Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

8 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

I genuinely think XC2 has better voice acting esp in normal dialogue scenes. Rex cries and screams were bad but regular dialogue flow so well and feels so natural. I’m literally rewatching XC2 cutscenes just to make sure I’m not going crazy. 

I-

XC2's voice acting is diabolical, I'm glad you can realize the emotional cutscenes sucked but I promise you the normal dialogues are just as awful. 

Almost all of the blades sounded terrible, Gramps was god awful, Torna was bad... The only good performance was from Malos's voice actor. 

XC3's voice acting is way better like I'm so confused anybody could think that :deadbanana2:

Voice acting : XC1 >>>>>> XC3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XCX (thanks to Lao) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XC2

Edited by D.Va

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

That was a good presentation and the new weapons, stages etc are all interesting but yeah... waiting 5 years and there is not a single new mode that has been showed :ryan2:

i had no problem with the VAs in 3 or 2 :giraffe: maybe my standards dropped cuz the last JRPG i played was Triangle Strategy :bibliahh:

Even those 2 heroes u guys were complaining about didn't bother me THAT much. I thought it fit them. A certain hero did tho... cuz they voice someone in Triangle Strategy too :toofunny3: but i guess this particular voice fits this character more than TS's

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

That was a good presentation and the new weapons, stages etc are all interesting but yeah... waiting 5 years and there is not a single new mode that has been showed :ryan2:

Not only that but they already announced plans for a big paid DLC. Since when this is a feature you announce even before releasing the game? :rip:

5 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

Not only that but they already announced plans for a big paid DLC. Since when this is a feature you announce even before releasing the game? :rip:

That's unfortunately very common.

BOTW's DLC got announced before the game's release for example. Recently, XC3 did the same. We know there are several DLCs for Mario + Rabbids 2 too. Every constructor does this eventhough I agree with you, it's a shame to announce it like that.

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I was literally typing this :bibliahh:

It’s because the jokes just write themselves at this point 

21 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Every constructor does this eventhough I agree with you

No, it’s even worse in this case. BOTW and XC3 as examples are awful. Those are 100 hour games and can stand alone as new titles without the DLC. Splatoon 3 is a repackaged S2 which is a repackaged S1. 

They’re charging separate money for the actual new content, while basically selling you the same base game for the third time (the same thing they did with Octo Expansion in S2). It’s very anti consumer. 

• ATRL Moderator

Omg LOCKERS in Splatoon 3 :jonny5: I may have to finally get into the series.

18 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

Ok, but this article is good and kinda changed my perspective on the goofy villains and I oop :mandown:.

spacer.png

https://www.techradar.com/features/xenoblade-chronicles-3-is-so-much-cleverer-than-it-looks-and-my-tears-are-proof

Umm, Noah Fence, but was this not obvious. I thought they were gonna find some deep meaning in their actions nnnn. But yes, I do like the way the game has commented on the MIC but also the prison industrial complex.

Ch. 5:

Spoiler

The prison section was poorly designed quest-wise imo, but I love when the cast realizes all the food they get in their colonies is harvested via prison labor. I can't think of many games that would offer that kind of commentary, and def didn't expect it from a JRPG nnnn.

That article does nothing for me :mandown: just a preachy writer trying to force multi dimensional depth in a preachy one dimensional story :mandown:

I will say this tho, in terms of playtime, i've spent 120 Hrs in XC3 already, but only 105 in XC2 :deadbanana2: XC2's time even includes the MANY postgame UM hunting, but i haven't even done that in XC3 yet cuz i keep dying to one of the UMs :clown: even when i knocked difficulty down to Normal :clown:

Also I just DID NOT wanna do Blade Quests like i did Hero Quests. The Hero Ascension Quests tho... i would skip 50% of them if i knew what some of them were.

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Also I just DID NOT wanna do Blade Quests like i did Hero Quests. The Hero Ascension Quests tho... i would skip 50% of them if i knew what some of them were.

