Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

I just recruited Asheera and she’s freaking hilarious. We have to stan :chick1:

2 hours ago, Pop said:

I hope Hogwarts Legacy is a streaming title for Switch. There is no way this won't be a disaster if it has to run on Switch hardware. 

Girl we never hope for streaming games that you pay for and then lose access to when the servers go down. Please do NOT manifest this :oxygen2: 

Although maybe I’m being selfish because if it’s bad I was just planning to buy on ps4 :gaycat4:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

:doc: they need to announce Rhythm Heaven 

15 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

After further deliberation, I think that XC3 is the best Xenoblade game and the best game on Nintendo Switch™ :mandown:.

I think the overall message and the impression it left you with is simply too powerful. I can’t even remember the last time a piece of media left me with this impression. I’ve never cried so hard at a game before. Recently, Arcane came close I think and it’s not even a game:rip:. I was emotionally charged, but I wasn’t like crying.

Right ?! The message once you reach the end of the game is just so beautiful and so powerful.XC2 was an amazing but I feel like no theme could really impact the player in such a way.

11 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Girl the 180 E0D1EAu.png and now i'm all alone agn E0D1EAu.png

I thought Monica was one of the WORST heroes & classes E0D1EAu.png

Asheera is the best Hero cuz of Chain Attack dmg

Signifer is the easiest way to instant buff your entire team, so make someone that. It's easily the most BROKE class.

Also make icon Eunie dual guns, just for the LOOKS (& dmg) she's the "coolest" to play just cuz i feel like Bayonetta :gaycat:

I'm sure you'll eventually switch like a f***** and realize how amazing the game really is  E0D1EAu.png

I just saw Enel's tier list and apparently Monica does indeed suck, don't listen to my advice @HausOfGerard, Ashera seems to be the best tank E0D1EAu.png

1 hour ago, D.Va said:

Right ?! The message once you reach the end of the game is just so beautiful and so powerful.XC2 was an amazing but I feel like no theme could really impact the player in such a way.

I'm sure you'll eventually switch like a f***** and realize how amazing the game really is  E0D1EAu.png

I just saw Enel's tier list and apparently Monica does indeed suck, don't listen to my advice @HausOfGerard, Ashera seems to be the best tank E0D1EAu.png

I finished the game with Monica on my team, but I also had someone as Signifier :fan:

• ATRL Moderator

Happy 35th Birthday to Metroid :heart: So glad I discovered this series last year :fan:

Still chugging along through XC3 Chapter 5 and I’m repeatedly getting absolutely pounded by a boss ten levels beneath me :redface:

I was initially only two levels above them and then split my save file to try out using my saved up experience at the camp. Still getting violently slaughtered even when using my best gem, accessories, and classes! Not a vibe! Very offended!

Maybe if I try another half healers, half defenders mix to stall them out…? :emofish:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Still chugging along through XC3 Chapter 5 and I’m repeatedly getting absolutely pounded by a boss ten levels beneath me :redface:

I was initially only two levels above them and then split my save file to try out using my saved up experience at the camp. Still getting violently slaughtered even when using my best gem, accessories, and classes! Not a vibe! Very offended!

Maybe if I try another half healers, half defenders mix to stall them out…? :emofish:

Hmm, I have no idea how this is happening—I find battles so easy when you're at the same level as enemies that I've been using auto-battle since Ch. 6 :toofunny3: Have you been putting people in different classes to get the master arts/skills? Most of my characters are at least level 10 in all classes, then I just use Y for auto-build. (Also, I have hardly any gems cause I avoid so many battles that I don't have the monster parts to make them :skull:)

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Hmm, I have no idea how this is happening—I find battles so easy when you're at the same level as enemies that I've been using auto-battle since Ch. 6 :toofunny3: Have you been putting people in different classes to get the master arts/skills? Most of my characters are at least level 10 in all classes, then I just use Y for auto-build. (Also, I have hardly any gems cause I avoid so many battles that I don't have the monster parts to make them :skull:)

Yeah, everyone has at least a few classes mastered and I have every Hero I can get thus far, I think. It might be something about the skills I’m choosing, perhaps? I can try auto-building, too, since I generally don’t use it. At this point, I’ll try anything!

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Hmm I feel like you have used this tactic multiple times before already right? I find it kind of surprising because I usually work with 3 attackers, 2 defenders, and 2 healers and I have literally never had to restructure the team. I am about 10 levels overlevelled as well and have never struggled in any combat except with some UMs. It must definitely be how you’re building the team - maybe you’re over complicating it? I don’t even manually adjust them. I pick a class and usually leave the gems, skills, and arts that the game sets automatically on them (not with auto build, I mean immediately when you select a new class). All I do is reorder the selected master arts to ensure the timings line up with the class arts (lowest number of auto attack strikes with lowest time attacks, highest strikes with highest time) to assist with fusion arts.

