• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• FameFatale

• JustHoran

• pokerfaceboy

10 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Yes, it was a good show and Jamie Lee Curtis was the guest.  You can find it on Hulu or here's a direct link on ABC's website.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the last few weeks of shows and the guests have actually been decent.  Plus Ana being on daily has been a treat. :clap3:

Btw I'm so ready for Joy to be back tomorrow and can't wait to see what they do for her 80th birthday celebration!  Hopefully Ana will still be there for the festivities. :duca:

For some reason my DVR didn't record or have set to record this week's shows. So weird. It's showing as "old shows" and not recording when I see they're all new on Hulu :rip: I'm going to play catch up today. 

Joy really got the best birthday celebration. A message from the president!! :spin:  I cannot believe she is 80. She looks amazing. 

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:

Joy really got the best birthday celebration. A message from the president!! :spin:  I cannot believe she is 80. She looks amazing. 

I actually thought Joy's celebration was slightly tame, especially when compared to Sara's last month.  I was hoping the set would be decorated and there would be more in person surprises. :eli:

The message from the president was an unexpected surprise though.  Joy's reaction that she "better get an invite to the White House Christmas Party this year" was priceless. :dies:

And yes Joy most definitely is still rocking it at 80. :clap3:

Edited by BeenTheShit
Typo

On 10/12/2022 at 7:11 PM, BeenTheShit said:

I actually thought Joy's celebration was slightly tame, especially when compared to Sara's last month.  I was hoping the set would be decorated and there would be more in person surprises. :eli:

The message from the president was an unexpected surprise though.  Joy's reaction that she "better get an invite to the White House Christmas Party this year" was priceless. :dies:

And yes Joy most definitely is still rocking it at 80. :clap3:

Joy's birthday episode killed me. I do wish there was a cake or something (last year with the sparklers killed me). I did love the tag sale and the video messages were top notch.

Whoopi's birthday celebration is up next!

On 10/5/2022 at 6:51 PM, Aristocrat said:

Sunny has been irritating me SO much this season. Her attitude has got so smug. And I'm saying this as somebody that likes and respects her a lot. But Sara is becoming the most level headed person on the panel. 

Me and my family agree. We LOVE Sunny, but I've not been liking her much this season. She seems so.. off :rip: 

6 hours ago, JustHoran said:

Me and my family agree. We LOVE Sunny, but I've not been liking her much this season. She seems so.. off :rip: 

When Sunny said she'd never vote for an "outdoorsy" person... :rip:That's exactly why Dems have lost the rurals.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is completely off the rails and it's not because of the co-hosts.  Ted Cruz is there and the audience is pissed off.  People keep shouting over and protesting him.  Whoopi tried to get it under control but then another woman began yelling from the audience right before break and she was bleeped out completely. :deadbanana4:

I am a little disappointed and feel the ladies went far too easy on him.  Sara started off by asking him about abortion/women's rights and he completely ignored her question and spewed his inflation talking points.  Not a single host then pressed him about his abortion stance after that. :katie:

He then dodged and avoided all the other questions with more GOP talking points and blaming democrats for everything. :biblio:

I'm also kind of shocked that with the midterms 2 weeks away there are no other midterm candidates scheduled to appear this week.  Why not invite my state's Governor Gretchen Whitmer (MI)?  Raphael Warnock (GA)?  John Fetterman (PA)?  Tim Ryan (OH)?  I hope the booking department is working overtime for booking candidates next week, even if they appear via Zoom. :coffee2:

The mess was deserved. What were they expecting inviting a trash low life like Ted Cruz, one of the most hated politicians. The audience were in the right. 

6 hours ago, FameFatale said:

Not half the audience clapping and cheering her on. :dies:

So by the looks of it, this was a coordinated protest by a climate activism group.  Ted Cruz being there was sort of a bonus since he's a climate denier. :fan:

Also, poor lying Ted just couldn't catch a break during his trip to NYC.  Here he was being booed and heckled by the crowd last night at the Yankees Game. :bibliahh:

And now onto Trump's attack on Alyssa...

