• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

Mess. I thought everyone knew it because it was revealed in the direct and everyone talked about it here. :skull:

I think some of us are just less engaged with that kind of thing - I’m pretty sure now that there’s a few trailers I missed lol

the way I had the chapter 4 boss in a launch animation during a chain attack :bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, lovecatt said:

the way I had the chapter 4 boss in a launch animation during a chain attack :bibliahh:

I always get them dazed or launched before initiating chain :gaycat2:

Speaking of chains, I think they work fine, but they take SO long when you do them successfully :toofunny3: Recently I've just avoided doing them and killed the enemy with regular attacks so I don't have to watch 10 mins of one chain attack.

• ATRL Moderator

Well now that everyone knows about the Ouroboros thing from the Direct, let's say which design we prefer :gaycat:

Mio > Noah

Taion > Eunie

Lanz > Sena

But I actually still like Sena's a lot. The way Agnus characters are inferior but their Ouroboros kind of snapped :ducky:

7 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I always get them dazed or launched before initiating chain :gaycat2:

Speaking of chains, I think they work fine, but they take SO long when you do them successfully :toofunny3: Recently I've just avoided doing them and killed the enemy with regular attacks so I don't have to watch 10 mins of one chain attack.

I love how stupid they look when theyre launched or just laying there dead when they're toppled :skull: especially when they're a special boss like the chapter 4 one was

They do take long but I find it so satisfying trying to get 200+ TP per round

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

they take SO long when you do them successfully :toofunny3: Recently I've just avoided doing them and killed the enemy with regular attacks so I don't have to watch 10 mins of one chain attack.

yuh its annoying when ur grinding CP, and have to watch those animations over and over if u want maximum results :clown:

1 hour ago, lovecatt said:

Chain Attacks stack with Launch multiplier so u def should when u can :jonny5:

I just had a ridiculously hard boss fight that I cannot possibly believe wasn’t the end of the chapter, oh my god :deadbanana2: I had to try like ten times and had to use half defenders, half healers again to stall it out!

1 hour ago, justin. said:

I’m still only working through chapter 3

I can’t figure out if ch3 is just never ending, or if it’s me exploring and doing hero quests non stop. Ch3 could be an entire game on its own at this point :deadbanana4:

I’m 8 hours in on XC3 and it’s been a smooth ride so far. The game isn’t as complex as y’all make it sound unless I haven’t hit the hard part yet :deadbanana2: but the story is very engaging. My only issue is the time based combat that I had to get used to. All I’ve played lately is action based. Its also my first time playing any XC games. With that being said it’s a 8/10 so far. 

I love the new MK8D tracks! Much better than Wave 1 (even tho I liked that one too). 

Sydney Sprint, Mushroom Gorge, Waluigi Pinball, Kalimari Desert, Snow Land >>>>>>>

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

I just had a ridiculously hard boss fight that I cannot possibly believe wasn’t the end of the chapter, oh my god :deadbanana2: I had to try like ten times and had to use half defenders, half healers again to stall it out!

spacer.png

Looks like we are getting Peach Gardens(DS) track on wave 3, the gays stay winning

Edited by Gourgeist

The XC3 DLC is gonna EAT if it’s gonna give us chapter 5 tea. :jonny3: 

Spoiler

One-eyed Rex dual-wielding Mythra and Pyra’s swords returning :jonny6:  and Shulk

Chapter 4 spoilers

Spoiler

I loved shifting Smellia’s wig a little. Weak ass *****. :jonny2: Too bad it was only a roboclone. :gaycat6: When Noah was about to take her ass out CLEAN I screamed at my Switch. Nia would have shut them down within seconds.

Edited by touchofmyhand

2 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

Hide contents

One-eyed Rex dual-wielding Mythra and Pyra’s swords returning :jonny6:  and Shulk

where was this :deadbanana2: i must've completely missed it :deadbanana2:

MK wave 2 was alright. I agree it’s better than wave 1 and Mushroom Gorge is always a slay, but it’s not enough to swipe my attention away from XC3 or even to bother to register for NSO again. 

