The View | Season 27

BeenTheShit

We’re back!

Not bad for an opening season show. I wish they would’ve changed the set and opening credits a bit more. I’m so tired of the same color scheme and set up. All they changed was the chairs and the table is back smaller. I low key liked the bigger table. It made the studio look bigger, now they look crammed again :rip:  Also, what we all knew about Ana… just a part time Friday host but they made her look full time. Like what was the reason? Lol. 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• FameFatale

• JustHoran

• pokerfaceboy

18 hours ago, FameFatale said:

We’re back!

Not bad for an opening season show. I wish they would’ve changed the set and opening credits a bit more. I’m so tired of the same color scheme and set up. All they changed was the chairs and the table is back smaller. I low key liked the bigger table. It made the studio look bigger, now they look crammed again :rip:  Also, what we all knew about Ana… just a part time Friday host but they made her look full time. Like what was the reason? Lol. 

Some people think that the Ana announcement was supposed to be a damage control because a lot of people weren't satisfied with Alyssa being the new co-host. Trump antis are mad cause she used to work with him and his stans are mad because she stopped working with him:deadbanana: So Ana stole her spotlight kinda cause the viewers just love her so much.

On 9/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, FameFatale said:

We’re back!

Yeah so far the show has been great!  I'm also a little bummed about the set/graphics but they were just refreshed last season.  In regards to the table, the smaller one is nice in the sense that it feels a little more intimate among the hosts and guests. 

In regards to Ana, I read that she will appear Mondays and Fridays, plus do fill in as needed during the week for planned absences.  The rumor is Joy's contract was negotiated to 4 days a week like Whoopi, giving her Mondays off.  I guess we'll know for sure next week. :celestial5:

Finally, I really enjoyed Hillary and Chelsea Clinton's appearance.  I know they come on frequently and some people are over them, but I always enjoy their views/commentary on the current happenings in politics.  Their new show "Gutsy" actually looks really interesting as well. :clap3:

I was in studio yesterday! And yes the table is smaller. I actually don’t mind them not changing the set. The colors in studio are much warmer than how they appear on air. I would have liked the table look to have changed a bit, I don’t get the neon “THE VIEW” in the front but maybe that’s just me.

The commercial before bringing Hillary and Chelsea out, Whoopi’s chair (Alyssa’s too) was placed so close to the edge of the stage since they had to add 2 more chairs, she was genuinely worried she was going to fall off. The stage manager helped her into the chair. 

They also pretaped Regina Hall for todays show! If you can go to a taping, go! I have been over 10 times now over the years and it’s always fun! 

On 9/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, pokerfaceboy said:

I was in studio yesterday! And yes the table is smaller. I actually don’t mind them not changing the set. The colors in studio are much warmer than how they appear on air. I would have liked the table look to have changed a bit, I don’t get the neon “THE VIEW” in the front but maybe that’s just me.

The commercial before bringing Hillary and Chelsea out, Whoopi’s chair (Alyssa’s too) was placed so close to the edge of the stage since they had to add 2 more chairs, she was genuinely worried she was going to fall off. The stage manager helped her into the chair. 

They also pretaped Regina Hall for todays show! If you can go to a taping, go! I have been over 10 times now over the years and it’s always fun! 

Wow jealous!  I really hope I make it to a taping one day. :duca:

Anyway, Ana is back with a vengeance for S26!  She was really fired up Friday with Charlie Crist, and even today she was going off during hot topics and the audience was loving it.  It looks like the rumors about Joy being off Mondays is true after all. :celestial5:

Finally, I really loved the interview with Jennette McCurdy.  I had heard a lot about her book and find her story absolutely fascinating. :clap3:

Jed is really out here defending and promoting Andrew Tate on her socials and podcast. Just extremely distasteful. I had to unfollow her on Instagram. It’s crazy to think I used to enjoy her thoughts and opinions on the show. 

Imagine how clownish you have to be to lose to someone as awful as Nikki Haley of all people. Coming after her for changing her name to sound more "white and socially acceptable" when you yourself did the exact same thing. :ahh: 

RockStarShit101
6 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Imagine how clownish you have to be to lose to someone as awful as Nikki Haley of all people. Coming after her for changing her name to sound more "white and socially acceptable" when you yourself did the exact same thing. :ahh: 

Not me just finding out that her name is actually Asunción Cummings "Sunny" Hostin

why did she set herself up like that? :deadbanana4:

On 9/22/2022 at 9:30 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

Yeah... I love Sunny but that was extremely hypocritical and made her look foolish. :michael:

Anyway, I've really been enjoying the season so far and think Alyssa is doing a decent job overall.  I think the show is really going to start heating up as we near the November midterms. :duca:

Today's show was interesting...  While I get the message behind Little Amal, she was kind of scary and unsettling. :deadbanana4:

On 9/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, BeenTheShit said:

Yeah... I love Sunny but that was extremely hypocritical and made her look foolish:michael:

Anyway, I've really been enjoying the season so far and think Alyssa is doing a decent job overall.  I think the show is really going to start heating up as we near the November midterms. :duca:

Honestly, Sunny has been looking both foolish & hypocritical lately.  Her asking why Ana remains in the Republican Party, while talking up her Catholic faith, is tired.  She has made it abundantly clear she isn't a Trumplican and that's more than enough for me.  I don't mind Alyssa for the same reason.  

