Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

4 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

You wanna talk about terrible voice actors? Let’s talk about 

Reveal hidden contents

Isurd, ugh :skull: Completely incorrect inflection and emotion for the situation at hand in 98% of his lines, the most generic “anime and video game voice actor” voice I have ever heard in my life, and somehow manages to make even the Art callouts annoying. “No LoVe LoSt!” yeah on you, you weasel. I hate that he’s my best healer hero and I have to hear him speak.

Seriously the only thing in this game where I’m like, did anyone even hand this person an actual script? Even the most basic of plot outlines, maybe? Yikes.

Omg his VA is so bad. He literally sounds like someone who’d be in one of my lectures. :rip: 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

17 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Almost 40 hours and still in chapter 4 :rip:

Same for me:dies: I'm at 44h, team at level 34 and just started chapter 4.

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's wasn't the jumped the shark moment for me, sorry i spoilt that btw :clown: but yuh STAN her long hair :bibliahh: she looks SO much better. 
It was the Shania Suicide, it felt so forced & badly written, to me. I was cringing the whole time :toofunny3: Looks like with have exact opposite opinion on Shania :toofunny3: Also the part where Gondor said she made up the "What about the other 1000s of people" statement, cuz muh prophecy :pukey: i was already fed up with the plot by then, but these 2 basically was the straw that broke the camels back.

Also when Eunie hinted she might be into Taion... she was so close to being flawless, but i see now she's just a stupid ***** :giraffe:

Spoiler

What exactly did you not like about the suicide? It wasn't even really a suicide per se, in that she believes she will be reborn as Moebius. (I'm not sure if that's true or not, but she seemed to, hence her yelling, "This is only the beginning!") It also feels like too minor a thing to be a "jump the shark" moment since she was only in one chapter of the game :dies: And that other stuff hasn't happened so it must be in Ch. 6, so thanks for the spoilers :-*

Early Chapter 6 Mio:

Spoiler

I’m still not feeling the long hair :gaycat6:

Edited by Rence

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Rence said:

Mio:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m still not feeling the long hair :gaycat6:

Girl you gotta say what chapter you're on when you do spoiler tags :gaycat6: I'm not opening that one in case you're farther than me.

22 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Girl you gotta say what chapter you're on when you do spoiler tags :gaycat6: I'm not opening that one in case you're farther than me.

Girl :gaycat6: that’s like the first hour of Ch 6 I believe you’ve already talked about it

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Rence said:

Girl :gaycat6: that’s like the first hour of Ch 6 I believe you’ve already talked about it

Oh, PHEW, glad I didn't click. I saved right after the 42-minute cutscene, so I havent actually started Ch. 6 yet. I'm gonna start it tonight :beach:

I’m so stuck on this completely random chapter 5 battle :emofish:

Spoiler

It’s the part where you have to gather intel on the castle and prison - I’ve done the half where you infiltrate the tower on the island full of Agnian troops, but the other one where you gather data from a small ship is killing me. Two Levnises, legendary strength or whatever but at my exact level, which call a bunch of Agnian troops (slightly below my level) as reinforcements immediately when the battle starts. I die so fast every time, no matter what classes and items and gems I try - I can’t even take out a single Agnian Medic to stop them from healing before my entire party is just tanked, even if I’m using Noah as Ethel’s class and trying to max my damage and crit rate. It feels like such a random difficulty spike out of nowhere. Do I really just need to overlevel to get past it or is there something I’m missing? I’m playing on hard mode if that’s relevant, but I’m not willing to turn that down.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:33 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Well now that everyone knows about the Ouroboros thing from the Direct, let's say which design we prefer :gaycat:

I finally caught up to here and my rankings are probably the same as yours, with all the Agnus Interlinks winning except for Sena. Sena’s is actually really cool, but something about Lanz’s hulking one beats it out for me still. The other two Agnus ones are a slay though. 

