• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Can they announce the new Donkey Kong game that was finished earlier 2021 :biblio:

59 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Hogwarts Legacy delayed until February 2023.

omg the Switch delay is even longer, noooooo nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

14 hours ago, Subomie said:

After like a week of owning this game, I finally got to chapter two on XC3 :rip:

ngl the story beats and cutscenes are usually too longwinded and not interesting enough to capture me, I end up zoning out a lot. But the gameplay is fun enough. I hope it opens up a bit more soon, as the areas have felt very funneled for me so far. A lot of "that's not the right way, silly!" Like... I know it's not, but let me wander!

It does! I eventually was allowed to wander off to an area that I shouldn’t have and I was mercilessly slaughtered immediately, classic Xenoblade :heart2:

17 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

If you’re looking to play an SRPG, then Triangle Strategy is far superior. FE:TH is more of a character sim with basic SRPG elements to me. 

Interesting take! I’ve been looking to grab Triangle Strategy for a few weeks and this might push me to grab it.

42 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Interesting take! I’ve been looking to grab Triangle Strategy for a few weeks and this might push me to grab it.

Get into it. I'd put it above FE3H in combat. So addicting i replayed it thrice (replayed FE3H twice) & the game gets better with NG+ anyways so it wasn't hard to want to replay.

But FE3H destroys TS in Voice acting, Characters, Music. Its not even a competition. 

Story wise, it's hard to compare. TS to me has an incredible story, but doesn't feel as grandeur as the FE3H routes. U can compare them to a history book vs a fantasy book. Fantasy just has more opportunities for "Epicness" and when u hear FE3H's incredible music in the back, it just feels much better. I'd say from a pure writing stand point i still put TS's story above FE3H. 

While i don't think the Demo shows off the game at it's best, u should deffo give it a try since it's free

I’m probably half way through ch4 of xc3 and I’m so confused as to why Mio is being so dramatic about

Spoiler

her 10 year timer reaching its end??? Isn’t it already established that since they are free from the flame clock the 10 year thing is obviously no longer applicable? That’s the point of all the aging discussions they’ve had. The 10 year thing is clearly orchestrated by the consuls and queens as a reason to kill people off that don’t die, so why is she still scared when she’s aware of all their buffoonery????

Are the characters just that dense? Or am I just inferring too much and assuming it should be obvious to them when it’s not?

2 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I’m probably half way through ch4 of xc3 and I’m so confused as to why Mio is being so dramatic about

Reveal hidden contents

her 10 year timer reaching its end??? Isn’t it already established that since they are free from the flame clock the 10 year thing is obviously no longer applicable? That’s the point of all the aging discussions they’ve had. The 10 year thing is clearly orchestrated by the consuls and queens as a reason to kill people off that don’t die, so why is she still scared when she’s aware of all their buffoonery????

Are the characters just that dense? Or am I just inferring too much and assuming it should be obvious to them when it’s not?

I was initially confused about that too but

They all still have a 10 year lifespan regardless of of the flame clock

11 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Reveal hidden contents

Because they still only have a 10yr lifespan

being free from the flame clock just means they don't have to kill to survive

8 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Destroying the Flame Clock only stops them from having to kill others for life force. It’s shown in a scene that their iris no longer show the flame clock. 
I don’t think it’s explain well either because I thought the same thing you did  

@Magickarp @lovecatt @johnzy13

Thanks ladies. Seems like it wasn’t just me who was confused though so they definitely needed to better clarify that. Somehow, (despite all the dialogue and exposition in this game) such a critical plot point wasn’t obvious :deadbanana4:

13 hours ago, HausOfGerard said:

Struggling with Chapter 7 of XC3. Anyone have any team build recommendations in terms of classes? Heroes they used to get through it?

Use Monica, she is that *****.

I only remember the weapons, but I steamrolled the endgame with :

Noah (same class as Monica), Mio (class with the fans), Lanz (class with the flag), Taion (class with the spear), Eunie (class with the guns) and Sena (Riku & Manana's class). 

Anyone here playing Cult of the Lamb? Debating on buying it but some people are having problems playing it on the switch. 

2 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

Anyone here playing Cult of the Lamb? Debating on buying it but some people are having problems playing it on the switch. 

@feelslikeadream E0D1EAu.png

@Magickarp so Triangle Strategy is pretty good so far, can’t make a full judgement because I’m not that into it yet and it feels like it’s hardly even scratched the surface, but I’m enjoying it. I’ve been playing through the demo while waiting for my copy to arrive and it finally did today, so I’m still I guess in the prologue section.