Also if you’re using automatic interlinking I would suggest turning it off and manually triggering your party’s interlinks as needed (ie trigger Eunie’s when the team needs a heal, Noah’s when there is an opportunity for high damage like a smash combo, your PC when you are ready for a chain attack etc). That helps a LOT

I am behind you and still on ch4 though so maybe I just haven’t faced the challenges you’ve had to do this for in the past. In that case my advice is likely useless 

13 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Hmm I feel like you have used this tactic multiple times before already right? I find it kind of surprising because I usually work with 3 attackers, 2 defenders, and 2 healers and I have literally never had to restructure the team. I am about 10 levels overlevelled as well and have never struggled in any combat except with some UMs. It must definitely be how you’re building the team - maybe you’re over complicating it? I don’t even manually adjust them. I pick a class and usually leave the gems, skills, and arts that the game sets automatically on them (not with auto build, I mean immediately when you select a new class). All I do is reorder the selected master arts to ensure the timings line up with the class arts (lowest number of auto attack strikes with lowest time attacks, highest strikes with highest time) to assist with fusion arts.

Also if you’re using automatic interlinking I would suggest turning it off and manually triggering your party’s interlinks as needed (ie trigger Eunie’s when the team needs a heal, Noah’s when there is an opportunity for high damage like a smash combo, your PC when you are ready for a chain attack etc). That helps a LOT

I am behind you and still on ch4 though so maybe I just haven’t faced the challenges you’ve had to do this for in the past. In that case my advice is likely useless 

This could definitely help a bit. One of the big factors I see here is that I definitely allow automatic interlinking, and it almost always ends up not working in my favor - like when I have a party with only two healers and they decide to interlink instead of healing at a critical moment, and then someone dies during the interlink animation before they use an art :toofunny3:

Other than that yeah, I aggressively customize each person so I’m going to do auto-building and then maybe aligning the arts how you mentioned.

Thanks to you both who offered advice!

• ATRL Moderator

I like automatic interlinks because the AI is really good at having the party members interlink to avoid death :rip: 

Know what automatic thing sucks? Chain attacks. I'll have the party in auto-battle so I can do work or something and I'll look over to see them doing a chain attack and doing it SO poorly :lmao: They sometimes can't even kill a basic, non-boss monster with a chain cause they're so bad at it.

Problems didn't start for me till the post game :rip: but u know ridiculously overlevelled etc. 

The post game UM hunting tho... i safely beat the Lvl 95 one on Hard, but the Lvl 100 one on Normal:bibliahh: MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS 

I skipped and went to the 105 & 110 ones but nope, i got washed too. The way the moment i have to face something my level, i die :toofunny3:

I need to recomp my team, but i'm so lazy.

Just finally finished the main story of XBC2. I’m feeling a bit lost with everything so I’m going to have to watch a video to summarise the whole lore for me in dummy terms … :clown: going to move onto Torna - The Golden Country now and then FINALLY start XBC3. 

Okay, after a couple of days I've returned to the game and wow I feel overwhelmed after unlocking three new heroes and their colonies :jonny2: 

the affinity chart here is so addictive. I can spend hours leveling up the colonies and not touching the main story :toofunny3:

also not Lanz getting two of the three new classes. It's gonna take forever for the rest to unlock them :weeps: 

Btw how the hell does the Soulhacker class work? I've only understood that it can become any role (Attacker, Defender or Healer).

50 hours in and just finished chapter 4 :WAP: main story is getting better but the side quests are definitively where the game shines the most, absolutely love what they do with random npcs and the world building.

11 hours ago, P!nk said:

Just finally finished the main story of XBC2. I’m feeling a bit lost with everything so I’m going to have to watch a video to summarise the whole lore for me in dummy terms … :clown: going to move onto Torna - The Golden Country now and then FINALLY start XBC3. 

We can summarize this masterpiece or clear the air if you have any specific questions! 

Also slayyyyy ms torna is so incredible. Mpg of the Xenoverse, though xc3 is fighting to debut at number 1. We’ll see if she can inch out the reigning queen :cm:

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Btw how the hell does the Soulhacker class work? I've only understood that it can become any role (Attacker, Defender or Healer).