Spoiler

The Ouroboros orders introduced are a really fun mechanic too. It really ties everything together - fusion arts into interlink v3, as interlink approaches overheating start a chain, fire off two incredible Ouroboros orders, and slayyyy. This might be approaching the orb bursting for me from 2 and making me like XC3 combat a lot more than I initially thought I would 

13 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

You wanna talk about terrible voice actors? Let’s talk about 

Reveal hidden contents

Isurd, ugh :skull: Completely incorrect inflection and emotion for the situation at hand in 98% of his lines, the most generic “anime and video game voice actor” voice I have ever heard in my life, and somehow manages to make even the Art callouts annoying. “No LoVe LoSt!” yeah on you, you weasel. I hate that he’s my best healer hero and I have to hear him speak.

Seriously the only thing in this game where I’m like, did anyone even hand this person an actual script? Even the most basic of plot outlines, maybe? Yikes.

Ugh I just finished his quest and I can agree now. It’s awful. He and the one I said earlier should go to the dumpster together - though I liked his Hero quest a lot actually, and the boss UMs you fight for it were a fun battle. 

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’m so stuck on this completely random chapter 5 battle :emofish:

Reveal hidden contents

It’s the part where you have to gather intel on the castle and prison - I’ve done the half where you infiltrate the tower on the island full of Agnian troops, but the other one where you gather data from a small ship is killing me. Two Levnises, legendary strength or whatever but at my exact level, which call a bunch of Agnian troops (slightly below my level) as reinforcements immediately when the battle starts. I die so fast every time, no matter what classes and items and gems I try - I can’t even take out a single Agnian Medic to stop them from healing before my entire party is just tanked, even if I’m using Noah as Ethel’s class and trying to max my damage and crit rate. It feels like such a random difficulty spike out of nowhere. Do I really just need to overlevel to get past it or is there something I’m missing? I’m playing on hard mode if that’s relevant, but I’m not willing to turn that down.

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!! :weeps: It was so random how they were pulverizing me out of nowhere. I had always been the same levels as enemies until that part, but when I suddenly couldn't advance, I went and did side quests, leveled up a few levels, then came back to it and it was easy. I was still only 3-4 levels higher than the end-chapter bosses, so I didn't feel super overleveled and those battles were still challenging.

28 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I finally caught up to here and my rankings are probably the same as yours, with all the Agnus Interlinks winning except for Sena. Sena’s is actually really cool, but something about Lanz’s hulking one beats it out for me still. The other two Agnus ones are a slay though. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Ouroboros orders introduced are a really fun mechanic too. It really ties everything together - fusion arts into interlink v3, as interlink approaches overheating start a chain, fire off two incredible Ouroboros orders, and slayyyy. This might be approaching the orb bursting for me from 2 and making me like XC3 combat a lot more than I initially thought I would 

But wait, I hate how you do the 2 orders and it's over :gaycat6: I'm used to having 4 orders per chain and feel greedy.

36 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I'm used to having 4 orders per chain and feel greedy.

Well I guess that’s why it’s kind of nice you’re free to choose. If I understand correctly you could also just use a normal chain, and on your third and fourth round just use orders from two interlink partners and have your final order be an Ouroboros one instead. That’s fun too and I’m sure for the sake of combo building against UMs it’s probably more worth it to do more rounds than just two (even if the two are powered up rounds)

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Well I guess that’s why it’s kind of nice you’re free to choose. If I understand correctly you could also just use a normal chain, and on your third and fourth round just use orders from two interlink partners and have your final order be an Ouroboros one instead. That’s fun too and I’m sure for the sake of combo building against UMs it’s probably more worth it to do more rounds than just two (even if the two are powered up rounds)

Yeah, I always just do it this way, which I prefer overall. I have two minor issues with it though:

1. It strongly discourages using hero orders. Since the hero obviously can't be part of an ouroboros order, if you use one, you have to pray the other orders will be a matched pair, and I don't like praying to RNGsus.

2. If you want to do, say, Mio and Noah as your first 2 orders because you want their completion bonus, you're forced into doing their ouroboros order on turn 3 (and ending chain) or skipping the ouroboros order for good since it doesn't come back if you don't pick it. I think it would make more sense if it returned in the next lineup.

