2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

39 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

I swear to goodness, some of the posts in here are so weird. The US is fine if you're ''business friendly'', 1 million people dying is fine because there are elections. Doesn't matter that there's only two parties and a media that is owned by the rich who set the agenda and boundaries of political thought for millions. China sets LGBT policy in America.... It seems as things get worse with the highest drop in real incomes in the West in decades under an establishment centrist presidency, the cheerleaders are going into overdrive. 

They talk down to us because they know they need our votes. So they demand we suck it up and give up what we want because "it's a pipe dream" so that we support their milquetoast incrementalism that doesn't really help anyone.

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Espresso said:

She was spittin here

Shontel lost her cool here:deadbanana4:

he eliminated District 10 which Val Demmings is the congress representative

The two majority-black congressional districts getting lost deserves a lot more attention than Disney imho, though the the latter's amount is still justified.

• ATRL Moderator
58 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I think this is a very cogent and simple example of political gaslighting.

Republicans: "Omg, no one is against gay rights! Stop saying that we are!"

Also Republicans: **introduce hundreds of anti-gay laws across the country**

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

The two majority-black congressional districts getting lost deserves a lot more attention than Disney imho, though the the latter's amount is still justified.

Deathsantis knows what he's doin

I need legend Val to speak up NOW

27 minutes ago, Pie-kun said:

Just pure evil. 

oh hell no, we got to stand up now

Crazy how out in the open this is. It reminds me when a bunch of Republican governors started passing laws requiring people who get government benefits to get drug tested and then it came out those politicians had money invested in drug testing companies

Conveniently, Florida Governor Republican Rick Scott pushed mandatory drug testing—provided, in part, by his wife’s company, Solantic⁠. Scott transferred his $62 million stake⁠ in the company to his wife only a few months before mandating drug testing for state employees and welfare recipients.

Edited by Pie-kun

Florida ironically becoming this while nicknamed the Sunshine state

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Kamala constantly losing staff is pretty hysterical at this point. 

As for Puerto Rico, is there any recent data on whether Puerto Rican citizens would like to join as a state? I hate that ruling, but I think they in general deserve all the possible benefits that come with statehood. But of course, I'd only want that if the people there want to join.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.