think this is the case.

4 minutes ago, Limitless said:

I think that's more common nowadays. Traditionally, you would leave that on when you're in the house; I can't speak for NY, but in general, I don't think this is the case.

Its always been rather common here. But yeah it depends on the location and gender too; cause I noticed women are typically looked down on for wearing bonnets/scarfs out but with men its a different story.

Thinking Of You
2 hours ago, St. Francis said:

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Yessir almost every Black person in NYC does it.

Its always been viewed as ghetto, when in reality most of us keep it on if we aren’t going anywhere special. 

Reveal hidden contents

I used to be guilty of this when I had waves :skull: but mfs would turn into making it fashionable. 

It is ghetto. I still think we’ve regressed in the way we portray ourselves. We really don’t care about our image anymore, and that’s because the influence of seeing people from the “streets” on social media. People look up to that image and it’s become a trend.

Gone are the days of us trying to be upwardly mobile :ace:

Spoiler

I think I’m turning into a classist for our generation because :skull:

57 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Hide contents

Aren’t you the same one that called me boujee? :thing:

20 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

It is ghetto. I still think we’ve regressed in the way we portray ourselves. We really don’t care about our image anymore, and that’s because the influence of seeing people from the “streets” on social media. People look up to that image and it’s become a trend.

Gone are the days of us trying to be upwardly mobile :ace:

Hide contents

True, but in terms of "what other people might think", people are still going to talk anyway. Suited and booted Black people still faced and face micro-aggressions, racism and even places like the corporate workplace pressuring you to conform to the "majority"'s ideals (straight hair, codeswitch etc). 

If the others had the hair type acceptable for durags and bonnets, best believe it would be seen as more fashionable, quirky and presentable jPk8YrG.png

Thinking Of You

even places like the corporate workplace pressuring you to conform to the "majority"'s ideals (straight hair, codeswitch etc). 

This doesn’t exist anymore for the large part though. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If the others had the hair type acceptable for durags and bonnets, best believe it would be seen as more fashionable, quirky and presentable jPk8YrG.png

Do you see the others going out in public wearing rolls in their hair or a towel wrapped around their head? No.

Stop excusing ignorance :bam:

18 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

:bam:

What did you think of the movie? 

It's good, very emotional. They did a good job of paying tribute to Chadwick. I saw a bit of clownery online of ppl claiming the movie removed the importance of Black men, they clearly aint watch the movie. 

I like the continued imperialist subtext of European & American nations attempting to destroy POC nations & hoarding their resources for bad, also the eventual Black & Brown alliance.

Although Namor pissed me off when he came for Queen Angela Basset:redface:

Also the secret revealing at the very end, this franchise is far from over:giraffe:

It was extremely long though, I wasnt expecting 3 hours :dies:

Thinking Of You
19 minutes ago, Armani? said:

It's good, very emotional. They did a good job of paying tribute to Chadwick. I saw a bit of clownery online of ppl claiming the movie removed the importance of Black men, they clearly aint watch the movie. 

I like the continued imperialist subtext of European & American nations attempting to destroy POC nations & hoarding their resources for bad, also the eventual Black & Brown alliance.

Although Namor pissed me off when he came for Queen Angela Basset:redface:

Also the secret revealing at the very end, this franchise is far from over:giraffe:

It was extremely long though, I wasnt expecting 3 hours :dies:

Good points!

But yes, it was far too long in my opinion. The scene that M’baku and Shuri had before the final battle was so unnecessary. A whole bunch of talking for no reason. Everybody in the theater started squirming in their seats during that part 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.