I'm enjoying the season thus far, November will definitely be interesting.  

I didn’t mind Alyssa during the rotating chair but whew, she is so boring. Like give us something girl. I know she’s supposed to be the republican voice at the table but she’s really more moderate and constantly agreeing with the other hosts. I want someone coming out coo coo crazy honestly :rip: 

4 hours ago, FameFatale said:

I didn’t mind Alyssa during the rotating chair but whew, she is so boring. Like give us something girl. I know she’s supposed to be the republican voice at the table but she’s really more moderate and constantly agreeing with the other hosts. I want someone coming out coo coo crazy honestly :rip: 

You mean like having Jedediah Bila or Elizabeth Hasselbeck on every day? :dies:

I still wonder what could have been if they would have picked Lindsey Granger instead of Alyssa. :mandown:

Final thoughts...

• I normally can't stand the Shark Tank cast, but I actually found the discussions about the current state of the economy and workforce post pandemic to be interesting.
  • Hot Topics was good today, especially when they discussed co-ed sleepovers.  I died when Alyssa blurted out "7 minutes in heaven" near the end and the other co-hosts were like "What's that?":lmao:
  • Tomorrow's show should be a good one with both Mario Cantone and Star Jones!  I wonder if Ana will be able to make it to NYC due to Hurricane Ian though? 

RockStarShit101
3 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

I still wonder what could have been if they would have picked Lindsey Granger instead of Alyssa. :mandown:

Final thoughts...

• I normally can't stand the Shark Tank cast, but I actually found the discussions about the current state of the economy and workforce post pandemic to be interesting.
  • Hot Topics was good today, especially when they discussed co-ed sleepovers.  I died when Alyssa blurted out "7 minutes in heaven" near the end and the other co-hosts were like "What's that?":lmao:
  • Tomorrow's show should be a good one with both Mario Cantone and Star Jones!  I wonder if Ana will be able to make it to NYC due to Hurricane Ian though? 

oh please no, not these two :deadbanana:

miss bila is annoying on social media and she turned into a candace owens clone :lmao:

and hasselback is just... special

11 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Final thoughts...

I just want some messy drama :coffee: 

I'm shocked they had Shark Tank back and Whoopi stayed at the table the way Barbara insulted her weight the last time they were there :rip:  

Tbh I feel like after the likes of Meghan and Elisabeth fans were expecting every conservative co-host to be a little bit insane but Alyssa is just different. I like whenever there's drama on the show but I like Alyssa too because I feel like she has more political knowledge and has all the tea about GOP and it's interesting to me

Today's show was great but they definitely should've given Mario Cantone at least two segments!  He always cracks me up. :dies:

On another note, what's with all the random infomercials suddenly?  Yesterday it was the virtual fitness service and today it was the $1000 Brava Oven.  Is the show really that desperate for money?  The worst part is they don't even give the audience members the products anymore like they used to. :biblio:

7 hours ago, FameFatale said:

I just want some messy drama :coffee: 

I'm shocked they had Shark Tank back and Whoopi stayed at the table the way Barbara insulted her weight the last time they were there :rip:  

I don't think it was ever that serious like the media made it out to be.  Whoopi even publicly accepted her apology saying it wasn't a big deal and moved on. :michael:

Sunny has been irritating me SO much this season. Her attitude has got so smug. And I'm saying this as somebody that likes and respects her a lot. But Sara is becoming the most level headed person on the panel. 

What an awkward interaction with Kathy Najimy over Sister Act 3 :deadbanana2:

Sunny has been really off this season. Half her responses to Democratic errors are just whataboutisms about the GOP, and she keeps putting her foot in her mouth. I expected Alyssa to force Sunny to stay on her A-Game, since she was so quick during her test run, but instead it seems like Alyssa is that new girl in school who’s watching her words so that she doesn’t upset the popular girls, and is letting Sara be the primary one to keep Sunny in check.

Regardless, I do feel like Alyssa is making good contributions to the panel, even if it seems like she’s still testing the waters. 

My ideal panel is probably Joy (mod) - Sara  - Sunny - Yvette Nicole Brown - Alyssa, with Ana coming in as she pleases.

Edited by Rotunda

On 10/8/2022 at 6:18 PM, mathekr said:

What an awkward interaction with Kathy Najimy over Sister Act 3 :deadbanana2:

I thought this too... did it seem like Kathy wasn't really invited back for the 3rd movie?:toofunny2:

Was there a new show yesterday? I swear i'm seeing new clips everywhere but my DVR didn't record a new show. :deadbanana:

12 hours ago, FameFatale said:

Was there a new show yesterday? I swear i'm seeing new clips everywhere but my DVR didn't record a new show. :deadbanana:

Yes, it was a good show and Jamie Lee Curtis was the guest.  You can find it on Hulu or here's a direct link on ABC's website.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the last few weeks of shows and the guests have actually been decent.  Plus Ana being on daily has been a treat. :clap3:

Btw I'm so ready for Joy to be back tomorrow and can't wait to see what they do for her 80th birthday celebration!  Hopefully Ana will still be there for the festivities. :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.