The View | Season 27

BeenTheShit

On 11/19/2022 at 1:48 PM, Aristocrat said:

Ana has become so annoying to me.... she has got to stop with the terrible jokes :rip:

I did enjoy her and Alyssa nearly getting into it though

She has her moments.  At times she says some really profound and thought provoking things.  Her jokes have been lacking lately though. :dies:

I've also noticed the tension steadily building between them.  I was on pins and needles when they sat next to each other twice last week. :eli:

Anyway who's ready for tomorrow's Thanksgiving show?  I need another iconic moment like this from Joy. :bibliahh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• FameFatale

• JustHoran

• pokerfaceboy

So today was an interesting show.  First Joy, Sunny, and Sara were all off so Juju Chang guest hosted with Whoopi, Ana, and Alyssa. :coffee2:

Then midway through the show things finally boiled over between Ana and Alyssa. :deadbanana4:

And in other news... please tell me they're not going to take Sara Haines away from us again!  I have a funny feeling she's going to be hosting GMA3 today since she was absent on The View. :biblio:

• 2 weeks later...

The wardrobe and set design teams have been killing it this season. I’ve been obsessed with Alyssa’s outfits. 

Also, loved the holiday show today. 

17 hours ago, FameFatale said:

The wardrobe and set design teams have been killing it this season. I’ve been obsessed with Alyssa’s outfits. 

Also, loved the holiday show today. 

Agreed, and I loved that they had all the co-hosts there as well!  It was also nice to finally have Darlene Love back in studio performing. :clap3:

Btw this moment from Joy earlier this week took me out. :bibliahh:

I believe they're now on winter break so no new shows until Jan 2nd. :chick3:

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad news!  Her legacy will live on forever though! :heart2:

On another note, has anyone been following the news storm surrounding Whoopi?  Apparently she spoke again about her Holocaust remarks earlier this year during an interview.  The media claims she was doubling down on them, while she issued a statement saying she was not.

Statement via USA Today:

"Recently while doing press in London, I was asked about my comments from earlier this year," Goldberg said in her Tuesday statement. "I tried to convey to the reporter what I had said and why, and attempted to recount that time. It was never my intention to appear as if I was doubling down on hurtful comments, especially after talking with and hearing people like rabbis and old and new friends weighing in."

Goldberg also noted her support for Jewish people "has not wavered and never will."

"I’m still learning a lot and believe me, I heard everything everyone said to me," she said. "I believe that the Holocaust was about race, and I am still as sorry now as I was then that I upset, hurt and angered people. My sincere apologies again, especially to everyone who thought this was a fresh rehash of the subject. I promise it was not."

The View's return after the holiday should be quite interesting. :gaycat6:

Yes RIP to the legend Barbra Walters. Remember always watching 20/20 as a kid. What a career.

So much has been going on this year I totally forgot about Whoopi’s Holocaust comments. :rip: 

1 hour ago, D_Man3379 said:

Yes RIP to the legend Barbra Walters. Remember always watching 20/20 as a kid. What a career.

So much has been going on this year I totally forgot about Whoopi’s Holocaust comments. :rip: 

Same.  It was so jarring watching the TGIF lineup and -- bam -- hit with 20/20 directly afterwards.  

OT:  An icon, legend that will forever live on.  

RIP, Barbra Walters.  :'(

Is today the first show back? My DVR didn't record it yesterday..

13 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Is today the first show back? My DVR didn't record it yesterday..

Yeah!  They were off yesterday for the holiday and the Rose Bowl Parade was broadcasted instead.

19 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Yeah!  They were off yesterday for the holiday and the Rose Bowl Parade was broadcasted instead.

Thank you! <3 

That was a very good tribute episode. The end with her chair in the spotlight was moving. 

10 hours ago, pokerfaceboy said:

That was a very good tribute episode. The end with her chair in the spotlight was moving. 

Agreed!  Alyssa seemed very out of place though and I feel like Ana should've been there instead, given her history with the show dating back to 2013:michael:

Also, I'm convinced Rosie O'Donnell is forever banished though.  I swear she's never invited back and hardly mentioned as being a past moderator and co-host.  Joy is the only who dares to ever invoke her name and the table gets very quiet and awkward. :dies:

• 3 weeks later...