1 hour ago, Pop pop123 said:

XC3 is so awkward and preachy :rip:. I don’t know if it’s the actual writing or simply the localization is to blame. The dialogue is so bad :skull:.

The goofy villains

The writing is very immature that it clashes with theme of the game being so dark.

Hide contents

There were moments the game did it right. Eunie seeing her husk and her flashback with the consul was excellent. 

That one scene when Ethel and Cammuravi were dying. The “half arsed” line from the consul made me spat out my drink because of hilariously bad it was:skull:.

I do agree that the game is tethering the line of being too melodramatic and takes itself way too seriously. AND PREACHY I’d like to add that as well. I was rolling my eyes…chile.

I got way generic by the end.

It’s weird because XC2 also have plenty of power friendship moment but they feel so much more natural to me. XC3 just feels odd and generic. :rip:

The gameplay is fantastic but everything else sucked unfortunately :rip: .

cutscenes in 2 often feel like a reward after playing the game. It’s the opposite in XC3. :rip: I don’t want to sit through another preachy cutscene.

Monolith really should’ve just made XC2 again (with 3 gameplay improvements) but without the horny.

but they dial it to an 11 with the villains that it becomes comical :rip: .

OH MY GOD, FINALLY :deadbanana4: the way i've been pathetically searching forums for someone sharing my opinion desperately looking for approval :bibliahh: :clown: I was rolling my eyes throughout too. Completely agree with everything above. U said it better than i could, especially abt the XC2 power of friendship stuff. And yeah ur right i forgot about the PREACHINESS as well. I was trying not to be negative too, especially when everyone was just starting & enjoying it, but i couldn't help myself after awhile :chick3: The beginning was good, & had a lot of potential. It even hooked me faster than XC2. But it just didn't lead up to much. 

The way my fave moment of the whole game was 

XC2 related. Poppi & Nia's smile :weeps: and then CHAD Rex :bibliahh:

4 new characters coming to Mario Strikers. Who do y'all think it will be?

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, Marco_g2 said:

4 new characters coming to Mario Strikers. Who do y'all think it will be?

If it's not Birdo, delete it.

Just started Chapter 4, starting to rush through because I got spoiled twice for some things. I forgot one of the spoilers already but the other one is locked into my head 

Splatoon 3... Why would they reuse the same 4 modes from Splatoon 2? Why not add something new? :doc: I like some things I've seen but they are pretty much irrelevant because you'll spend most of the time playing the same modes we already played in the last entry. 

The Splatoon direct just shows that they don't know anything new to do with this franchise. I really enjoyed the first Wii U one, but this franchise is serving Fifa 2020/21/22/23... with nothing new. :rip:

It baffles me that they don't do a two players vs in one console mode to this day.

The Splatoon 3 direct just confirmed what I said the other day which is that they are releasing another stage/weapon pack. 

This game series needs to move to the free to play model of other games and charge per weapon type or stage you want to add. 

How can we be on game 3 and I still feel like it’s not worth the investment when I’ve only ever owned the first game? Maybe someone who had 2 can sell me on the changes in the follow up games but they just don’t seem worth it (not that I’m still playing the first

game on WiiU anymore anyways). Why pay $90 on this when half the solo experience is locked behind dlc and there’s already a ton of other games coming to play (Pokémon and Bayonetta in just a couple months) 

1 hour ago, Chiidish said:

Just started Chapter 4, starting to rush through because I got spoiled twice for some things. I forgot one of the spoilers already but the other one is locked into my head 

This is why I’ve been avoiding spoilers like the plague - I’d either rush through or just put the game down entirely in favor of other things. :katie: The only game I’ve ever been totally spoiled on and still really want to finish is the original Xenoblade.

4 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

Splatoon 3 serving Splatoon 2… :rip:

Splatoon 2 serving Splatoon 1… :rip:

1 minute ago, youreyesgocold said:

Splatoon 2 serving Splatoon 1… :rip:

I was literally typing this :bibliahh:

U could excuse 2 as a rebranded port to the Switch... but wtf is the point of 3 :rip:

Splatoon as a franchise makes no sense to be getting incremental 1,2,3 sequels on the same console :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.