One question I am wondering is, do choices really have significant impact in this game? I saw something about there being three endings, but beyond that while playing does the decision making send you down different branching paths and narratives? For example I just had my first voting ceremony and chose to head to the desert place (I forget it’s name) and I’m wondering if there will be more choices like this and if they actually change your story, or if it’s just surface value. 

9 hours ago, D.Va said:

Use Monica, she is that *****.

I only remember the weapons, but I steamrolled the endgame with :

Noah (same class as Monica), Mio (class with the fans), Lanz (class with the flag), Taion (class with the spear), Eunie (class with the guns) and Sena (Riku & Manana's class). 

Thank you :clap3: 

Mio serving 

Spoiler

spacer.png

in the latest ch4 boss battle and finally pulling out the bad*ss b*tch I had hoped was inside her. She’s had a lot of good character growth this chapter. Finally seeing some freaking personality whewww. 

Sena still LOSING oops. Lanz isn’t much better but at least he has his arms  :cm:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Nnnnnn

spacer.png

(But actually, I watched someone play that game for a few hours on Twitch last night and it looked like too much micro-management for me.)

23 minutes ago, fountain said:

One question I am wondering is, do choices really have significant impact in this game? I saw something about there being three endings, but beyond that while playing does the decision making send you down different branching paths and narratives? For example I just had my first voting ceremony and chose to head to the desert place (I forget it’s name) and I’m wondering if there will be more choices like this and if they actually change your story, or if it’s just surface value. 

Yes, a lot. The places you visit, the characters that join you and the story; your choices have impact on everything. It’s exactly like you said: there’s a lot of branching along the way.

1 hour ago, fountain said:

@Magickarp so Triangle Strategy is pretty good so far, can’t make a full judgement because I’m not that into it yet and it feels like it’s hardly even scratched the surface, but I’m enjoying it. I’ve been playing through the demo while waiting for my copy to arrive and it finally did today, so I’m still I guess in the prologue section.

Considering u haven't complained yet, i'd say you're safe now :dies: the slow portion is over. 

Yuh there are a lot of choices & they matter. The Story u witness & POV changes. This is one reason why i've replayed it so much :jonny5: 

I'd say more, but i'd just spoil u. Desert is the best choice yes :gaycat: i love the plot there. 

“I’m the girl with the gal!” 

My boyfriend asked me to stop using Sena because she kept screaming that every 2 minutes. I told him that I have to use her. Then he asked me if there was an option to mute her :rip:

1 hour ago, touchofmyhand said:

Yes, a lot. The places you visit, the characters that join you and the story; your choices have impact on everything. It’s exactly like you said: there’s a lot of branching along the way.

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

Considering u haven't complained yet, i'd say you're safe now :dies: the slow portion is over. 

Yuh there are a lot of choices & they matter. The Story u witness & POV changes. This is one reason why i've replayed it so much :jonny5: 

I'd say more, but i'd just spoil u. Desert is the best choice yes :gaycat: i love the plot there. 

Ahh okay sounds perfect! Exactly what I wanted. Hopefully there are some tough choices, I want the game to put me through pain :chick3:

I knew from posts here that it would be pretty slow going in the beginning, so going in knowing that, I just tried to appreciate meeting the characters and letting the dialogue play out, knowing it should pick up later. 

Going with the desert was a no brainer to me, I’m more interested in magic, and I wanna know about this goddess stuff they have going on :lakitu:

13 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

“I’m the girl with the gal!” 

My boyfriend asked me to stop using Sena because she kept screaming that every 2 minutes. I told him that I have to use her. Then he asked me if there was an option to mute her :rip:

The girl with the gall is no where near as annoying as that sound she makes when you fall off a cliff. Who the hell approved that moan in the vocal booth :deadbanana4:

Girl the 180 E0D1EAu.png and now i'm all alone agn E0D1EAu.png

13 hours ago, HausOfGerard said:

Thank you :clap3: 

I thought Monica was one of the WORST heroes & classes E0D1EAu.png

Asheera is the best Hero cuz of Chain Attack dmg

Signifer is the easiest way to instant buff your entire team, so make someone that. It's easily the most BROKE class.

Also make icon Eunie dual guns, just for the LOOKS (& dmg) she's the "coolest" to play just cuz i feel like Bayonetta :gaycat:

I hope Hogwarts Legacy is a streaming title for Switch. There is no way this won't be a disaster if it has to run on Switch hardware. 

Edited by Pop

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.