Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

Not 

Spoiler

Vandham dying AGAIN

and them just getting it done with immediately this time :deadbanana2:

The way I saw that coming from the trailers, but not within 10 damn minutes from his appearance. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

17 hours ago, Doogle said:

Did anyone get Digimon. I heard it plays like **** on Switch :doc: might have to get it on PS4

I’ve played around 2 hours so far, and it’s been fine for me.

• ATRL Moderator

So I remember when it was revealed that we would play as the Keves characters first, I was concerned the Agnus characters might feel like secondary characters and I'd like them less or something. Turns out I do like the Keves characters better, but not because I played as them first, but just because they're better :gaycat2:

Noah = Mio

Eunie >> Taion

Lanz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sena

Anyway, speaking of Miss Eunie, she might be my fave at this point. She has a great story arc so far, she's homophobic, it feels like cheating playing her as a full metal jaguar, I mean, come on now.

fcdd45497aad7e466c1fd675ec83fcf933d6a2bc.gifv

Random thought: This isn't only about Xenoblade cause it happens in a lot of RPGs, but I'm SICK of fighting a boss for an hour and then the battle ends and the boss is stood there looking happy and healthy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: At least make them INJURED in the next cutscene ffs!

18 hours ago, Magickarp said:

the class unlock system is insufferable 

U apparently get 0 CP for fighting anything 5 lvls below. (& it correlates to my own expereince)

So whenever i unlock a new Hero, i need to detour to fight higher level enemies, if i want to use their class.

Then i come back to the story even more overlevelled than before.

Even worse when u unlock it, then realise u prefer sum else.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.png

EDIT: just found a rather brain dead way to unlock classes faster so lets celebrate that :cheers:

Ok stop gatekeeping pls legend, I just unlocked heroes and want to save some stress 

wow xenoblade 3 really is the greatest game of all time huh 

No Taion slander pls but yes Keves supremacy.

also who else is playing hard mode?

Can I play XC3 without finishing 1 and 2. Is the story still understandable? I tried to play 1 again and was even more confused than when I initially played

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Noah = Mio

Eunie >> Taion

Lanz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sena

Anyway, speaking of Miss Eunie, she might be my fave at this point. She has a great story arc so far, she's homophobic, it feels like cheating playing her as a full metal jaguar, I mean, come on now.

Yup yup those rankings are on poinT

YAAAAAAASSSS Dual Gun Eunie is my fave too :jonny5: she's so fun to play. And her fit is the best one in the game, I feel like Bayonetta :jonny5:

She's such a shady ***** :toofunny3: where was her homophobia? I must've missed it :toofunny3: 

What skills did u give her? I feel like none of them really benefit but 40% Ether. I'm on C5 and she literally only has 1 useful skill, but she's still the most cracked member :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Chiidish said:

Ok stop gatekeeping pls legend, I just unlocked heroes and want to save some stress 

As long as you're fighting enemies within -5 or higher of your level, you'll be fine :chick2: if u play the story without overlevelling you'll unlock them pretty stress free tbh, & use Chain attacks even when not necessary, those boost CP by a lot. What i did when i was overlevelled was find a similar level Monster Grave, then set the game to Easy, & keep grinding that grave.

To unlock the Hero class u gotta fight with them in your team, or have someone else equip that Hero class. Also i heard the more of that same Hero Class u have equipped the faster others can unlock them. Not sure tho. 

47 minutes ago, DanceFreak said:

Can I play XC3 without finishing 1 and 2. Is the story still understandable? I tried to play 1 again and was even more confused than when I initially played

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

yes

you'll miss out on nods to the other games but I think for the most part it's just fan service for those that have played the first 2

If you don't plan on playing the other 2 (& have some free time) you could just watch this

Anyone playing this on hard? really forces you to learn all of the systems :jonny5:

Side note I love how drops happen close to the body now :clap3: 

Team Eunie all the way. Agreed she is the mpg of XC3. 