Joy made herself look soooo bad during the Alec Baldwin segment. Foot in her mouth levels of bad.

:deadbanana2:

On 1/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, D_Man3379 said:

Joy made herself look soooo bad during the Alec Baldwin segment. Foot in her mouth levels of bad.

:deadbanana2:

Yeah at first I was with Joy, but then as the other ladies spoke about the case facts, my opinion quickly changed that Alec Baldwin definitely does bare some responsibility.  I cringed so hard at the end when she tried to say his charges were politically motivated.  I love Joy but that was such a reach. :gaycat6:

On 1/21/2023 at 2:10 PM, FameFatale said:

Had to dig to find this thread :coffee:

but in ex-host news, Meghan had baby girl #2

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnr50jNunOo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Congrats to her... another interesting name choice though. :mandown:

And finally, I enjoyed Rachel Lindsay guest hosting. :clap3:

10 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Congrats to her... another interesting name choice though. :mandown:

And finally, I enjoyed Rachel Lindsay guest hosting. :clap3:

I actually loved the name, but I like unique names that isn't TOO unique. 

Loved Rachel guest hosting last week too. I have to catch up on a couple of last week's episodes. 

I love the Alyssa addition but whew… lately the discussions have been a snooze fest and the most random topics. Between Ana’s same old corny jokes and Alyssa is almost too safe at the table. I honestly wish Joy or Whoopi would go ahead and bow out and put in another Republican. I low key miss the drama with the right wing republicans. Alyssa doesn’t give the drama punch I want :rip: 

6 hours ago, FameFatale said:

I love the Alyssa addition but whew… lately the discussions have been a snooze fest and the most random topics. Between Ana’s same old corny jokes and Alyssa is almost too safe at the table. I honestly wish Joy or Whoopi would go ahead and bow out and put in another Republican. I low key miss the drama with the right wing republicans. Alyssa doesn’t give the drama punch I want :rip: 

I agree. They need someone who's not afraid to challenge them, while not being too crazy.  I could see someone like Megyn Kelly

On 1/24/2023 at 6:39 PM, FameFatale said:

Honestly I don't really miss the drama and like the panel as is. :michael:

Maybe they just need to invite more Republican guests on the show? :mandown:

-----------

What in the fan fiction is this?  I can guarantee you Joy doesn't care about or want to host GMA3. :toofunny2:

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the gun control conversation today.  The discussion lasted two segments and was tense at times, but everyone remained civil.  At one point Alyssa made a complete fool of herself though.  She said she was "a responsible gun owner" and Joy asked her what kind of gun she owned.  Alyssa fumbled and said, "uhh I don't know you'd have to ask my husband."  So you mean to tell me you own a gun but don't even know what kind it is? :mandown:

Everyone else was quite passionate and made compelling points.  Whoopi also did a nice job closing out the discussion as well. :clap3:

Liam Nissen was a great guest as well.  It was fun to watch Joy get all flustered and fawn over him. :dies:

Finally, Ana was also there today instead of Sara.

Watching Sunny get universally PANNED for her comment here has me howling :ahh: 

The audience said NO :bibliahh: 

Today’s show was so weird and unhinged. 

The editing/camera work. The audience was extra LOUD :rip: Cocaine Bear movie :rip: musical performance :rip: 
Whoopi was all over the place and kinda disrespectful towards Alyssa. Alyssa was making some decent points during the age in politics discussion and Whoopi was so dismissive. Let the girl have a view and opinion. 

On 2/20/2023 at 1:11 PM, FameFatale said:

Today’s show was so weird and unhinged. 

The editing/camera work. The audience was extra LOUD :rip: Cocaine Bear movie :rip: musical performance :rip: 
Whoopi was all over the place and kinda disrespectful towards Alyssa. Alyssa was making some decent points during the age in politics discussion and Whoopi was so dismissive. Let the girl have a view and opinion. 

I thought the same thing but realized it was just a bunch of pretaped segments mashed together since they were off due to Presidents Day.  The Cocaine Bear movie was truly random though. :bibliahh:

Today's show was then interrupted halfway through by Biden's speech in Poland. :gaycat6:

In other news... Apparently, Liam Neeson was not amused during his recent visit. :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.