The View | Season 27

BeenTheShit

I made the courtroom comment before I read this page I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels that way:rip:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• FameFatale

• JustHoran

• pokerfaceboy

It was so heartbreaking and infuriating to hear the story of Ajike Owens, the mother of four, who was shot by her racist white neighbor in Florida.  Her story deserves way more media coverage than it's been getting. :frown:

Hopefully, the media will follow and cover the trial since the "stand your ground" law will be at the forefront.

The puppy segment :heart: They were so cute, I hope they get adopted. Happy Birthday Alyssa! 

7 hours ago, FameFatale said:

The puppy segment :heart: They were so cute, I hope they get adopted. Happy Birthday Alyssa! 

Agreed, and I loved that all the ladies participated in it too! :clap3:

On 6/14/2023 at 3:17 PM, BeenTheShit said:

It was so heartbreaking and infuriating to hear the story of Ajike Owens, the mother of four, who was shot by her racist white neighbor in Florida.  Her story deserves way more media coverage than it's been getting. :frown:

Hopefully, the media will follow and cover the trial since the "stand your ground" law will be at the forefront.

So sad. I sent that segment to all my friends and had them watch it too. This country is such trash :rip: 

Today's Juneteenth show was excellent!  Keke Palmer is always a fun guest and the music performances at the end chile... classic hit, after classic hit, after classic hit!  I was not ready for all 3 of these icons. :jonny5:

Edited by BeenTheShit

I’m finally catching up from being out of town a couple weeks and they were way too easy on the Miami mayor. :psyduck:

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

I’m finally catching up from being out of town a couple weeks and they were way too easy on the Miami mayor. :psyduck:

Right!?  Sunny said she would grill him about the alleged bribery scheme where local developers paid him thousands to approve their building projects.  Apparently, he's even under investigation by the FBI. :gaycat6:

When does the show go on summer hiatus?

7 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

Are they on summer hiatus now?

1 hour ago, JustHoran said:

When does the show go on summer hiatus?

Not yet.  Friday's are always pre-taped after Memorial Day.  The season usually concludes the last week of July or the first week of August, then resumes the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Anyway, yet another Friday where the news cycle is going insane and they're not live to discuss any of it. :weeps:

Edit: Apparently today was a repeat episode.  I wonder if that means Monday and Tuesday will be repeats as well. :gaycat6:

Edited by BeenTheShit

6 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Not yet.  Friday's are always pre-taped after Memorial Day.  The season usually concludes the last week of July or the first week of August, then resumes the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Anyway, yet another Friday where the news cycle is going insane and they're not live to discuss any of it. :weeps:

Edit: Apparently today was a repeat episode.  I wonder if that means Monday and Tuesday will be repeats as well. :gaycat6:

I kinda feel like they probably are for the 4th of July holiday. Cause I noticed on Thursday during the sign off Whoopi said “we’ll see you soon” instead of “see you tomorrow” which she usually does when they’re going on a break. Glad to know we still have a few more weeks of the season left, though. 

11 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

The lineup online shows reruns all week :biblio:

https://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#TV

Lame.  I figured just Monday and Tuesday would be re-airs. :gaycat6:

10 hours ago, ScubaDive said:

They should fire Sara Haines... she's dull

No way!  Sara's light-hearted and goofy personality helps balance the show and break the tension. :coffee2:

11 hours ago, ScubaDive said:

They should fire Sara Haines... she's dull

Honestly I feel like Sara’s come into her own more this season. She’s also the bridge between Alyssa and the other ladies. She’s not my fave, but she’s playing a very important role right now.

I actually love the panel they have right now! I hope it stays the same into next season, especially during election season. I miss a bit of the drama but it’s nice they can actually have decent conversations. 

See this is the problem when they go on break during really important news and come back to talk about mundane stuff. Like who cares about a Biden family op-ed, what about the Supreme Court decisions that’s going to effect our lives?

:shakeno:

6 hours ago, D_Man3379 said:

See this is the problem when they go on break during really important news and come back to talk about mundane stuff. Like who cares about a Biden family op-ed, what about the Supreme Court decisions that’s going to effect our lives?

:shakeno:

Right?!  I was so disappointed they didn't even mention or give a run down of anything that happened regarding the Supreme Court while they were on break.  I did still enjoy today's show though. :coffee2:

3 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Right?!  I was so disappointed they didn't even mention or give a run down of anything that happened regarding the Supreme Court while they were on break.  I did still enjoy today's show though. :coffee2:

So glad they were back! 

Do y'all think the panel is going to remain the same for next season in the fall? I don't like Alyssa as a person, but I think she's really finding her footing on the panel. If I could change anything, I'd be okay with Ana not rotating through. I love her, but she can get really irritating sometimes and I feel she doesn't ever really add much of substance to the conversation. It's always just anti-Trump obsession and cheap applause bait lines. I also wouldn't be too sad to see Whoopi go, as she always looks so annoyed and over it during nearly every topic. I also think adding somebody very young, like a 20s something host would be interesting. Alyssa is the resident "young" panelist, but she's in her mid 30s. A true gen-z co-host at the table would be really interesting I think. But all in all I do think the current panel flows really well and I wouldn't be mad if it stayed exact for another season. 

21 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

So glad they were back! 

Do y'all think the panel is going to remain the same for next season in the fall? I don't like Alyssa as a person, but I think she's really finding her footing on the panel. If I could change anything, I'd be okay with Ana not rotating through. I love her, but she can get really irritating sometimes and I feel she doesn't ever really add much of substance to the conversation. It's always just anti-Trump obsession and cheap applause bait lines. I also wouldn't be too sad to see Whoopi go, as she always looks so annoyed and over it during nearly every topic. I also think adding somebody very young, like a 20s something host would be interesting. Alyssa is the resident "young" panelist, but she's in her mid 30s. A true gen-z co-host at the table would be really interesting I think. But all in all I do think the current panel flows really well and I wouldn't be mad if it stayed exact for another season. 

I think the panel will continue the same unless someone wants to leave.  I don't mind Alyssa, she's much more tolerable than Meghan ever was and there's way less drama.  I also still like Ana in the mix and disagree that she doesn't add substance.  I feel like when they talk about topics such as gun control, abortion, racism, etc she tends to shine but her humor can sometimes fall flat and detract from what she's saying. :michael:

Today's show was good.  Jake Tapper was a fun and lively guest and I enjoyed their conversations with him.  Raven was nice as well but I wish she would come to the studio. :coffee2:

Am I crazy or does the audience seating area seem so much smaller than it used to be? I swear the audience used to be like 6-7 rows of stadium style seating, now it looks like only 4 rows. I was noticing that today when they were talking to Brian about reality shows. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.