We really are the opposite at times :ahh: I was HOOKED on Blade Quests and couldn't wait to do them. I also maxed out every single Blade's affinity chart (including doing Dagas's twice :skull:). But some of these quests in XC3 feel like chores right from the start for me.

I think it might just be the time I'm playing them. Back when I played XC2, I was used to grindy quests as the standard. But in the intervening years, I've played HZD, Witcher, Elden Ring, etc., all games that eschew those kind of dull, grindy side quests. Now it just feels so unacceptable, illegal even, to send me on hundreds of fetch quests :doc:

Cannot wait for Splatoon! I don't care if it's not drastically different than Splatoon 2. The online gameplay is addicting and the solo campaign is always really well done. Ahhh I'm being fed between XC3, Splatoon 3, Overwatch 2, and Bayonetta 3. :gaycat: And of course, I'll be playing the dismal Pokemon game in November.

1 hour ago, Pop pop123 said:

Ok, but this article is good and kinda changed my perspective on the goofy villains and I oop :mandown:.

spacer.png

https://www.techradar.com/features/xenoblade-chronicles-3-is-so-much-cleverer-than-it-looks-and-my-tears-are-proof

well yeah. I thought this would be obvious but they way I've seen the intentional comedic aspects of them just fly straight over people's head online is just :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

Zeon's ascension quest is making me want to delete my save file and throw the game in the bin :celestial4:

Kirby's Dream Buffet will be released on August 17th for $14,99 !

47 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Nintendo being out of touch again… there’s a reason fall guys went free to play. Games like this need a constant stream of players - with no players then the game is not possible. They should be using a free to play model instead

Ok…. Just finished ch5 in Digimon Survive and WOW that was dark :dancehall: 

Splatoon 3 looks fun. who cares if it looks like splatoon 2 dlc :jonny5: let scamtendo have their COD series in peace 

10 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It looks like fun. I'm snatching this one for sure, even tho I will probably be sick of it in a week. :gaycat1:

Did anyone play diofield chronicles? It looks good :gaycat:

11 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Nintendo being out of touch again… there’s a reason fall guys went free to play. Games like this need a constant stream of players - with no players then the game is not possible. They should be using a free to play model instead

nintendo doesn't make kirby games & this is not their answer to fall guys.

12 minutes ago, lovecatt said:

nintendo doesn't make kirby games & this is not their answer to fall guys.

They publish them though which means they set price point etc. 

I didn’t say it was their answer to fall guys. I was saying like fall guys and Fortnite etc you can’t really play it alone. 

Edited by youreyesgocold

10 hours ago, fountain said:

Oop ordered Triangle Strategy, hopefully it’s a Three Houses level serve :clap3:

If you’re looking to play an SRPG, then Triangle Strategy is far superior. FE:TH is more of a character sim with basic SRPG elements to me. 

After like a week of owning this game, I finally got to chapter two on XC3 :rip:

ngl the story beats and cutscenes are usually too longwinded and not interesting enough to capture me, I end up zoning out a lot. But the gameplay is fun enough. I hope it opens up a bit more soon, as the areas have felt very funneled for me so far. A lot of "that's not the right way, silly!" Like... I know it's not, but let me wander!

1. BOTW

2. PLA

3. TS = OT = FE3H

6. Portal Collection

7. Hades

8. XC2

9. The Turing Test

Inside, Stanley Parable, Firewatch were all also great, but not close to the impact of being T10. Disco Elysium could likely make it if i ever bother to finish :toofunny3: 

Sorted by playtime, think it says a lot how high Portal ranks despite only racking 15 hrs

FE3H - 215

BOTW - 200
TS - 180
XC3 - 140
OT - 120
XC2 - 110
PLA - 95
Hades - 50
Portal - 15
Turing - 10

@Subomie its opens up a lot dw

@fountain YAS :jonny5: lmk if u need any help

Struggling with Chapter 7 of XC3. Anyone have any team build recommendations in terms of classes? Heroes they used to get through it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.