Sena is damn near forgettable so far, she might as well not be there (though I’m still in ch2). As for Mio, she has no mpg energy whatsoever. At least Sena has an excuse because she’s not supposed to be the “star”. Noah gets to do and say everything in this game and then Mio just pops her head in to say “yeah same me too” :deadbanana2: Girl needs to assert her dominance as not only the eldest but the HBIC and make her own damn decisions for the team once in a while pls

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Yup yup those rankings are on poinT

YAAAAAAASSSS Dual Gun Eunie is my fave too :jonny5: she's so fun to play. And her fit is the best one in the game, I feel like Bayonetta :jonny5:

She's such a shady ***** :toofunny3: where was her homophobia? I must've missed it :toofunny3: 

What skills did u give her? I feel like none of them really benefit but 40% Ether. I'm on C5 and she literally only has 1 useful skill, but she's still the most cracked member :jonny5:

You spilled on all fronts! Even after I changed her class, I kept her in the cape outfit :gaycat1: And idk what skills other than the ether boost. I let the game do the "auto-build" for everything basically :fan:

Proof of her homophobia:

Spoiler

pKIv1l5.jpg

2 hours ago, Rence said:

So can we all agree that Eunie is the MPG of this game :gaycat2:

Nobody's doing it like the High Entia girlies :gaycat2:

xb-melia1.jpgUhE9r5h.png

1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

Team Eunie all the way. Agreed she is the mpg of XC3. 

Sena is damn near forgettable so far, she might as well not be there (though I’m still in ch2). As for Mio, she has no mpg energy whatsoever. At least Sena has an excuse because she’s not supposed to be the “star”. Noah gets to do and say everything in this game and then Mio just pops her head in to say “yeah same me too” :deadbanana2: Girl needs to assert her dominance as not only the eldest but the HBIC and make her own damn decisions for the team once in a while pls

Sena has a bad voice actress and she's annoying. If I have to hear, "I'm ThE GiRL WiTh tHe GaLL" one more time, I s2g...

Mio and Noah both are pretty generic protagonist characters. I'm not sure why everyone in here was saying Noah is so much better than Rex when he's basically the archetype of "good guy protagonist" with no real personality of his own :rip: He's much more in line with Shulk in that way. But I'd still rank him above Shulk :fan:

the way xc1 fans tried to gaslight gamers into thinking the xc1 has the superior cast when shulk is the personification of watching paint dry :skull:

I'll never forgive them for trying it with king Rex & resulting in monolith pulling back the personality with the MC in 3

I mean Noah is atleast more interesting than shulk but the occasional lightheartedness that came with Rex is sorely missed so far

Honestly Noah beats Rex by virtue of just not being supremely annoying. He beats Shulk by having a better design. :gaycat:

Over 20 hours in now and this game is slowly inching its way up my all-time favorites list. I kinda want to call in sick tomorrow so I don’t have to put it down :jonny2:

47 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

"I'm ThE GiRL WiTh tHe GaLL" one more time, I s2g...

Mio and Noah both are pretty generic protagonist characters. I'm not sure why everyone in here was saying Noah is so much better than Rex when he's basically the archetype of "good guy protagonist" with no real personality of his own :rip: He's much more in line with Shulk in that way. But I'd still rank him above Shulk :fan:

29 minutes ago, lovecatt said:

the way xc1 fans tried to gaslight gamers into thinking the xc1 has the superior cast when shulk is the personification of watching paint dry :skull:

I'll never forgive them for trying it with king Rex & resulting in monolith pulling back the personality with the MC in 3

I mean Noah is atleast more interesting than shulk but the occasional lightheartedness that came with Rex is sorely missed so far

oh right i just remembered that:bibliahh: and omg YES, why is she ALWAYS the one saying the end battle line  :deadbanana2: i hear her more often than anyone. The NOISE she makes when takes fall dmg... i wanna punch her :) 

And yuh Mio is literally Sakura :rip: and Noah is so bland :rip: I was sticker_2103.png when everyone said Noah was above Shulk & Rex

The only person with personality is Eunie. Lanz too, but my mind is clouded by his muscles :smitten: XC2 cast >>> 

I wonder how bad Shulk must've been for y'all to call him more white bread than Noah :deadbanana2: 

I actually hated the entire cast throughout all of XC1, except for one character I was obsessed with from the start who

Spoiler

they killed off in the first hour (Fiora) :rip:

But from the moment we saw a glimpse of

Spoiler

her in one of the mechon about a third of the way in

I was hooked on the game - just to see the story through to completion. 