“Alyssa Farah totally misrepresented her true feelings about me and the Trump Administration in order to get her job at ratings disaster CNN, and a seat with the low IQ people at The View,” Trump said in a Truth Social post.

“Look at what she said about me, and that doesn’t include the beautiful letter she sent and other statements she made. They should fire her for misrepresentation or fraud. Release the letter, Alyssa!”

Trump also shared a string of tweets from Farah Griffin in December 2020 praising Trump and calling it “an honor of a lifetime” to serve in his administration.

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

I need Sunny gifs now! :deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, JustHoran said:

I need Sunny gifs now! :deadbanana2:

I was dying during that segment, especially when Sara said she was wearing a hat. :ahh:

Anyway today was a great show!  There was a good vibe among the co-hosts, Chelsea Clinton and Sherri Shepard were fun guests, and no View Your Deal. :clap3:

Alright the booking department finally stepped it up for this week! :clap3:

Monday, Oct. 31 – This Halloween, “The View” is channel surfing through generations of classic tv; Randall Park (“Blockbuster”); annual kids Hot Topics costumes; Aubrey Plaza (author, “The Return of the Christmas Witch” and “White Lotus”); performance from the cast of Broadway’s “Into the Woods”

Tuesday, Nov. 1 – Exclusive interview with Cherelle Griner, wife of WNBA star Brittney Griner who is imprisoned in Russia; Anne Hathaway (“Armageddon Time”)

Wednesday, Nov. 2 – Matthew Perry (author, “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir”)

Thursday, Nov. 3 Angela Bassett (“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”); Cheech Marin (The Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art & Culture of the Riverside Art Museum)

Friday, Nov. 4 – The Political View with Lt. Governor John Fetterman, candidate for the Pennsylvania Senate

The Halloween episode was cute. I liked all their costumes, but Joy in particular killed it :clap3:

Also, was it just me or was the Aubrey Plaza interview super awkward? I know being awkward is kinda her thing but it just felt very uncomfortable to me :rip:

9 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Sunny shading Taylor Swift :clap3: I live 

This was my favorite Sunny moment this week. :dies:  I was right there with Joy laughing but she honestly told no lies! :coffee2:

Friday's show was also great with the light and fun hot topics. :eli:

I was sitting at work and randomly thought about that "design Whoopi a foot box" challenge that never happened  :deadbanana::ahh:  

On 11/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, FameFatale said:

I was sitting at work and randomly thought about that "design Whoopi a foot box" challenge that never happened  :deadbanana::ahh:  

They sort of fixed the problem this season by changing the chairs but it would've been fun to see the submissions. :chick3:

Anyway yesterday's show was quite juicy.  Here were the best moments:

6 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Loved Sara moderating today. We need her in that seat more often. 

It hit me today that Sara is so similar to Meredith Viera.

Also, it seems like Whoopi's absence wasn't planned as she has COVID. I thought for sure she took an extra day for her birthday.

2 hours ago, FameFatale said:

Loved Sara moderating today. We need her in that seat more often. 

Agreed!  I thought she did a nice job. :clap3:

2 hours ago, pokerfaceboy said:

It hit me today that Sara is so similar to Meredith Viera.

Also, it seems like Whoopi's absence wasn't planned as she has COVID. I thought for sure she took an extra day for her birthday.

Very true!  I also thought the same thing about Whoopi being absent.  I can't believe she has covid yet again. :frown:

Speaking of being sick... I can't believe that NYT's reporter, Megan Twohey, coughed her way through that entire interview and then actually admitted to being sick/having a cold on live TV.  Why not stay home and Zoom in?  I would've been so pissed if I was Sunny.  What if she actually had covid and just caused an outbreak among the co-hosts and staff? :deadbanana4:

Ana has become so annoying to me.... she has got to stop with the terrible jokes :rip:

I did enjoy her and Alyssa nearly getting into it though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.