Maybe after there’s a few more waves I’ll end up wanting to race online again. For now I played each cup once and that was enough. :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, JonginBey said:

spacer.png

If you hit the little – button, it goes into auto-fight mode :ihype:

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

As soon as I saw the Six Houses stuff, I wondered if that's what the DLC would be. I actually would really prefer DLC set in another period (like Torna) instead of returning to the same characters/world over a year after playing the base game :rip:

I need the artists to hurry up.

Lanz x Taion

Lanz x Zeon

Lanz x Noah 

Theres a common denominator here :jonny4:

Starting chapter 4 and this game is about to go off the rails for story, isn’t it?  And the battle at the end of chapter 3 omg :gaycat6: (spoilers for the end of chapter 3 follow, please just do not click if you haven’t gotten there)

Spoiler

When I tell you I had NO CLUE that Consul J was that person until the reveal even though I should have gotten it over the voice - I about screamed! And not to mention how brutally difficult that was. Hands down the hardest fight for me so far, just barely edging out Moebius B. The bleed effects had me raging because even with four healers (and three defenders) my party couldn’t keep up with the constant damage! And that’s while being five levels over him.

Now seeing N come into the fold after the Consul J reveal, and thinking about Eunie’s visions/memories, I feel like I’m maybe starting to get part of what’s going on here? But there’s still so much I don’t understand, especially surrounding the role the queens play.

I want to learn more about Z soon though. His letter being the first as Zanza’s might be something, and his design clearly shows some weird stuff is going on with him.

The number of times I’ve audibly yelled at my TV or just jaw dropped at a story turn or the first view of a new location, this game does not stop hitting me

GOTY - Elden Ring, eat your heart out

Wave 2 Rankings:

New York Minute: 7/10

Solid, definitely better than Tokyo but not as good as Paris.  The last lap is the best.  Wish the cars were hazards.

Mario Circuit 3: 7/10

Surprisingly better than I expected.  The music is iconic and this is some nice bonus Wii nostalgia.

Kalimari Desert: 9/10

Love this, definitely one of the best upgrades.  This is the first track where I really noticed the graphics being better in Wave 2 than Wave 1.  The background is actually textured!  Love how they incorporated the tunnel in the second lap.  Just wish that garish tour trick ramp wasn't there.  So ugly and unnecessary.

Waluigi Pinball: 10/10

Wig.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sydney Sprint: 10/10

By FAR the best city track.  Up to this point I could take or leave the city tracks, but if the rest are gonna be this good, I definitely want them.  Awesome music too.

Snow Land: 9/10

Basic, but very fun.  Another really solid graphical track.  The icy road looks great.

Mushroom Gorge: 11/10

WIG.  One of my favorites from Wii.  I was worried they were gonna wreck it like they did Coconut Mall, but they kept the two paths through the gorge (and added the third glider path), kept the gap jump, and even added the additional mushrooms off to the side at the beginning.  I hope Koopa Cape and Maple Treeway are treated with similar respect.

Sky High Sundae: 6/10

Wow.  After how great Ninja Hideaway was (and seeing how great Merry Mountain looks), this is pretty disappointing.  The Fall Guys colors are ugly, driving through the handrail is stupid, and the layout is very basic.  Still fun, but I would've rather had a 3DS or GCN track.  Hopefully the upcoming tour originals are more like Ninja Hideaway and Merry Mountain and not this.

Overall, very happy!  Wave 1 definitely felt like a Mushroom Cup and this one feels more like a Flower Cup, more interesting, exciting, and challenging!  Makes me even more hyped for the upcoming waves.  And if the leaks for Wave 3 are true, I'll be ecstatic!  I just hope that last DS track in Wave 4 is Airship Fortress!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Chiidish said:

I need the artists to hurry up.

Lanz x Taion

Lanz x Zeon

Lanz x Noah 

Theres a common denominator here :jonny4:

Not you forgetting Lanz x Gray :gaycat2:

5 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Not you forgetting Lanz x Gray :gaycat2:

I haven’t met him in game yet omg but I already know it’s gonna be good :gaycat2:

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

If you hit the little – button, it goes into auto-fight mode :ihype:

Chile, the ATRL PR for this game is all over the place. I continue to be scared away.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.