With XC2 I basically loved all the characters in both the base game and the DLC as soon as they were introduced (minus Tora and his weird robot fetishes), but didn’t really get hooked on the story until much later.

Spoiler

(probably Vandham’s death where we meet Mythra for the first time)

Honestly XC2 has so many faults and I can understand why people put it down and don’t give it a chance (I bought it on release and put it down in ch3 myself, then went back a year later and was obsessed), but everything it does right it does to perfection (character growth, story, the battle system, “like… coffee with milk”, “I love you… and all of you guys”, TORNAAAAA).

With that said, XB3 is amazing for me so far but I’m only in ch2 so idk. If it can come close to the highs of the story in 1 and the characters in 2 I’ll be happy. For now, both are alright in 3. The battle system feels like an evolved version of 1 which is a bit of a let down for me though. I think it’s fun, and I do enjoy the combat in 1, but I miss bursting those damn orbs. It was so addictive, and Torna evolved it to be even better. I wish they had continued to fine tune and evolve that system instead. 

Also, a question for anyone much further in the game than me - no heavy XB3 spoilers please, but can you just yes/no confirm if (XB1 spoiler)

Spoiler

the Fog beast from future connected

is anywhere in this game? They apparently used that epilogue to set this game up, but it makes no sense now considering

Spoiler

the worlds would have been combined already in FC, so how could the Bionis’ shoulder still exist as it did? And also I don’t see how the fog beast relates to Morbius at all since it was from another dimension or something, and Melia seems to exist as the queen in this world

15 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

I finished the prologue and some of part 1 in Digimon Survive last night. It’s pretty good. It just feels like Adventure honestly, so I hope a lot of it isn’t a rehash of that. So far XC3 > DS, but that was expected. The game is an honest 7 so far which is really fine, but it will need the story to really kick into gear to move up any more. 

So far Minoru and Saki are my favourite characters. Maybe the others will grow on me. Aoi seems a bit too much of a Mary Sue though… literally everyone is freaking out about these monsters and she’s just like “oh true hi here’s a handkerchief” :deadbanana2:

@Doogle Performance seems fine for the opening 2 hours or so. I didn’t see any slowdown in the few battles I had, and the visual novel parts are animated well for what’s essentially static screenshots. 

Hmm can you elaborate? So far I’ve just been checking the menu to see who has lowest affinity, and picking that person’s opinion/discussion when I have the choice. I’ve been trying to lay it around evenly for the battle benefits (maybe that’s a bit too calculated, but I am making all the other choices honestly so that the game plays out according to my personality). Is there enough affinity points that sharing them equally means that some characters can reach mega? Or is it that only your “best friends” so to speak can accumulate enough points to reach it?

it's much better than digimon adventure mostly because it doesn't do that friendship saves lives cliches.  about mega levels, you need a very high amount of affinity and you are not reaching it by simply "choosing what you wanna say" but i believe you can reach mega on everyone id you manage to choose the correct dialogue all the time. i can't say too much else without it being very spoilery. 

Finally hit my first 3M dmg Chain :jonny5: also i HATE how the game disincentives you from exploring later on. 

I just unlocked a massive (& annoying) area, but i feel horrible when i explore it cuz i refuse to open any chests, cuz my Noppon Coins & Ether are 99 :deadbanana2: 

Also i'm 30 Lvls above the main quest :toofunny3: i haven't even used the camp yet :toofunny3: fighting high level enemies to unlock classes is overlevelling me on its own :toofunny3:

Pokémon Presents on Wednesday with Scarlet & Violet news 

10 hours ago, lovecatt said:

:clap3:

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Release the gimmick already 

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Release the gimmick already 

• ATRL Moderator

Eww, I forgot a new Pokémon game is coming out this year. I wonder if critics will finally turn on the series with this entry :matty: In a year that saw the releases of Elden Ring, Horizon FW, XC3, etc., a series like Pokémon shouldn't be praised if it shows hardly any evolution. I guess we'll see!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.