2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

California pharma lobbyists OWN Adam Schiff, let's be clear. If the theory goes that the Progressive Caucus acceptance is merely window-dressing, I hope enough of the state sees through it. I have my doubts, but when combining age and viewpoints, is I could, I'd vote Porter. I do support Lee more, but Porter's not winning her district back after going national. There's built-in backlash. Some here may disagree with my trade-off, but it is what it is.Β 

Β 

I still think Schiff wins after he gets more endorsements and there'll be a subtly growing smear campaign as has already started on Porter for the timing of her announcement and not giving due 'deference' to Feinstein which is absurd.

13 minutes ago, Espresso said:

California pharma lobbyists OWN Adam Schiff, let's be clear. If the theory goes that the Progressive Caucus acceptance is merely window-dressing, I hope enough of the state sees through it. I have my doubts, but when combining age and viewpoints, is I could, I'd vote Porter. I do support Lee more, but Porter's not winning her district back after going national. There's built-in backlash. Some here may disagree with my trade-off, but it is what it is.Β 

Β 

I still think Schiff wins after he gets more endorsements and there'll be a subtly growing smear campaign as has already started on Porter for the timing of her announcement and not giving due 'deference' to Feinstein which is absurd.

This is exactly my thoughts. I've kinda just written the election as an L already at this point before Schiff even announced he was gonna run (though it was obvious he was going to and would be the awful centrist candidate... perfect replacement for Feinstein!)Β 

Β 

I love Lee and would 100% prefer her to run and win but at this point she might as well just not bother and keep fighting the good fight in her district/in Congress, though I might be biased in saying that as someone in her district. I'd prefer Khanna over Porter too but alas, it'll be a classic cancelling out votes thing.

A cynical, but necessary, andΒ brilliantΒ chess move from the White House to dare Fox to cancel, regardless of Oliver's pearl-clutching here. And it looks like they did, of course.

Β 

WHY do these outlets always leave out the most important part to these stories? :ace:Β 

Β 

Regarding of them not continuing the case and settling, it's still NOT HIS MONEY. IT'S TAXPAYER FUNDS.Β 

Β 

Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.