Unless I'm missing something more complex, you just defeat Unique Monsters to learn their move (not every UM has one, but once you get to level 10 and unlock the hacking skill, you'll see a symbol over the UM if it does have an unlockable move). Note that you have to get the skill on one of your characters before you can "hack"! I was fighting UMs with the dude in my party and wondering why I wasn't getting moves, but after I got the skill on Lanz, I started to get them. Then you can just pick the arts and role you want that synergize well together. I assume it's a pretty good class because of all the customization available, but I haven't dabbled in it too much since the combat is easy enough that I don't need to worry about making some super OP party member.

Over 55 hours in and finally finished with xc3 ch4… here are some thoughts (with also mild spoilers for xc1 fc and xc2). 

Spoiler

I’m shook that Melia was a robot, but kind of disappointed because she’s one of my faves and I was looking forward to learning why she turned “evil” etc. 

I hope when the real queen shows up (assuming she exists since N was speaking aloud to her or something???) they go on to explain how the world got here from Future Connected. Is the Fog King supposed to be related to the black fog in this game? I’m still lost at what exactly FC was foreshadowing here. 

Also what’s the deal with N? Meliabot mentioned the Aegis and it looked like N was carrying another Monado or maybe even Malos’ aegis sword, but I didn’t get a good look at it so it might have been just a random cool sword. 

Lastly I’m assuming the party will get to do that joined super interlink fusion soon? I was expecting them to question if they could do it and try in like 3 boss battles of ch4 but it never happened. Maybe they can’t though because they can only go into their interlink forms with their partners (at least… so far?)

Anyways all this is just me thinking aloud. Not asking for spoilers or anything, I just wanted to write my thoughts down somewhere I guess. 

Edited by youreyesgocold

6 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Hide contents

kind of disappointed because she’s one of my faves and I was looking forward to learning why she turned “evil” etc. 

same youreyesgocold

Spilled. BOTW is a masterpiece but the load times and lag are annoying af esp compared to PS5.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Turning a good character evil wouldn’t sit right with many people. I knew they wouldn’t dare to do that. It’s commercial suicide. Audiences tend to become attached to their heroes and some become more "icons" than characters, leading to the audience feeling betrayed by not only that character, but the writers themselves. 

It’s much more palatable to give a villain a good guy backstory than turning a major character that has been introduced as a hero evil.

It’s not impossible to do. Just not very common and for a good reason. It’s hard to write it in a way that feels justified.

She's talking about the end of Ch. 4 of XC3, in case anyone's wondering.

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

She's talking about the end of Ch. 4 of XC3, in case anyone's wondering.

Thanks for clearing that. It’s too risky to open unlabelled spoilers with no context :gaycat6:

6 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Turning a good character evil wouldn’t sit right with many people. I knew they wouldn’t dare to do that. It’s commercial suicide. Audiences tend to become attached to their heroes and some become more "icons" than characters, leading to the audience feeling betrayed by not only that character, but the writers themselves. 

It’s much more palatable to give a villain a good guy backstory than turning a major character that has been introduced as a hero evil.

It’s not impossible to do. Just not very common and for a good reason. It’s hard to write it in a way that feels justified.

I get what you’re saying, but I was looking for one of those “the bad guy actually has good intentions and they’re not evil, they’re actually manipulating the situation in order to combat this other true evil” kind of revelations. Similar to XC1 where (warning - XC1 ending spoilers)

Spoiler

we think the Mechonis and it’s inhabitants are the enemy for 90% of the game, but then we get the revelation that Zanza was just chilling in the back of Shulk’s mind the whole time and has been manipulating this entire universe and everyone in it for its entire existence. 

32 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I get what you’re saying, but I was looking for one of those “the bad guy actually has good intentions and they’re not evil, they’re actually manipulating the situation in order to combat this other true evil” kind of revelations. 

Same [2] youreyesgocold rather for me i was hoping that there was actually an each side has their own reasons & justifications scenario. And neither are inherently bad when u have their specific perspective but, no depth [2] youreyesgocold

I was also hoping for a 8ubGFLt.gif moment

8 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

youreyesgocold 

You know, my avatar gets used when people quote me so often now that I’m not sure if I should change it :deadbanana4:

I can’t tell any more if people are using it for sarcasm/in a condescending way or just because it’s the perfect reaction shot for so many dumb situations. 

10 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I was also hoping for a 8ubGFLt.gif moment

But to this point, yeah I was expecting that too. Haha I guess it’s a spoiler that that’s not going to happen either, but now I am starting to see why you’ve been a bit negative about the latter half of the game’s story

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.